Sorry if this has been posted already.

I just got my z10. It's great. But I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to sync my contacts or calendar. I was coming from a Galaxy S3. I setup my email accounts, and that worked fine, but I can't seem to find anyway to sync my contacts from my outlook account. I use it for work, and it's not through any internal work server, it's hosted on my web hosting companys site.

I am running Outlook for Mac on my computer. Does anyone know how to do this? Email and calendar are the reason I went back to blackberry, i don't want to give up just yet!

Thanks
    02-05-13 12:43 PM
    It depends on which mechanism your provider uses to synchronize contacts/calendar. Most Microsoft Exchange based hosting companies use something called "Exchange Active Sync", or EAS.

BB10 has support for EAS, in the add accounts setup page it's listed as "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync". But whether you use that type of account once again depends on your provider.

Some providers have idiosyncracies, like Gmail. Some Gmail accounts can use EAS, some cannot. If you have one of the latter, you have to use a different form of syncronization just for those parts of your PIM data. The email is synced using the native Gmail accounts option in the accounts setup page in BB10, but you have to separately setup the contacts and calendar to sync using "CardDAV" and "CalDAV" respectively.

Here are some Blackberry tutorials that give quick overviews of account setup:

How to add email, contacts, calendar and social networking accounts on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    How to set up Outlook to wirelessly synchronize your contacts and calendar with a BlackBerry Z10 smartphone �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    02-18-13 01:15 AM
    Here are some Blackberry knowledgebase links that may be useful to you:

KB33522-How to setup an Microsoft Office 365 account on BlackBerry 10

KB33472-How to integrate Google Apps accounts as ActiveSync (Blackberry 10)

The following is a document from Rackspace (popular web host) on how to setup email and PIM sync with iPhones. Since it is using EAS and the options are very similiar to Blackberry 10, this may be useful as well:

Setting Up Your iPhone, iPad, & iPod With Microsoft Exchange 2010 E-Mail | Knowledge Center | Rackspace Hosting
    02-18-13 02:22 AM