Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree24Likes
  • 12 Post By T-Raww
  • 2 Post By sf49ers
  • 1 Post By dynot
  • 1 Post By aha
  • 1 Post By Dapper37
  • 1 Post By sf49ers
  • 1 Post By T-Raww
  • 2 Post By snaqvi91
  • 3 Post By DavideaNY
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    288beaf3
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default tech guys thinks BB10 Is Goin to be The worlds Best Smartphone

Video Description:skip to 8:17 to hear about BB10
    Well, Adam finally got his replacement for dropping his Galaxy S3 in the toilet, the LG, but is it better? Is it worse? Does it do what he needs? Then Adam turns the interview table around, he asks ME a question on soon to be announced BB10. I was invited by the CEO of RIM to see a demo at RIM's Head Office in Waterloo Ontario. I was there and I saw what will be the worlds BEST handheld device. My predictions, Feb 2013 RIM will be #1 AGAIN! Yes I'm bias, but this is on reality not emotion.

He's Even Waiting For BB10 Hes not looking at another smartphone #BB10 Love BB10 All The way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by T-Raww; 12-18-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    Thanked by 7:
    19GhostRider71 (12-20-2012),  bluetroll (12-19-2012),  DJM626 (12-18-2012),  Jince (12-18-2012),  Knightcrawler (12-18-2012),  sf49ers (12-18-2012),  TomJasper (12-19-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

wow wow ..front page material.. deserving post editors
    Knightcrawler and T-Raww like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    708 Global Posts

wow...those are some large claims.

What excites me though is, im really inclined to believe him,
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts

Cool feature that web search from the calendar. Wonder if that could be done from anywhere. For example, contacts or email.

I just hope Adam is not pumping up BB10 and that it is an honest assessment.
    TomJasper likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

God I'm pumped for BB10 and the new phones. Everything I'm hearing sounds like they have hit the ball out of the park. It's very cool to hear that the on-screen keyboard is just as good as a physical keyboard. Never thought I would say it but I can't wait to get rid of my 9700!!
  6. aha
    CrackBerry Genius

Can I say this: I like these two guys.
    T-Raww likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Loving the way things are unfolding!!
    T-Raww likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

after hearing this..I am pulling my hair what could be more in BB10 that could blow my socks off..could it be BBM video, peripherals, cinnamon toast..what is it guyz? my mind is boggling
    T-Raww likes this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    288beaf3
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

i feel the same way you feel and its things we cant possibly imagine thats y its gonna blow our minds cant wait to get BB10
    sf49ers likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts

Default Re: tech guys thinks BB10 Is Goin to be The worlds Best Smartphone

I think we're setting ourselves up for disappointment by setting such high expectations. I'm going to go with expecting a pleasant surprise.
    redk and harshalbid271 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

If you want to skip a lot of non-BB10 chatter, jump to around 9:00 or so...
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts

I don't remember the guy saying that BB10 is going to be the world's best phone and the RIM guys will always say that BB10 will "knock your socks off".
    My ears did ***** up though when he said that there is more to BB10 than we have seen so far and that there could be more to be revealed at launch. The more that I cut through the hype about BB10, the more I am convinced that BB10 will be something special.
    With the button less approaches of BB10 and that new LG in the vid, Apple are going to have to think long and hard about the future of the home button on their iPhones. It is starting to look like a feature of yesterday's phone.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C80862

In the meantime.... I am just holding on to my socks from being knocked off...

Can't wait for bb10 now.... It just seems so far away...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts

I remember many years back I used to try many diff combo's of home speakers, read the reviews and bought them, was never really impressed. Then one day I met an Englishman who sold me on a pair of Klipsh Cornwalls, saying "they would knock my socks off",well let me tell you, they did that and more. It's not often you hear that term, from my perspective he is talking straight up.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,024 Global Posts

I love the mention of "umpteen" things to be shown yet. I wonder what they could possibly have in store to show us.

there is alot that is in the current java OS that we havent seen. I havent seen in depth the notification/profiles that can be set up (i might have missed this if its out there). I would guess there is alot of things we take for granted that we know will be there but hasnt been demoed. I am still waiting to see the new maps and such, this is a key app for me as i use google maps almost daily looking at things. i want to see the file structure and hope to he** they fixed it from the awful playbook setup. I know people with dev alphas can probably answer some of these things but its still stuff RIM will get/need to demo at launch.
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by sf49ers View Post
    after hearing this..I am pulling my hair what could be more in BB10 that could blow my socks off..could it be BBM video, peripherals, cinnamon toast..what is it guyz? my mind is boggling
    Well BBM VIDEO is already confirmed soo...it gotta be pretty freaking awesome to have more than that.
    9105>8520>8530>9930>Playbook(Wifi)/Z10/Waiting On Another..

