Ever since few days ago, I have problems with sending SMS on my Z10.

Sometimes the messages in hub take too long to load, then I try to write it, the screen stays half-white (in the place where keyboard was) and sometimes they send, but most of the time the message disappears completly and I get "failed to save message".

This occured totally randomly few days ago, I didn't install or update any apps, and just keeps bugging me a lot now.

Restarting phone doesn't help. Latest official OS (10.3.1.2576), never installed unofficial OS.

How can the OS can have bug like this if it's intended to be a COMMUNICATION device, if I can't communicate? What the hell, BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 05:00 AM
    Standard Check List:

1) Hold Down, (Up & Down volume buttons) till phone switches Off.
    2) Ensure, you are connected to your ISP or Wi-Fi

3) if problem still persists, try reset to factory default and update to latest OS again.

I have owned and used maybe BlackBerry 10 devices and have never had any issue with what you are describing or anything else for that matter. This is obviously a rare case. Hope this helps in some way.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    05-03-15 06:06 AM
    Doesn't that reset delete my data tho? I don't want to lose text messages and stuff. :/

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 06:33 AM
    This has happened with me too. I have had a thread about this too

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 06:49 AM
    Doesn't that reset delete my data tho? I don't want to lose text messages and stuff. :/

Posted via CB10
    No, that won't delete your data. It's the equivalent of battery removal, a reset.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    05-03-15 07:04 AM
    This has happened with me too. I have had a thread about this too

Posted via CB10
    Did you solve it? Or it randomly stopped?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 08:27 AM
    I don't know if it's the same problem i have with my z10, but when i have a lot of text messages, it starts lagging. It takes a few more seconds to load up the conversation when i click on it and it takes 3 or 4 seconds to send a message. I just delete all my conversations and it is fixed. I don't know what to tell you if you don't want to delete them.
    05-03-15 08:40 AM
    Yeah, I don't consider deleting messages to be a solution, unless one can somehow export the messages as a backup in some computer/human readable format (xml, csv, json, etc.).

If the problem is caused by having a lot of messages, then I guess BB done goofed when designing the OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 04:39 AM
    I have been having the same problem that you describe since I had my Q10 in 2013 and it still happens on my passport. I click a text message and nothing loads. I click another message and it doesn't load either. I try to type something and its just blank. It's fustrating and it prevents me from answering back a text. People on here say it's a rare problem and to delete all my messages or do a clean install and that's unacceptable. I agree with u about this being a messaging phone... but, it's not if you can message. There's no fix. Turning the text message to black mode doesn't work and restarting the hub doesn't work. Only waiting works.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 09:15 PM
    Did you solve it? Or it randomly stopped?

Posted via CB10
    Well, I had this issue with a thread, then I deleted that thread. Now it's not an issue but I guess it'll be an issue again, soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:19 PM
    Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:41 PM
    I had this issue, and there is a thread for this. The explanation is that each conversation with the individual carries a certain amount of thread. When it reaches the capacity, you find you encounter lag.

I noticed that with the contact I had less dialogue with, no effect of lag was encountered. I solve the solution by deleting the conversation which had extremely long dialogue.

Yes, I agree it is an issue and should be looked into in future upgrade. Since, then I d not have a problem and it works quite alright.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 12:46 AM
    I had this issue, and there is a thread for this. The explanation is that each conversation with the individual carries a certain amount of thread. When it reaches the capacity, you find you encounter lag.

I noticed that with the contact I had less dialogue with, no effect of lag was encountered. I solve the solution by deleting the conversation which had extremely long dialogue.

Yes, I agree it is an issue and should be looked into in future upgrade. Since, then I d not have a problem and it works quite alright.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 01:34 AM
    I did find out how many messages I have, and it's like a little bit under 13000 text messages.

Why the hell can't communication device be built in mind with handling about 1000 text messages per month? :/

This is a serious flaw with BB10 imho.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 05:58 AM
    Thread freezes with around 2000 messages. 13000 is like, really a lot.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 07:59 AM
    Can't you start a new thread like after 1000 sms in a thread. Just like BBOS when it becomes too heavy I start a new thread (with the same person) and that solves the problem.
    But since BB 10 I seldom use text messaging.

SihZou Z10
    05-10-15 02:32 PM
    And at that time in BBOS I have like 23000 text sms in a thread.

SihZou Z10
    05-10-15 02:33 PM