Over the weekend, I started testing a carrier here in Barbados and to do so, a friend loan me an Android phone. It is running Android 4.4.2. The phone was purchase either late last year or this year no clue and wasn't totaly interested. I also had a chance to play around with the phones on display. Here is my conclusion:

BB had destroyed itself. Using my Z30 for a few years now with the latest leak OS, it is far either to use and doing stuff just make sense. To me using an Android is dumbing a person down. Just basic stuff to do is a pain,. To swipe to close apps down and to know its not running is hard. Whatr a beast BB10 was and not developed

How could BB now trying to take Android and make it better when it had a fantastic OS with Security built in. There should have spent more time marketing the security side and developing apps or properly porting apps.

BB had lost it focus and has killed itself or slowly poisoning itself.

I am sorry I cannot write more and have seen many post like this and just had to add my own. Been using a BB since 2006. Its sad to see after BB10, what is my next option. I just dont know what to do. I going to try to get a Z10 to run this carrier because android is just too backward. Its for kids. It is not a serious phone for people who want a serious phone. Maybe there should opensource BB10 or QNX and allow greater development.

Now with major proper apps that work like Blend are going, there have done a serious injustice to BB10. Feels more like treason and should be held accountable.

I have standby and see wonderful, fantastic, extraordinary feedback and advice that was just not taken. To me, BB must failed and is designed to do so. BB is name that is distasteful even in business. I dont know if there can ever come back. Right now it doesn't seem there are even interested in this.
    08-08-16 07:30 PM
    OK

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-08-16 08:15 PM
    First try android on M it's better
    08-08-16 08:17 PM
    I understand what you are saying. We were certainly spoiled using BB10, and now, as BlackBerry transitions us to Android, most of us are more appreciative of what BB10 was, and wonder what it may have become.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-16 08:26 PM
    I'm a fan of the BlackBerry Priv and have retired my Passport but picking it up and using it, the OP is right. Bb10 has been done wrong. It's a great communications platform even today. A lot of thought went into the OS and though the reasons for trying to bring android to bb10 are well documented, I sort of wish they'd left well enough alone. For the last decade BlackBerry has been in this retardation zone where it just doesnt seem to know what it is and how to market to anyone other than governments and big corporations. Consumer and prosumer had to work too hard to figure out what to do.

If I lived in Barbados I'd probably spend a lot less time staring at my phone, too, and would prefer bb10.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    08-08-16 09:00 PM
    Hello:

It seems mostly new entrees into the company with no real culture or focus except to disregard a critical development. Now I am seeing a great effort to BB'rised Android. So backward and dumb.

This is a call to the BB/QNX developers who is no longer at BB. Create a similar product that can be load on any high-end phone. I will pay for that subscription!
    08-10-16 06:04 PM
    They could probably buy bb10 with lunch money.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    08-10-16 06:14 PM
    Also agree with BB10 superiority as an OS, but I had a Palm Pre and loved that as well...unfortunately we are outnumbered by Apple and Android lovers, big money marketing power and everybody's need for so many silly apps like Pokemon...we now must eventually conform to either Android or Apple...God I am going to hate that day when it comes for me. At least Blackberry will help ease the transition to Android...I just need the right device to come along...Argon is sounding promising

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 11:27 PM
    First try android on M it's better
    I have.. and I don't think it is better. Only today I returned my Android device as the UI was dismal and the overall need for an App for almost everything is just not for me!

I too agree with the OP. BB10 was a great OS that not even BlackBerry realise!

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    08-11-16 09:30 AM
    Also agree with BB10 superiority as an OS, but I had a Palm Pre and loved that as well...unfortunately we are outnumbered by Apple and Android lovers, big money marketing power and everybody's need for so many silly apps like Pokemon...we now must eventually conform to either Android or Apple...God I am going to hate that day when it comes for me. At least Blackberry will help ease the transition to Android...I just need the right device to come along...Argon is sounding promising

Posted via CB10
    I too am dreading the day when BB10 stops working. I've seen and tried the rest, and I'm NOT interested to say the least!

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    08-11-16 09:31 AM
    I know the feeling. May just revert to a simple phone.
    08-21-16 12:21 AM