Official AND Only Knight Of The Peevilicious Crew.
    Everything I Post, You can Thank Peeves, If I Mess Up, Blame Wayne.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts

Default Re: tech guys thinks BB10 Is Goin to be The worlds Best Smartphone

Quote Originally Posted by SirJes View Post
    Well BBM VIDEO is already confirmed soo...it gotta be pretty freaking awesome to have more than that.
    And something similar is already on iOS so it won't be new.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I hope they will release innovative apps related to their roots: communication, productivity and business.
    What about a native app to scan business cards and add them to the contacts? Or some kind of text recognition to snap a pic of a document and then save it directly as a .doc/docx format?
    What about a native pdf creator (print to go on the Playbook anyone) that more to create and transfer pdf from the PC to the device offer the possibility to create pdf from and the phone?

Also I hope to see improvement of the actual BB7.1 apps that still are best in the class. Some examples:
    1. Memopad/Task Manager. I expect total integration with the BBHub to move seamlessly between contacts, email and things to do related to that particular contact
    2. Password keeper. It is actually the only program i trust to save some of my passwords. I would love new functionality to store also credit card numbers, reward cards and so on..
    3. BlackBerry Travel. This is by far one of the apps that keeps me loyal to blackberry. If you fly around the world with an average of one flight per week as me this app is fundamental, reminding you what airplane and when, possible delays, rental cars and hotels...
    4. BlackBerry Bridge. Few if nothing has been revealed about this app. It is already amazing but due to the core structure of QNX, that can natively manage multiple cores/systems (see the QNX Porsche car concept) will be even better on BB10. I expect multiple devices to become one seamless "super device" where you can open/share/modify/use every file from every folder in any device from the other one(s). For instance you can already streams one song from BB7 to the Playbook. QNX will stream easily HD movies, song and so on via WiFi or Bluetooth 4.0..

Ah.. one more thing.. we already know that other awesome apps such as pic and movie editors will be there at launch, with TAT being heavily involved in the coding... even if not strictly business they are really important for BB10 success and I am sure they will not disappoint.

I was almost forgetting... QNX on the playbook is already one of the best platform where developing games.....

Core business functionality to the extent of a laptop (the real mobile computing experience) + on par or better experience with apps and games that you can have on other brands. Everything in a secure environment. The best of two words together.. not anymore needs to carry two phone simultaneously..
    WHY IS NOT ALREADY JANUARY THE 30th????
    Thanked by:
    T-Raww (01-01-2013) 
    mamasan47, Anon_M_Lee and T-Raww like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by snaqvi91 View Post
    And something similar is already on iOS so it won't be new.
    yes, but face time is not integrated with iMessage. BBM, will be a one stop native IM shop
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snaqvi91 View Post
    I think we're setting ourselves up for disappointment by setting such high expectations. I'm going to go with expecting a pleasant surprise.
    Me to. I am just waiting and seeing how the 2013 smartphone os layout goes. iOS is "eh" to me now, android is ok but still fragmented to ****, and windows phone is doing well (always liked the os) but waiting to see how it develops when windows phone 8 stabilizes. IF BB10 does well, then the whole smartphone landscape will change drastically. Here to waiting and seeing but again I am not going to hype myself up, I did that on the playbook and was disappointed but I am hopeful the new RIM will do better, unless we all die Friday lol.
    CrackBerry User

I'm expecting something like my current playbook OS but more polished. And with a few more mainstream apps.
    Last edited by swervable; 12-20-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    Nearly Got Fired for my Love of BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,531 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check

Wowwaweeya
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G