Talk me out of getting a cheap Windows Phone 8
Ok so I'm getting really impatient waiting and waiting. My BlackBerry Bold 9700 just isnt keeping up with my web browsing other than that its served me very well. Now I can get a HTC Windows Phone 8S for just $280 or less. It has only 4GB internal storage out of which a good chunk is taken up by the OS. It seems like it can do most of my mobile usage fairly well which includes YouTube, email, instant messaging, Twitter, Facebook and web browsing. But when I compare it with a BB10 I know the BB10 will serve me better with its keyboard, much stronger email, messaging and probably better web browsing. The only thing against the BB10 is that the UI still looks like the same old icon based stuff Android and iOS have had and thats been going on for so long. WP UI looks just beautiful with the live tiles and transitions and speed. I know the BB10's peek and flow and hub will be quite a bit better for me. But ughhh I just find it hard to wait. I know I'll regret buying the HTC 8S once BB10 releases. Help me hold out a bit longer by talking me out of it.
- 01-03-13, 11:01 AM #2My BlackBerry Bold 9700 just isnt keeping up with my web browsing.The only thing against the BB10 is that the UI still looks like the same old icon based stuff Android and iOS have had and thats been going on for so long.
- 01-03-13, 11:01 AM #3
- 01-03-13, 11:15 AM #6
Snaqvi91 6th December 2012, 05:03 AM #10 *
Thanks Meter 2
Join Date: Oct 2012
My local Rogers store got a dummy ativ today while I was there. They showed it to me and let's just say it looked ugly and a knock off of some cheap android device.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Samsung ATIV S Hands-On - xda-developers
Lol, like shooting fish in a barrel.
Jan 30 2013 can't get here soon enough,lol.
- 01-03-13, 11:16 AM #7
I have to admit I've been wavering towards WP8 as well, but I think of two things in BB10's favour.
1. Flow UI is what I really want. Instead of live tiles we get an active frame of the stuff we are actually using, no room taken up by an SMS, email, twitter, etc icon, it's all a gesture away to the Hub.
2. In the 'Specs on Z10' thread you'll see videos of the Dev Alpha (B?) spanking the SGS3 (international!) in performance benchmarks like app loading and graphics rendering. This, combined with the developer frameworks that include native HTML5 makes the Z10 at launch sufficiently "future-proof" for me.
- 01-03-13, 11:35 AM #9
Posts32 PostsGlobal Posts475 Global Posts
No 43 here on wait list!
I hope thats not 43 just in my city :S.
- 01-03-13, 11:35 AM #10
well you arent going to get a bb10 device for that price so if that is a huge factor then i would get the windows phone since it can handle everything you need. Off contract you would be paying twice as much for the l series i would guess.
- 01-03-13, 11:42 AM #12
You sign off on "another" website forum with a nexus7, you posted on Crackberry.com a few weeks back that you pre-ordered a BB10 through Rogers and are number 43 in line, now this post above. OMG is all that comes to mind.
- 01-03-13, 11:45 AM #13
Wooow woah calm down lol. You don't need to "endure" any of these threads my simply not visiting them, it's not that hard, really.
I've reached #41 actually. I just remembered BBM Voice and compared with the horrible Skype implementation on WP, I think I'll force myself to hold out. Afterall I'm looking for a communication device. There's also no good enough Google Maps app on WP which I really need. So yeah I'll wait, not that its going to be easy.
- CrackBerry Addict
01-03-13, 12:56 PM #16
- 709 Posts
- 01-05-13, 12:41 AM #20
Talk me out of getting a cheap Windows Phone 8
How many apps on your 9700? Might need a clean up. Native browser on my OS6 9800 not so good but Opera mini works ok. Just trying to give you some last gasps to make it to the finish line.
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-05-13, 01:12 AM #21
- 366 Posts
Re: Talk me out of getting a cheap Windows Phone 8
well if win8 phone is anything like win 8 desktop, forget win 8 phone. win 8 is cumbersome, the tiles are only for show, it is not intuitive and MS is getting so apple like in trying to tie one up with their ecosystem. not worth it to me. and MS has a bad reputation for not updating phone OS. they usually orphan a system with few to no upgrades. no way am I giving any more money than I have to to these giant corps. we need more competition, that means choice for consumers.
- By aholmez in forum BlackBerry Pearl 3GReplies: 18Last Post: 07-15-10, 09:57 AM
- By romeo_55 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 28Last Post: 12-29-09, 02:58 AM
- By iBlizz in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 21Last Post: 09-07-09, 04:42 PM
- By bobsacamano in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 28Last Post: 07-25-09, 01:16 PM
- By lanerya2 in forum AT&TReplies: 20Last Post: 07-13-09, 09:04 PM