I am having an issue with my Z10 where it takes a long time to load a conversation in the text messages app.

I think it's because it is trying to load the whole conversation from the beginning of time instead of the last say 20 messages.

It takes up to 5 seconds of white screen to load some days and is really getting annoying. Is anyone else having the same.issue and what is the fix if any?

Posted via CB10
    cnote221 likes this.
    09-27-13 12:07 AM
    Yep, common issue. The fix is a) Restart your device or b) Delete the chat for the person you're texting. It helps with the loading.

Stupid bug is stupid.
    09-27-13 12:15 AM
    I find it happens most often when I restart my device. If I have been using the chat during the day then usually no problem, except sometimes it takes a while for the keyboard to show up or for the entered text to display.

Thanks! Not alone... :-)

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 12:18 AM
    Kind of the same for a long BBM conversation. If you've been in and out of that chat all day, no problem. If it's one you haven't opened for a while, it takes a while.

Poor programming (I won't say once again) on BlackBerry's part: the last few messages should load and show crisply, while the rest loads in the background.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 07:02 AM
    I'm having the same issue. I've noticed its only with contacts I have a lot of messages with. Once I delete the messages/chat it doesn't happen anymore and messages load up instantly again. Anyone know of a way or opiton to delete messages after so long automatically? I think that would be the best fix.
    09-27-13 01:23 PM
    Another case of BlackBerry dropping the ball. Half the time I open a new text, I read it and automatically type, but for whatever reason it doesn't activate the text box. As soon as I hit 'T' I might as well walk away, it's gonna be a few minutes before BlackBerry finds the top of the chat so I can type a reply.

Stupid.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 05:14 PM
    My brother has come across this issue. I told him to delete his conversation and I believe it fixed the issue. It's unfortunate that it takes forever to load if the conversation reaches a certain length. I have a buddy who's an iPhone owner and he told me he has text message from 2010. How true that statement is I'm not sure as I didn't examine his phone; but he is trustworthy so I believe him. Although it may be true, I also didn't exam the length of the conversation so maybe he only texted the person 20 times a year. Probably a bad example since I'm not providing further prove/evidence but you get my point. If Blackberry go nail this on the head that no matter how long a conversation may be the user experiences no lag time in opening the conversation that would be great.
    09-27-13 05:45 PM
    That's the part I don't understand. An entire novel in plain text format can be what, one megabyte? So how can such a 'powerful' device like this have trouble opening 6 months of texting?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:33 AM
    That's the part I don't understand. An entire novel in plain text format can be what, one megabyte? So how can such a 'powerful' device like this have trouble opening 6 months of texting?

Posted via CB10
    That's because the text side of the hub isn't written in complete cascades.

From my observations, certain sediments of AIR are in play.

AIR still doesn't support multithreading.
    09-29-13 03:14 PM
    I have text history with my girlfriend since December 26 2012 and we text every day at least 10-20 times a day, took about 10 minutes to scroll all the way up and load. Whenever I restart my phone and open her texts it takes like 30 seconds to load the most recent stuff. It's annoying at times but thats the beauty of the multi tasking for bb, it loads while I'm reading crackberry or browsing Web so it's not too bad. It would be nice if it was instantaneous but oh well, you can't have it all. It would be interesting to see how 10 months of daily texts would load on other platforms. Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 03:12 AM
    Delete Facebook app, and the Hub works without any problem. I just installed facebook app again after one week without, now I have the same problem as you.. it loads the conversation thread slow sometimes..

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 09:38 AM
    Delete Facebook app, and the Hub works without any problem. I just installed facebook app again after one week without, now I have the same problem as you.. it loads the conversation thread slow sometimes..

Posted via CB10
    I don't have the Facebook application installed and it's still slow. That's the first thing I uninstalled when I got my phone.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    10-02-13 09:43 AM
    Every other phone let's you delete texts after X amount of days. So when a text is 8 days old it gets deleted. No idea why this isn't implemented.

Been a problem on bbos too, my bold 9000 would crash because all the texts would fill up the RAM.

Posted via Q10
    10-02-13 09:46 AM
    I find this to still happen this long after. My SMS conversations load up so slowly even on 10.3.1.2744. Black screen for easily a couple seconds before all messages show up, it's annoying they really need to optimize Text Messaging on BB10.
    05-20-15 03:13 PM
    I have text history with my girlfriend since December 26 2012 and we text every day at least 10-20 times a day, took about 10 minutes to scroll all the way up and load. Whenever I restart my phone and open her texts it takes like 30 seconds to load the most recent stuff. It's annoying at times but thats the beauty of the multi tasking for bb, it loads while I'm reading crackberry or browsing Web so it's not too bad. It would be nice if it was instantaneous but oh well, you can't have it all. It would be interesting to see how 10 months of daily texts would load on other platforms. Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    FYI 10.2.1 actually never had this problem. My friend is still on 10.2.1 and he exchanges 3000 messages per month with his GF without any issues and text messages load up pretty quick and I'm on 10.3.1 and with just around 2700 text messages in one single thread, that thread lags, freezes. It is obviously an OS issue and I don't know why it is so hard for everyone to understand. Sometimes I feel I was the only one who actually used 10.2.1 with careful observation or maybe people didn't have a GF during 10.2.1 days. I mean, this is a serious issue which needs to be addressed by BlackBerry quickly.

Posted via CB, using a Q5
    05-20-15 08:52 PM
    I'm having this same problem. Almost a 2 year old bug and it still isn't fixed? It is amazing to me that they can't fix such simple bugs in that long of a time frame.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 03:17 AM
    I don't use much texting in BB 10 but I text a lot while in legacy BBOS. When text message accumulated in the thread it takes a while to load. When it becomes heavy to load or takes time to load, instead of replying directly to a text message I create a new text message for the same person(it will continue the thread though) and it solves the problem. Say after 3000 more text message, if it takes time to load, just click on new text message and continue the thread. It works for me. Last I used the BBOS there was more than 23000 text message in a single thread and it works fine.

SihZou Z10
    06-14-15 04:09 AM
    Don't really text, but I used to receive a lot of text messages on my work phone which was an android and that thing was terrible as soon as I hit 2000 texts I had to delete them as it would take up to a minute to load, and just as long to open a new one.

Why Blackberry? Because I can!
    06-14-15 04:30 AM