BB Suspends Update
    Attached Thumbnails Telus and BlackBerry Suspension 10.3.1.1581-img_20150306_160439.jpg  
    Last edited by campbecw; 03-06-15 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Sorry. I thought hte picture had personal info. It doesn,t so it can stay :D Thanks
    03-06-15 06:05 PM
    Yet, still on the servers for download for Passport and Z30.
    03-06-15 08:04 PM
    Yet, still on the servers for download for Passport and Z30.
    that's because it's only suspended for the lower spec'd devices (Z10, Q10)
    BlackBerry halts latest software update on older devices due to performance issues | MobileSyrup.com
    03-06-15 11:23 PM
    BlackBerry halts latest software update on older devices due to performance issues | MobileSyrup.com
    You'd think they would have pulled it for the Passport because of screen flicker.

My wife's Z10 seems to run 10.3.1 without issue.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    03-06-15 11:57 PM
    Lucky me .. my Z10 works fine after up date. The Battery was fantastic for a short while but has settled in to be a solid improvement of around 15 to 20% longer lasting.
    03-07-15 06:43 PM
    Hahaha. I'm sorry. It's getting laughable anymore.

Let's dump hardware and go software and services. Of which they can't seem to do!

They lost talent and cut to deep. It shows.

The more things change the more they stay the same. BlackBerry OS and launch executions are still plagued with self inflicted head wounds.

BlackBerry hates America!
    03-07-15 07:59 PM
    Lucky me .. my Z10 works fine after up date. The Battery was fantastic for a short while but has settled in to be a solid improvement of around 15 to 20% longer lasting.
    Works fine on my old Z10 too. Strange.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.1.2480 / Telus
    03-07-15 08:09 PM
    Hahaha. I'm sorry. It's getting laughable anymore.

Let's dump hardware and go software and services. Of which they can't seem to do!

They lost talent and cut to deep. It shows.

The more things change the more they stay the same. BlackBerry OS and launch executions are still plagued with self inflicted head wounds.

BlackBerry hates America!
    It's a really good point to make. If you're gonna sell yourself as a software company, then you better make impeccable software. BBM needs improvements. Docs to Go needs VAST improvements. Etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 08:41 PM
    Despite the misconceptions of 10.3 requiring higher specs to run it, my Z10 treats it like a piece of cake. The 10.3.1.1581 was built for the Z10.
    03-07-15 11:30 PM
    Despite the misconceptions of 10.3 requiring higher specs to run it, my Z10 treats it like a piece of cake. The 10.3.1.1581 was built for the Z10.
    That doesn't change the fact that they suspended the update for those lower spec'd devices

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 12:08 AM
    If you don't mind UI lags and long list of OS bugs, then yes - it works on Z10, sort of.
    03-08-15 12:31 AM
    I honestly don't understand any of this.

The low notifications is annoying. And I'm sure there are odd bugs that crop up when updating, like contact, calendar and other user data being built into a new OS.

I did have the screen flicker on the leaks. But honestly wasn't a huge issue. You just needed to end the process and re-open it to get it work. I had suspicions this was from the light meter sensor acting up. I don't use the advanced actions though. I like my phone to be practicable. Which I why I like buttons and a simple and streamlined OS. Which is basically what blackberry is. I don't like having to do weird sign language with phone or wave it around like a wizard to lock it or silence a message.

Anyways.... I'm really surprise this update has been such a farce. I just don't see it. And I have so much trouble believing so many people problems with it.

My GF and my good friend have a z10 and z30 and aren't very technical. But they get the sideloads and do everything they need to without too much trouble.

I put 10.3.1 on their phones and they haven't had any issues at all.

Are there really that many problems???

Passport | Fido
    Elite1 and jds97w like this.
    03-08-15 12:37 AM
    Are there really that many problems???
    Keep in mind that non tech savvy users don't know what to look for. There are confirmed bugs in the OS update, many are present from very first leaks to the official release, mentioned many times here on CB and never fixed by BlackBerry.
    03-08-15 12:54 AM
    That doesn't change the fact that they suspended the update for those lower spec'd devices

Posted via CB10
    That does not change the misconception either.
    03-08-15 01:53 AM
    If you don't mind UI lags and long list of OS bugs, then yes - it works on Z10, sort of.
    What are you suggesting, that my Z10 has a long list of bugs and the UI lags as well.
    03-08-15 01:56 AM
    Maybe Chen is trying to kill blackberry? His arrival seems to have coincided with lots of changes that make me have less confidence that blackberry is going to continue to be the platform that works best for me. I would have never said that before Chen arrived. People make fun of me all the time by calling me a blackberry fanboy because I love the devices so much and never shut up about them. I am one of the most dedicated blackberry users you will ever meet. I am their core user base. If they are moving away from me, Wtf are they doing?

