Ok so I'm getting really impatient waiting and waiting. My BlackBerry Bold 9700 just isnt keeping up with my web browsing other than that its served me very well. Now I can get a HTC Windows Phone 8S for just $280 or less. It has only 4GB internal storage out of which a good chunk is taken up by the OS. It seems like it can do most of my mobile usage fairly well which includes YouTube, email, instant messaging, Twitter, Facebook and web browsing. But when I compare it with a BB10 I know the BB10 will serve me better with its keyboard, much stronger email, messaging and probably better web browsing. The only thing against the BB10 is that the UI still looks like the same old icon based stuff Android and iOS have had and thats been going on for so long. WP UI looks just beautiful with the live tiles and transitions and speed. I know the BB10's peek and flow and hub will be quite a bit better for me. But ughhh I just find it hard to wait. I know I'll regret buying the HTC 8S once BB10 releases. Help me hold out a bit longer by talking me out of it.
    01-03-13 09:55 AM
    Ok so I'm getting really impatient waiting and waiting.
    Amazing how many threads keep coming in like this about "waiting and waiting" when there is a clear, defined end in sight. I could appreciate it more if this was last summer, but now??? When RIM has said "January 30th launch date" (a few weeks away???!!!!). When leaks have been happening all over the place (suggesting carrier testing?)??? With apps in App World for BlackBerry 10??? With pretty open media previews in full swing???

My BlackBerry Bold 9700 just isnt keeping up with my web browsing.
    With a 4 year old phone? I'm shocked. :-P Was glad they at least updated it to BlackBerry 6 and the Webkit browser, though it ate up the space.

The only thing against the BB10 is that the UI still looks like the same old icon based stuff Android and iOS have had and thats been going on for so long.
    I think you need to watch some videos of BlackBerry 10 and not just photos to get a sense of how it works.
    01-03-13 10:01 AM
    Help me hold out a bit longer by talking me out of it.
    Um.... wait... click your heels 3 ti.... err, no not that.... be patient young padwon.... err, not that either...

Nope sorry, no magic words to think up here.
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-03-13 10:01 AM
    This is ridiculous. You've waited this long, what's another few weeks?
    jerryeight, TomJasper and robkd like this.
    01-03-13 10:04 AM
    There's just 27 days to launch. It feels like just yesterday my BB10 Countdown app was still telling me over 80 days to launch. Trust me, the time will fly right by.
    01-03-13 10:04 AM
    Ok so I'm getting really impatient waiting and waiting. My BlackBerry Bold 9700 just isnt keeping up with ......
    Yet .......
    Snaqvi91 6th December 2012, 05:03 AM #10 *
    Thanks Meter 2

My local Rogers store got a dummy ativ today while I was there. They showed it to me and let's just say it looked ugly and a knock off of some cheap android device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    Samsung ATIV S Hands-On - xda-developers

Lol, like shooting fish in a barrel.
    Jan 30 2013 can't get here soon enough,lol.
    01-03-13 10:15 AM
    I have to admit I've been wavering towards WP8 as well, but I think of two things in BB10's favour.

1. Flow UI is what I really want. Instead of live tiles we get an active frame of the stuff we are actually using, no room taken up by an SMS, email, twitter, etc icon, it's all a gesture away to the Hub.
    2. In the 'Specs on Z10' thread you'll see videos of the Dev Alpha (B?) spanking the SGS3 (international!) in performance benchmarks like app loading and graphics rendering. This, combined with the developer frameworks that include native HTML5 makes the Z10 at launch sufficiently "future-proof" for me.
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-03-13 10:16 AM
    Do not see the issue for the OP.... If a WP8 or any phone for that matter will "by and large" do the job for you and it is "cheaper" why are you even posting this thread?????
    01-03-13 10:29 AM
    Do not see the issue for the OP.... If a WP8 or any phone for that matter will "by and large" do the job for you and it is "cheaper" why are you even posting this thread?????
    My question is why post what the OP has when this in regards to being on the Rogers wait list for BB10,lol,I'm not sure some days what motivates some ppl. Jan 30 2013 get here please,lol.>>
    snaqvi91

CrackBerry User
    Posts32 PostsGlobal Posts475 Global Posts
    12-17-2012,*09:31 AM
    #2**
    No 43 here on wait list!

