Can someone please explain in lamens terms exactly what QNX and Cascades are and how they work. The reason I ask is so when my friends with Android or Apple phones ask me what makes BB10 better or different I can give the a reasonably informed answere. I've used smart phone for many years but don't know the inner workings of them,,,,thanks for any help.
- 01-29-2013, 02:58 PM #2
QNX is the OS, it has been around for over 30 years, it is used in routers, space station/shuttles, nuclear power plants, military jets and has been used use in multiple car manufactures for years. Its a micro-kernel compared to the monolithic-kernel that is used by iPhone, Android, and Windows, which means that they will be able to make changes to the OS and put it out faster then others, there is a lot more to QNX then that.
Cascades is the UI frame-work that RIM got when they bought TAT. Cascades is built on Qt. It makes to easy to build a UI for an app. I personally had not heard or Cascades or Qt before RIM bought TAT, but I find to extremely easy to build a UI for app that i am working on.
- CrackBerry Genius
01-29-2013, 03:02 PM #3
- 3,862 Posts
- By tmag2005 in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 4Last Post: 03-03-2009, 05:30 AM
- By jon_snow in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 6Last Post: 02-23-2009, 05:04 AM
- By randymeyskens in forum IntroductionsReplies: 4Last Post: 10-28-2008, 03:03 PM
- By pinkdaisy226 in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 6Last Post: 10-17-2007, 09:28 PM
- By pinkdaisy226 in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 10Last Post: 04-11-2007, 06:22 PM