Is there an app or work around to tether my plan to my tablet or desktop where the carrier is bow allowing it? I'm sure that's a bo beings root is not avail on a QNX system but worth asking...

Boo-Hoo, Catch

PS: I have cricket wireless.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 12:48 PM
    No the carriers can detect those apps that we once had for "workarounds"..... and no BB10 can't be rooted to allow access to those types of features.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-29-16 12:56 PM
    No the carriers can detect those apps that we once had for "workarounds"..... and no BB10 can't be rooted to allow access to those types of features.
    Yea I know no root but worth it as we have security, darn on no work arounds! Maybe swap carriers to somebody who offers me the option to use my PP to its full potential! Hah!...

Thanks for the swift response, Stephen

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 12:58 PM
    Yea I know no root but worth it as we have security, darn on no work arounds! Maybe swap carriers to somebody who offers me the option to use my PP to its full potential! Hah!...

Thanks for the swift response, Stephen

Posted via CB10
    Well anyone will let you do it... for a price. I was happy when work changed their plans and it now includes the hotspot ability. Use it a lot with my tablet and with my grandkids tablet.

Might just tell your carrier you are shopping around and want to know if they have a plan that includes it... Carriers that offer unlimited data don't seem to want to add this for free, but those with 2GB or 5GB plans seem happy to let you add this feature. Probable hoping you go over your limit.
    04-29-16 01:27 PM
    Well anyone will let you do it... for a price. I was happy when work changed their plans and it now includes the hotspot ability. Use it a lot with my tablet and with my grandkids tablet.

Might just tell your carrier you are shopping around and want to know if they have a plan that includes it... Carriers that offer unlimited data don't seem to want to add this for free, but those with 2GB or 5GB plans seem happy to let you add this feature. Probable hoping you go over your limit.
    I'm fairly sure cricket does not offer it AT ALL as in not even an add on when I looked...

Especially on there new unlimited data with no cap plan I nay hop over to...

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 01:32 PM
    I'm fairly sure cricket does not offer it AT ALL as in not even an add on when I looked...

Especially on there new unlimited data with no cap plan I nay hop over to...

Posted via CB10
    Missed the cricket part.... 1st line carriers are probably the only ones that will do it.
    04-29-16 02:05 PM