Just started happening today.

I am on a Z30 on Wind Mobile.

Today text messages just started disappearing altogether before I can even read them.

They show up in my preview bar, but, when I click on it or let it disappear then go to check it in my hub, there is no message.

It's like I never even received one at all??

I just did a factory reset, hoping that would resolve the issue, but nope.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, how did you resolve it?

*side note* I am on stock OS 10.2.1.2102

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 09:19 PM
    Just started happening today.

I am on a Z30 on Wind Mobile.

Today text messages just started disappearing altogether before I can even read them.

They show up in my preview bar, but, when I click on it or let it disappear then go to check it in my hub, there is no message.

It's like I never even received one at all??

I just did a factory reset, hoping that would resolve the issue, but nope.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, how did you resolve it?

*side note* I am on stock OS 10.2.1.2102

Posted via CB10
    This happened to me after downloading an app. It was either "auto block" "profile changer pro" or "power tools"

I forgot which one it was. But if you have any app like that be aware if you delete it then you can't recover the texts. Go in the app and restore your texts first.

I had the same exact symptoms. Quick toast notification but the text wasn't there.

Maybe you installed something similar?

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    04-16-14 09:52 PM
    Hmmm...I have auto block.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Sent From My Monster Z30
    04-16-14 10:08 PM
    Hmmm...I have auto block.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Sent From My Monster Z30
    That's your problem. I didn't have time to figure it out because I was texting with someone. So I deleted it and everything was normal.

I was going crazy thinking I'd have to reinstall the OS until I remember I downloaded that app.

04-16-14 10:30 PM
    I had this happening to me yesterday. Device running OS 10.2.1.1809.

Apparently the culprit was Power Tools.

I have some rules in Power Tools to block selective SMS messages based on certain text strings, but it seems that it was triggering even on messages that did NOT contain those strings.

So I would see/hear the SMS notifications (generated by Power Tools), the toast popup (generated by the OS) and the text would appear momentarily in Hub (about 1-3 seconds), and then it would be deleted. The weirdest part was the deleted messages did not appear in the "Blocked log".

Quite bizarre and frustrating to see something appear momentarily and then disappear before your eyes, with no way to recover it.

When I closed Power Tools (using the active frame version here), this problem stopped.
    pkcable likes this.
    04-17-14 12:02 AM
    Yep sounds about right!!

In glad I was given the tip to check certain apps...

Good call

Sent From My Monster Z30
    04-17-14 12:43 AM
    I had this happening to me yesterday. Device running OS 10.2.1.1809.

Apparently the culprit was Power Tools.

I have some rules in Power Tools to block selective SMS messages based on certain text strings, but it seems that it was triggering even on messages that did NOT contain those strings.

So I would see/hear the SMS notifications (generated by Power Tools), the toast popup (generated by the OS) and the text would appear momentarily in Hub (about 1-3 seconds), and then it would be deleted. The weirdest part was the deleted messages did not appear in the "Blocked log".

Quite bizarre and frustrating to see something appear momentarily and then disappear before your eyes, with no way to recover it.

When I closed Power Tools (using the active frame version here), this problem stopped.
    I made the mistake of loading up on a lot of apps at once that could do the same things. That's why I want sure which of the apps to tell the OP. For all i know power tools was screwing me up too.

04-17-14 01:15 AM
    I made the mistake of loading up on a lot of apps at once that could do the same things. That's why I want sure which of the apps to tell the OP. For all i know power tools was screwing me up too.

I'm very diligent about not having multiple apps installed at the same time that try to perform similiar functions. (Especially on Hub - data there is just too valuable to risk a bunch of apps colliding trying to manipulate that data)

But I've tried, between my 2 devices, at least 4-5 different BB10 notification apps (one at a time), trying to find one that does what I want to do, and does it reliably.

Sadly - I'm still looking.
    04-17-14 01:55 AM
    Omni...I tried power tools, and a couple other LED apps...

Hub ++ I found to be the easiest and most reliable to use.

Sent From My Monster Z30
    04-17-14 07:31 AM
    Omni...I tried power tools, and a couple other LED apps...

Hub ++ I found to be the easiest and most reliable to use.

I was a fan of Hub++ for a long time, partly because of the product, partly because of the support.

But when he moved his codebase over to the headless version and stopped allowing people to install the non-headless version, the reliability went into the toilet.

As always, people have different experiences depending on their device configuration and how they use the app. But for me, the lack of reliability was a showstopper. I cannot afford to miss 3/4 of the things I use such an app to alert me to.

Oh, and it became a horrible battery-eater too. That certainly didn't help, and pushed me over the edge.
    04-17-14 03:24 PM
    I was a fan of Hub++ for a long time, partly because of the product, partly because of the support.

But when he moved his codebase over to the headless version and stopped allowing people to install the non-headless version, the reliability went into the toilet.

As always, people have different experiences depending on their device configuration and how they use the app. But for me, the lack of reliability was a showstopper. I cannot afford to miss 3/4 of the things I use such an app to alert me to.

Oh, and it became a horrible battery-eater too. That certainly didn't help, and pushed me over the edge.

What's funny is that you mention the battery.

Since re-installation of hub++ I too have noticed a hit of a faster battery drain.

What LED type app are you currently using? (if any)

Sent From My Monster Z30
    04-17-14 11:07 PM
    What LED type app are you currently using? (if any)
    Well I now have licenses to:
    • Hub++ (am in sandbox/beta group)
    • BeBuzz 10 Pro (am in sandbox/beta group)
    • Watcher
    • Power Tools

I currently have Power Tools on my "daily driver" (OS 10.2.0.1809, upgrading to 10.2.1 this weekend) and BeBuzz 10 Pro on my "experimental" device.

Power Tools was the last major notification app I had not personally tried. What made it useful to me in part was the fact that I could still install a NON-headless version on my 10.2.0 device. Because everyone's headless versions seem to have a bunch of reliability problems. But after I sent my first email to the Power Tools developer about the app, he basically blew me off with the excuse that it's no longer supported since "all carriers have 10.2.1 now". (Which was not true at the time, and is still not true - though the largest major holdout in North America - AT&T - finally did release 10.2.1 a couple of days ago.)

So when I update the OS on that device to 10.2.1, I might try BeBuzz 10 Pro on it for a while, even though it's not entirely stable either, according to various reports. Sadly, none of the apps provide all the functionality I want. Partly because BB10 is missing a lot of things that BBOS had that gave additional flexibility to 3rd-party notification apps.
    04-18-14 01:20 AM