Would like to know if blackberry 10 supports and Burner-like apps to anonymously send and receive text messages. Just wondering... not trying to do anything illegal .

Thanks all,

Sean
    02-26-14 01:08 PM
    Not sure about them, but searched Snap for anonymous text and got some results.

Are there any apps like Burner or some other app to anonymously text another number?-img_20140226_141513.png

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 01:17 PM
    I use "burner" you can off of SNAP, that will give ya what you are looking for!
    02-26-14 01:19 PM
    This is what comes up when I search.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]251111
    Attached Thumbnails Are there any apps like Burner or some other app to anonymously text another number?-img_00000328.png  
    02-26-14 01:21 PM
    I have absolutely no idea what snap is. Care to explain?
    02-26-14 01:23 PM
    I currently have 10.2.0.424 on my Q10. Will I be able to utilize this?
    02-26-14 01:25 PM
    Unfortunately it would require you to run a Leak OS in order to get ahold of SNAP.You would need 10.2.1.xxx and above to allow the installation and use of SNAP.

SNAP is a 3rd party app store that taps into googleplay and allows for direct search and installs of most of their apps. - Not all apps will work though.
    02-26-14 01:35 PM
    Thanks! Would Sachesi be the right way to go then?

Posted via CB10 on the Q10 - the Pinnacle of Human Achievement
    02-26-14 01:45 PM
    Thanks! Would Sachesi be the right way to go then?

Posted via CB10 on the Q10 - the Pinnacle of Human Achievement
    The beauty here on CB is you have more than one option! Sachesi is a very popular option, and turns good results for people here.

This was recently dropped and "cleans" your phone before the OS install,
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-909209/

SNAP:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...-2-1-a-874153/

How to Use Snap:
    How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10.2.1 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com

And your OS download can be found in the Leaked OS section of the forums!
    Sean CueTen likes this.
    02-26-14 01:55 PM
    Thanks a TON Grumble. Much appreciated!
    02-26-14 02:20 PM
    No problem,

Just understand this is at YOUR OWN RISK! and I don't take any responsibility if you kill your phone, or use those special apps for anything in the grey area.
    02-26-14 02:29 PM
    I downloaded the trial version of Burner from Snap and it works great. The problem is that it doesn't seem to let you pay for the full version after the 7 day trial expires - I think because you need Google Play. Has any one been able to pay for the full version and if so how did you do it?

Does anyone have any alternative apps they can recommend? I tried Text Free but I found it quickly drained my battery constantly checking for new texts.
    07-23-14 10:29 AM
    I downloaded the trial version of Burner from Snap and it works great. The problem is that it doesn't seem to let you pay for the full version after the 7 day trial expires - I think because you need Google Play. Has any one been able to pay for the full version and if so how did you do it?

Does anyone have any alternative apps they can recommend? I tried Text Free but I found it quickly drained my battery constantly checking for new texts.
    Update: I emailed the developer and was told billing cannot be done outside the app because of the strict guidelines from Google Play/iTtunes. When I inquired about porting the app over to BB10 they told me they are working on putting the app on Amazon's Appstore and once that is done, I should be able to buy credits for my BB10 device.

Still looking for a good alternative app that works in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions.
    07-23-14 04:05 PM
    Visit Google Play via your desktop and purchase it from there. It will then be recognized as purchased on your account and you should, in theory, be able to just download it from Snap using the same login credentials.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 04:41 PM
    I see it as my app on Google Play via my desktop but I don't see an option to buy the app's credits. I even bought some Google Play credits to see if it would somehow give me an option to transfer those over, but it did not.
    07-23-14 05:06 PM
    I see it as my app on Google Play via my desktop but I don't see an option to buy the app's credits. I even bought some Google Play credits to see if it would somehow give me an option to transfer those over, but it did not.
    Emailed the developer again and you cannot add credits via your desktop.

I saw there is a new app called Masked SMS, but that seems to hide your text not give you a different #. I saw people were concerned about the potential illegal uses of Masked SMS. Just to be clear, I have a totally legitimate use for a second # that I can just delete or change later. I have a few rental properties and wanted to use the second # for an ad so I could "kill it" when the property was rented. I have found in the past when I used my real cell # that I would get annoying calls and texts for months after the ad was over and the apartment was rented.
    07-24-14 10:09 AM