- CrackBerry User
- 92 Posts
tech guys thinks BB10 Is Goin to be The worlds Best Smartphone
Video Description:skip to 8:17 to hear about BB10
Well, Adam finally got his replacement for dropping his Galaxy S3 in the toilet, the LG, but is it better? Is it worse? Does it do what he needs? Then Adam turns the interview table around, he asks ME a question on soon to be announced BB10. I was invited by the CEO of RIM to see a demo at RIM's Head Office in Waterloo Ontario. I was there and I saw what will be the worlds BEST handheld device. My predictions, Feb 2013 RIM will be #1 AGAIN! Yes I'm bias, but this is on reality not emotion.
He's Even Waiting For BB10 Hes not looking at another smartphone #BB10 Love BB10 All The way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by T-Raww; 12-18-12 at 06:55 PM.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-18-12, 07:20 PM #5
- 109 Posts
God I'm pumped for BB10 and the new phones. Everything I'm hearing sounds like they have hit the ball out of the park. It's very cool to hear that the on-screen keyboard is just as good as a physical keyboard. Never thought I would say it but I can't wait to get rid of my 9700!!
- 12-19-12, 10:39 AM #10
Re: tech guys thinks BB10 Is Goin to be The worlds Best Smartphone
I think we're setting ourselves up for disappointment by setting such high expectations. I'm going to go with expecting a pleasant surprise.
- 12-19-12, 11:20 AM #11
If you want to skip a lot of non-BB10 chatter, jump to around 9:00 or so...
- 12-19-12, 04:35 PM #12
I don't remember the guy saying that BB10 is going to be the world's best phone and the RIM guys will always say that BB10 will "knock your socks off".
My ears did ***** up though when he said that there is more to BB10 than we have seen so far and that there could be more to be revealed at launch. The more that I cut through the hype about BB10, the more I am convinced that BB10 will be something special.
With the button less approaches of BB10 and that new LG in the vid, Apple are going to have to think long and hard about the future of the home button on their iPhones. It is starting to look like a feature of yesterday's phone.
- 12-19-12, 05:21 PM #13
tech guys thinks BB10 Is Goin to be The worlds Best Smartphone
In the meantime.... I am just holding on to my socks from being knocked off...
Can't wait for bb10 now.... It just seems so far away...
Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
- 12-19-12, 05:28 PM #14
I remember many years back I used to try many diff combo's of home speakers, read the reviews and bought them, was never really impressed. Then one day I met an Englishman who sold me on a pair of Klipsh Cornwalls, saying "they would knock my socks off",well let me tell you, they did that and more. It's not often you hear that term, from my perspective he is talking straight up.
- 12-19-12, 06:01 PM #16
there is alot that is in the current java OS that we havent seen. I havent seen in depth the notification/profiles that can be set up (i might have missed this if its out there). I would guess there is alot of things we take for granted that we know will be there but hasnt been demoed. I am still waiting to see the new maps and such, this is a key app for me as i use google maps almost daily looking at things. i want to see the file structure and hope to he** they fixed it from the awful playbook setup. I know people with dev alphas can probably answer some of these things but its still stuff RIM will get/need to demo at launch.~Matt
- 12-19-12, 06:12 PM #179105>8520>8530>9930>Playbook(Wifi)/Z10/Waiting On Another..
Official AND Only Knight Of The Peevilicious Crew.
Everything I Post, You can Thank Peeves, If I Mess Up, Blame Wayne.
- CrackBerry Addict
12-20-12, 07:56 AM #19
- 504 Posts
I hope they will release innovative apps related to their roots: communication, productivity and business.
What about a native app to scan business cards and add them to the contacts? Or some kind of text recognition to snap a pic of a document and then save it directly as a .doc/docx format?
What about a native pdf creator (print to go on the Playbook anyone) that more to create and transfer pdf from the PC to the device offer the possibility to create pdf from and the phone?
Also I hope to see improvement of the actual BB7.1 apps that still are best in the class. Some examples:
1. Memopad/Task Manager. I expect total integration with the BBHub to move seamlessly between contacts, email and things to do related to that particular contact
2. Password keeper. It is actually the only program i trust to save some of my passwords. I would love new functionality to store also credit card numbers, reward cards and so on..
3. BlackBerry Travel. This is by far one of the apps that keeps me loyal to blackberry. If you fly around the world with an average of one flight per week as me this app is fundamental, reminding you what airplane and when, possible delays, rental cars and hotels...
4. BlackBerry Bridge. Few if nothing has been revealed about this app. It is already amazing but due to the core structure of QNX, that can natively manage multiple cores/systems (see the QNX Porsche car concept) will be even better on BB10. I expect multiple devices to become one seamless "super device" where you can open/share/modify/use every file from every folder in any device from the other one(s). For instance you can already streams one song from BB7 to the Playbook. QNX will stream easily HD movies, song and so on via WiFi or Bluetooth 4.0..
Ah.. one more thing.. we already know that other awesome apps such as pic and movie editors will be there at launch, with TAT being heavily involved in the coding... even if not strictly business they are really important for BB10 success and I am sure they will not disappoint.
I was almost forgetting... QNX on the playbook is already one of the best platform where developing games.....
Core business functionality to the extent of a laptop (the real mobile computing experience) + on par or better experience with apps and games that you can have on other brands. Everything in a secure environment. The best of two words together.. not anymore needs to carry two phone simultaneously..
WHY IS NOT ALREADY JANUARY THE 30th????
- 12-20-12, 11:26 AM #21
- By O_T16 in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 5Last Post: 04-03-12, 06:30 AM
- By O_T16 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 04-03-12, 06:30 AM
- By Kamika007z in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: 04-02-09, 12:04 PM
- By Slovak in forum Other US CarriersReplies: 4Last Post: 11-28-08, 02:19 PM
- By eripmu in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-17-08, 09:38 PM