I hope thats not 43 just in my city :S.
    01-03-13 10:35 AM
    well you arent going to get a bb10 device for that price so if that is a huge factor then i would get the windows phone since it can handle everything you need. Off contract you would be paying twice as much for the l series i would guess.
    TomJasper likes this.
    I recommend going with WP8. We need examples of buyers remorse in February!
    Ok so I'm getting really impatient waiting and waiting.
    I think you need to explain yourself in something less then a pinball fashion.
    You sign off on "another" website forum with a nexus7, you posted on Crackberry.com a few weeks back that you pre-ordered a BB10 through Rogers and are number 43 in line, now this post above. OMG is all that comes to mind.
    01-03-13 10:42 AM
    well you arent going to get a bb10 device for that price so if that is a huge factor then i would get the windows phone since it can handle everything you need. Off contract you would be paying twice as much for the l series i would guess.
    Check his/her previous post on Crackberry, states has pre-ordered BB10 through Rogers and is #43. How many more of these types of thread do we need to endure before Jan 30 2013 ,lol. My suggestion is to close the thread for lack of honesty. Your call. All imho of course.
    01-03-13 10:45 AM
    Wooow woah calm down lol. You don't need to "endure" any of these threads my simply not visiting them, it's not that hard, really.

I've reached #41 actually. I just remembered BBM Voice and compared with the horrible Skype implementation on WP, I think I'll force myself to hold out. Afterall I'm looking for a communication device. There's also no good enough Google Maps app on WP which I really need. So yeah I'll wait, not that its going to be easy.
    playbookster likes this.
    01-03-13 11:22 AM
    No comment, I'll let the thread speak for itself.
    01-03-13 11:46 AM
    01-03-13 11:56 AM
    The 4S looks great but the specs do not live up to anything worth while. I have a 920 and have been reading up on the 4S and it is severely crippled.
    01-04-13 06:54 PM
    Ok so I'm getting really impatient waiting and waiting. My BlackBerry Bold 9700 just isnt keeping up with my web browsing other than that its served me very well. Now I can get a HTC Windows Phone 8S for just $280 or less. It has only 4GB internal storage out of which a good chunk is taken up by the OS. It seems like it can do most of my mobile usage fairly well which includes YouTube, email, instant messaging, Twitter, Facebook and web browsing. But when I compare it with a BB10 I know the BB10 will serve me better with its keyboard, much stronger email, messaging and probably better web browsing. The only thing against the BB10 is that the UI still looks like the same old icon based stuff Android and iOS have had and thats been going on for so long. WP UI looks just beautiful with the live tiles and transitions and speed. I know the BB10's peek and flow and hub will be quite a bit better for me. But ughhh I just find it hard to wait. I know I'll regret buying the HTC 8S once BB10 releases. Help me hold out a bit longer by talking me out of it.
    Please go with what your heart desires and your wallet allows.
    01-04-13 07:01 PM
    First, the 9700 is nice and is also a
    World phone.Secondly, it had few
    Problems...

01-04-13 07:10 PM
    How many apps on your 9700? Might need a clean up. Native browser on my OS6 9800 not so good but Opera mini works ok. Just trying to give you some last gasps to make it to the finish line.
    01-04-13 11:41 PM
    well if win8 phone is anything like win 8 desktop, forget win 8 phone. win 8 is cumbersome, the tiles are only for show, it is not intuitive and MS is getting so apple like in trying to tie one up with their ecosystem. not worth it to me. and MS has a bad reputation for not updating phone OS. they usually orphan a system with few to no upgrades. no way am I giving any more money than I have to to these giant corps. we need more competition, that means choice for consumers.
    01-05-13 12:12 AM
    If you just want it for browsing. Get a playbook. Best of both worlds.
    01-06-13 12:53 PM
    ^I already have a Nexus 7.
    01-06-13 04:26 PM
    Don't get window 8 get BBZ10. Is that enough talking? Not gonna hold your hand either.
    01-07-13 11:18 AM
    i dont need to talk you out of getting that phone, by asking to be talked out of it youve already showed you dont really want that phone, so surely youd be silly to get it in the first place.
    01-07-13 11:25 AM
26 12