Have identified a number of issues related to text messaging, some of them reported in other threads. The issues are very, very frustrating and severely cripple the phone's usability. In essence, what's happening is a text message won't actually go out for 15-20 seconds. Some have reported waiting up to a minutes (!). If you send the message, you can't view another sms in the meantime either. Only after the message has actually gone out will you be able to then view other text messages.

It's so bizarre but it definitely feels like a software glitch or bug. Will this be fixed in 10.2, how can issues like this be reported to BBRY now, and has anyone else found a work-around? I'd really like to avoid having to restore my phone to factory defaults and live without my imported data from my previous Bold 9900 (is this perhaps what's related to the issue, the data migration somehow broke the functionality of the software?)
    06-17-13 08:39 PM
    Text messaging is very fast on my phone. Never more than a second or two delay. On Telus in Canada.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    06-17-13 10:39 PM
    I have a friend that has just got a Zed on fid and her phone can be delayed with texts for this long, she will enter the text in the Window and press enter and nothing will show up in the message string for that period of time

Have tried deleting all of her texts (a huge texter), no luck

Upgraded to the 2354 OS, no luck there either,

Gonna try changing the circuit switched to. Packet switched

If that doesn't work will try a security wipe and a complete reload of 2354 and a restore

So yes it is an issue

From the Zed of Rockivy
    06-17-13 10:48 PM
    It's an issue for you. Don't assume it is a problem for everyone because it isn't for me. Texting is very fast on my phone.

06-17-13 11:20 PM
    Also very Laggy/glitchy on my phone. Takes about 3 seconds for it to appear in the chat boxes but wish it was instant like BBM.

And opening the keyboard for the first text is also glitchy. Been complaining since February still no fix
    06-17-13 11:25 PM
    It's an issue, not for everyone, but it exists. Not related to provider. Seems more of a problem related to data migration. Can't verify this 100% but it seems everyone with this issue did a data import of previous text messages?

Try and save your text message as a draft, then watch how fast it sends out! This is the "fix".

Has anyone contacted Blackberry about this? Any resolution via other methods such as backup-restore?

Note: BBM is instant and perfect.
    06-17-13 11:46 PM
    It's an issue for you. Don't assume it is a problem for everyone because it isn't for me. Texting is very fast on my phone.

Um first off I didn't say it was a problem for me east, it's a friend that's having an issue with her Fido ST100-3, I have a Telus with zero texting issues.

I was just backing up the OP that even though mine is fine that others are having issues like him and that hopefully somebody has managed to either find a solution or by throwing our ideas out there can work together to find one.

That's awesome yours is fine but I think the OP would like to here of solutions to resolve his issue that's all

From the Zed of Rockivy
    06-18-13 02:17 AM
    It's an issue, not for everyone, but it exists. Not related to provider. Seems more of a problem related to data migration. Can't verify this 100% but it seems everyone with this issue did a data import of previous text messages?

Try and save your text message as a draft, then watch how fast it sends out! This is the "fix".

Has anyone contacted Blackberry about this? Any resolution via other methods such as backup-restore?

I think you're right I had some issues with my zed when I first got it and was talking with Kris S here and he suggested a security wipe after installing with the autoloader the latest leak (10.1.0.2354 in my case not brave enough to try 10.2.xxxxx)

So I did that and quite a few of the glitch type issues were cleaned up, I never had this particular issue but have read that importing old files from OS 7 or earlier BlackBerry can muck up BB10, which I think is why quite a few guys start with clean boxes after upgraded so they don't bring possible junk from previous OS versions

That's why I was going to do that didn't get a chance tonight but hopefully she can stop by tomorrow and get this sorted out I will keep you posted

From the Zed of Rockivy
    06-18-13 02:23 AM

Ya I'm pretty sure it has to do with data migration as I've transferred my old text messages to bb10
    06-18-13 03:02 AM
    It makes sense that not importing old data will ensure the cleanest experience. That said, you think BB would have sorted out these issues prior to launch. The question is whether to wipe the device and start clean or wait for 10.2 to see if it fixes the issue. Is there a release date for 10.2 and will that automatically push to all carriers worldwide (or is it not like that, and each carrier has to go through their testing, which can take months, etc.)
    06-18-13 10:44 AM
    I agree with the initial post of this thread; my texts are extremely slow and unbearable to use. It sucks upgrading to a new phone and then having to check back every minute to see if it actually sent and toggling back and forth for it to load the correct contact box. Got mine on 6/21, still wondering if there's anything to fix this.
    06-24-13 10:43 AM
    Have you tried to back up, then wipe, then full restore, so it goes in clean.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-24-13 11:03 AM
    If you can't wait 20 seconds for something then the conversation warrants an actual phone call. Nothing that is time sensitive should ever be done over text.

