The human race is still working on the difference between your and you're
    elibohnert likes this.
    02-01-13 08:52 PM
    was that a put down? Because I used your properly...
    02-01-13 09:14 PM
    As long as there is awareness not matter if it is negative or positive it is good for BlackBerry. I really am so excited for 2013 and I can wait to see what the next release has in store for BB10!!
    HKain7 likes this.
    02-01-13 09:18 PM
    BlackBerry 10 just needs Snapchat, Instagram (coming soon), and Temple Run 2 and a few other apps and most teens would flock. iMessage is really nice but at the same time it's not even close as usable as text when your not on 3G or are in a low service area.
    02-01-13 09:28 PM
    Hi,

I'm a senior in high school ( 12th Grade ) and while I was walking around the halls heading to my class I over heard some one say
    " Hey, have you see the new BlackBerrys Kain (which is me) is showing everyone?"
    and then the other guy responded " Yeah, i'm gonna get it and hopefully every one will too, I miss the BBM days"

Later on I had that kid in a class and he came up to me and asked whats new in BB10 and everything, I explained to him BBM Video, BBM Voice, the whole BBM overhaul, and the availability/ future availability of the top name apps. He was stoked and said he can't wait to get it, we live in the US so I told him when they will be available here he said he couldn't wait because that is when his contract is up.

Day by day i'm hearing a lot of people actually talk about BB10 here in school and that actually makes me happy that people are informed about the new platform and devices and by the time they hit here the momentum will be built up and people will head out and buy them.

Everybody I know is bored from iOS and don't want to deal with the instability of Android.

Knowing how something spreads in high school (Popular girl gets a phone, other girls want it, then the guys get it to follow the girls) I have very high hopes for BB10 and teenagers.

I will be heading to Windsor on Tuesday to grab mine as I cant wait hopefully ill show off the features and people will want the phone.
    The same thing's going on at my school! I've converted about 500 students from bb haters to optimistic and future bb10 buyers. The majority of them are considering getting the phones within a few weeks to a month. I'm really excited This is in the Greater Toronto Area
    PestPro#IM likes this.
    02-01-13 09:30 PM
    kids these days...why I remember when i was in school, we had to send messages using telegrams and letters and I had to walk to school five miles...uphill.....in snow.....in my summer clothes
    BergerKing and el_excelsior like this.
    02-01-13 09:41 PM
    Wish conversations were like that at my school, but I've come to the conclusion that the average teenager is stupid... listen to what I hear everyday.. word for word.... "Hey Julia, you still have that old android?" "Yea, I think I'm going to keep it, theres no good phones out yet.." "Sooo your waiting for BB10" "No! I dont want a BlackBerry, THEY SUCK!, what does it look like anyways" "Oh well, they're not going to have a keyboard version of it, and it looks like a crappy samsung/iphone" WHY MUST THE HUMAN RACE BE SOOOO... idiotic...honestly, it took me 6 months to talk my best friend into thinking BB10 WIILLLL succeed and will be better than the IPhone5.. it took me that same amount of time to explain that he doesn't have angry birds on his curve, yet its on the playbook...
    There are also students like that in my school, what I've learned to do is just let them say whatever they want and they'll eventually come back saying they were kidding.
    02-01-13 09:53 PM
    I am not as young as many of you here. I am in my mid (to late) 30's but my wife and I were at a coffee place on the University campus in my city and I overheard 3 different conversations about BB10 and the new phones. Most of the interest was for the Q10. Looking at the tables there was a good mix of Android and iOS devices being used (sorry no Window's phones). I think it is exciting to be out and hearing people talk about and be interested in Blackberry again. I hope they succeed.

Thought I would just share that. Thanks
    02-01-13 09:54 PM
    The same thing's going on at my school! I've converted about 500 students from bb haters to optimistic and future bb10 buyers. The majority of them are considering getting the phones within a few weeks to a month. I'm really excited This is in the Greater Toronto Area
    Great work man! All the people that I work and talk to on a daily basis are getting the devices when they get the chance! And I always try to convert non believers into BlackBerry people, and oh has the Time Shift camera help me do that.
    02-01-13 09:55 PM
    We consumers are fickle, but we follow whats new and innovative. Android and iOS are pretty much the same as they have been, I can't believe anyone actually cares about the next galaxy or iphone since they've been pretty much unchanged for the past couple years. BB10 looks great now and I have a feeling its only going to get better. Great post OP! I converted a lot of people to iphone a few years ago and I'm sure I'll do the same with BB10 once I get mine.
    HKain7 likes this.
    02-01-13 10:15 PM
    Doesn't WhatsApp do most of what BBM does, except for video/voice chat? Plus it is cross-platform? Are the kids using that?
    02-01-13 10:17 PM
    On iOS it is a paid app and most kids won't pay for a app like that.
    02-01-13 10:24 PM
    We consumers are fickle, but we follow whats new and innovative. Android and iOS are pretty much the same as they have been, I can't believe anyone actually cares about the next galaxy or iphone since they've been pretty much unchanged for the past couple years. BB10 looks great now and I have a feeling its only going to get better. Great post OP! I converted a lot of people to iphone a few years ago and I'm sure I'll do the same with BB10 once I get mine.
    Thank you. Hopefully you will, good luck man.
    el_excelsior likes this.
    02-01-13 11:00 PM
    HKain7: Are you in Dearborn or some place in Michigan?
    02-01-13 11:21 PM
    HKain7: Are you in Dearborn or some place in Michigan?
    Yes, Dearborn Michigan
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 11:22 PM
    Doesn't WhatsApp do most of what BBM does, except for video/voice chat? Plus it is cross-platform? Are the kids using that?
    The down side of whatsapp is the ID is tied to your phone number - with BBM you can give people a way of contacting you without being able to call you

I think BBM groups (not that I know much about BBM) is significantly more useful than whatsapp group messaging so far.
    02-01-13 11:26 PM
    kids these days...why I remember when i was in school, we had to send messages using telegrams and letters and I had to walk to school five miles...uphill.....in snow.....in my summer clothes
    I remember when tablets were made of STONE and you chiseled text into it!
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 11:55 PM
    I remember when tablets were made of STONE and you chiseled text into it!
    Same here! I went to chiseling lessons with Moses.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-02-13 12:26 AM
    Same here! I went to chiseling lessons with Moses.
    I taught Moses!
    02-02-13 12:52 AM
    In Toronto tons of teens/young adults use BBM. i have 300 contacts myself.
    02-02-13 01:39 AM
    This is good to hear, I work in the bar industry and the buzz is still "blackberry is a dying company you're a dummy for wanting their device, you should get an iPhone." I'm hoping a bunch of other managers and owners and servers see me using mine and it interests them enough to say, hey let me take a look.
    PestPro#IM likes this.
    02-02-13 01:48 AM
    Why are teenagers interested in BBM? I've seen them talking about it sometimes myself but what does it give over SMS (or iMessage) for them?
    Not every kid is allowed an unlimited text plan. And you know young folks love sending messages. And when you're part of a group of people, you can keep everyone in the loop at the same time.
    HKain7 likes this.
    02-02-13 01:58 AM
    Now you know it was up hill both ways...

Last edited by BergerKing; 02-02-13 at 02:33 AM.
    HKain7 and megajo123 like this.
    02-02-13 02:02 AM
48 12