Posted via CB10
    4harp, Meshdow and crackberry_geek like this.
    03-08-15 04:17 AM
    Automatic update for classic this morning, we shall see what it does to the Koodo network. Bought mine cash from bell and paid for full GSM unlock. Does anyone have the classic unlocked with new update who wishes to share issues?
    03-08-15 07:20 AM
    What are you suggesting, that my Z10 has a long list of bugs and the UI lags as well.
    Same like everyone else with Z10. Your OS version is no different. Good for you if you're happy with what you see.
    03-08-15 08:39 AM
    Same like everyone else with Z10. Your OS version is no different. Good for you if you're happy with what you see.
    So what are you seeing that I am not? I suspect that for some reason not all of the Z10's are the same. Perhaps they made some changes to correct a defect during the production run. For example my battery life is somewhat better and yet others report poorer battery life.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:13 AM
    Maybe Chen is trying to kill blackberry? His arrival seems to have coincided with lots of changes that make me have less confidence that blackberry is going to continue to be the platform that works best for me. I would have never said that before Chen arrived. People make fun of me all the time by calling me a blackberry fanboy because I love the devices so much and never shut up about them. I am one of the most dedicated blackberry users you will ever meet. I am their core user base. If they are moving away from me, Wtf are they doing?

Posted via CB10
    Please explain how they are moving away from you?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:15 AM
    I have a Z10, Q 10 and Z 30 all which received official Ota update. Battery use was high at first but it settled down. No lags,freezing, or black screens. All apps used seem to run faster, smoother and android is more stable. What I have noticed is a delay when answering some calls on Z30. The screen also seems sharper and definitely brighter on Z30 also. Love 10.3.1.1581. Very pleased to have dodged a bullet

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Heins was more into killing BlackBerry, given the lucrative terms of his severance package. It seems that Chen understands that the greatest growth is software on other platforms, so he has chosen to concentrate his resources there. As much as I am a BlackBerry fanboy, it is unrealistic to think that BlackBerry can rapidly increase their hardware market share by an order of magnitude in a short time, given the horrible bias by the media over the last few years. I do believe they can over a longer time frame, but the joys of a publicly traded company is that you are beholden to the quarterly report.

When BBM first went cross platform, it retained the BB10 look and feel, perhaps as a means of driving BB10 hardware sales. Now BBM for iPhone is being redone to match the iOS UI; don't remember if the Android version is following Material Design.

I also want them not to forget their core user base because I also consider myself to be part of this group, as a prosumer now and enterprise shortly. The Passport and Classic leaves me confident that the hardware division has not forgotten, but I'm not so sure about the software division.

03-08-15 11:35 AM
    I would repeat the same stuff.

If they would have put all the resources on BlackBerry 10 OS instead of this crap cross platform BlackBerry apps except the BBM and money into building partnership for apps and IOT, it would have been way way better for the company.

P.S I didn't mean BES by the way.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 11:47 AM
    Please explain how they are moving away from you?

Posted via CB10
    It seems as if they are moving away from making the devices that the decision makers at a company want and moving towards making the devices that the decision makers want for their fleet. They are ignoring the fact that pretty much everyone is byod these days and issues a cellphone allowance. I get that bes is critical to their success and that the fleet model with bes is their north star but if the simple fact of the matter is that fleets are disappearing not growing. If BlackBerry wants to serve the enterprise they really need to go with Hein's vision of a prosumer product. That means high end touch. That means not laying off all your native os developers, consequently causing OS releases that are horribly bug filled and new feature development into dormancy just so that you can replace them with android and ios developers to port the blackberry experience over to those other operating systems. It means not taking the blackberry ui style away to replace it with something more reminiscent of ios.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 11:54 AM
    Heins was more into killing BlackBerry, given the lucrative terms of his severance package. It seems that Chen understands that the greatest growth is software on other platforms, so he has chosen to concentrate his resources there. As much as I am a BlackBerry fanboy, it is unrealistic to think that BlackBerry can rapidly increase their hardware market share by an order of magnitude in a short time, given the horrible bias by the media over the last few years. I do believe they can over a longer time frame, but the joys of a publicly traded company is that you are beholden to the quarterly report.

When BBM first went cross platform, it retained the BB10 look and feel, perhaps as a means of driving BB10 hardware sales. Now BBM for iPhone is being redone to match the iOS UI; don't remember if the Android version is following Material Design.

I also want them not to forget their core user base because I also consider myself to be part of this group, as a prosumer now and enterprise shortly. The Passport and Classic leaves me confident that the hardware division has not forgotten, but I'm not so sure about the software division.

Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 11:55 AM
45 12