I searched for Blackberry Classic videos last week before deciding to get a fire sale Q10 and Youtube decided this video was of interest to me today...hmmmm...

This was very painful to watch. What a buffoon Thor was as a CEO.
    If I'm not mistaken, I didn't hear him say the word Security or Enterprise even ONCE??
    11-06-14 06:42 PM
    Thorsten was put in charge of a very leaky ship. His job was to keep things afloat. The company would not have survived a course correction at that point, and BYOD had caused Jim and Mike to focus more on consumer. Also, don't forget that the Passport, Z3, and Foxconn all started during his leadership.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska and mithrazor like this.
    11-06-14 07:41 PM
    Don't hate the man that kept our OS alive, poor guy faced the world of criticism, looks depressed almost all the time and still had ties to the old CEOs!

I appreciate that he tried, and I'm happy we have Chen now. No ill will.
    kbz1960 and eddy_berry like this.
    11-06-14 07:57 PM
    Don't hate the man that kept our OS alive, poor guy faced the world of criticism, looks depressed almost all the time and still had ties to the old CEOs!

I appreciate that he tried, and I'm happy we have Chen now. No ill will.
    Second this

Z30 Beast on Roids..C00463C72
    11-06-14 08:17 PM
    From Wikipedia :

"During his time as CEO, BlackBerry continued to struggle, and in November 2013, Heins was subsequently sacked but given a $22 million severance payment. Many critics have doubted the validity of receiving such a large settlement on the grounds that Heins failed in his primary objective of saving the company. He was replaced by John Chen, a veteran Silicon Valley executive"

Also remember this is the guy who bet the marketing farm on Alicia Keys.
    This is also the guy who did the most damage to the company by advertising it for sale.
    This is also the guy who took his eye off the Enterprise ball and gave leg to other MDM companies which will affect BES revenue in pricing.

I work in aerospace and when the company put itself up for sale, one major defense company I work with immediately put in contingency plans for BBRY's insolvency and a few months later started upgrading people to Galaxies. Trust me this used to be a 100% BlackBerry device company last year and they have over 100K employees.

Yes, he looks tired and depressed. Exactly my point that he wasn't cut out for the job. I don't think I've ever seen John Chen look depressed.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 11:39 PM
    22 million dollar severance package- I wouldn't think he has any ill will either

Posted with a smile...and a Q10
    11-06-14 11:49 PM