It sounds to me like you're blowing the issue a little out of proportion.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 11:21 AM
    Took mine back to AT&T and swapped it for a Samsung Galaxy S4. It was the end of an era for me, 10 years as a loyal BB customer, but they fell flat on their face and have 10% of the apps and customization the S4 has. I would highly recommend it.
    06-26-13 11:52 AM
    Got this resolved with my friends zed, it was the fact she had saved a year worth of text messages on her bold and then copied them to the Zed. Once she blew those away poof works slick, solved those other things mentioned here didn't work

Fido almost had her convinced that her zed was a lemon and to send it back to blackberry and get a loaner for what 8 weeks while they looked at it, the Fido people never even heard of this forum or were even remotely educated on the phone, she even took it to another Fido store in town and the best buy where she bought it and got the same answer it's a lemon send it back to BlackBerry.

Thanks crackberry.com and the poster who suggested this fix great forum here

From the Zed of Rockivy
    06-27-13 12:17 AM
    Got this resolved with my friends zed, it was the fact she had saved a year worth of text messages on her bold and then copied them to the Zed. Once she blew those away poof works slick, solved those other things mentioned here didn't work

Fido almost had her convinced that her zed was a lemon and to send it back to blackberry and get a loaner for what 8 weeks while they looked at it, the Fido people never even heard of this forum or were even remotely educated on the phone, she even took it to another Fido store in town and the best buy where she bought it and got the same answer it's a lemon send it back to BlackBerry.

Thanks crackberry.com and the poster who suggested this fix great forum here

From the Zed of Rockivy
    So she deleted all her text messages and started fresh? Is there a way to delete only the pre bb10 text messages
    06-27-13 12:42 AM
    Same problem here. Ever since 10.1 update. Really frustrating!

Posted via CB10
    kellymccarthy likes this.
    06-27-13 12:47 AM
    Same problem here. Ever since 10.1 update. Really frustrating!

Posted via CB10
    Ever since 10.0
    06-27-13 01:13 AM
    I'm with Virgin Mobile Canada and in the past week I've noticed a few slow texts but today really surprised me. A friend texted me at 12 noon, I didn't receive the text until after 5pm - weird.
    06-27-13 02:12 AM
    I have this issue also, but did not bring anything from my Torch to my Z... Sometimes texting is super fast, other times not so much.

In fact, I still have 2 texts hanging around from the middle of a conversation with my sister-in-law on Sunday! Just for kicks I thought I'd keep the conversation open, and see how long it takes for them to finally send...

I'm on Att, official OS, apps only from blackberry world.

Hmmm. Frustrating to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 03:05 AM
    If you can't wait 20 seconds for something then the conversation warrants an actual phone call. Nothing that is time sensitive should ever be done over text.

It sounds to me like you're blowing the issue a little out of proportion.

And then you wonder why everyone is moving to S4. Thats the type of support out there, Damn Blackberry and their lack of support

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 04:49 AM
    does anyone have an update on this.....I can't begin to tell you how frustrated I am. I write a text and literally wait up to a minute for it to appear. SOmetimes I do not realize it has NOT gone out until much later. The screen actually goes blank when I hit send and then eventually (most of the time) it appears. But often it just disappears. HELP! I relie heavily on text. I am a loyal blackberry person but this might be what takes me to the other side
    12-02-13 11:53 PM
    I didn't read the thread, so forgive if it was already suggested. This issue can be solved by deleting long text and BBM threads. I know people who have had this issue, and deleting long threads from the Hub fixed it.
    12-03-13 06:08 AM
    does anyone have an update on this.....I can't begin to tell you how frustrated I am. I write a text and literally wait up to a minute for it to appear. SOmetimes I do not realize it has NOT gone out until much later. The screen actually goes blank when I hit send and then eventually (most of the time) it appears. But often it just disappears. HELP! I relie heavily on text. I am a loyal blackberry person but this might be what takes me to the other side
    I had the same issue. I'm guessing you're on 10.2.0.xxxx. I was unwilling to delete my text history as a solution so I backed up on Link, installed the 10.2.1.1055 leak and then restored on Link. now everything on the phone is so slick. I can't recommend it enough, it was well worth the couple of hours without my phone while it restored. The extra features in the leak make it the best OS out there. My only problem was installing Android apps from 1 mobile. They seem to interfere with everything so avoid em if possible.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:23 AM
    Here's the link for the autoloader. So easy to use. For pc only. 10.2.1.1055+radio for ALL DEVICES!!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=873653

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:26 AM