Even if BB Blend is much improved, there is a lot of work transferring between BB phones.

Installing apps is easy, but Link does not keep your app folders or the customizing you may have done. This is a lot of work if you have many apps. Is there a program, an app or hidden option that facilitates this?

You should be able to port these between devices, but could also use prearranged categories to get you started such as media, banking etc. Existing BB features such as multiple select and move would help as would auto arrange to populate vacant screens. Browsers like Firefox have done some of this for years.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    06-01-15 10:06 PM
    Even if BB Blend is much improved, there is a lot of work transferring between BB phones.

Installing apps is easy, but Link does not keep your app folders or the customizing you may have done. This is a lot of work if you have many apps. Is there a program, an app or hidden option that facilitates this?

You should be able to port these between devices, but could also use prearranged categories to get you started such as media, banking etc. Existing BB features such as multiple select and move would help as would auto arrange to populate vacant screens. Browsers like Firefox have done some of this for years.

Posted via CB10
    hey there
    I just did a quick test migrating applications/games from my "Production" Z30 to my "Test" Z30 and I did an Application settings backup including application executables.

it backed up all my of downloaded applications/games and restored them onto my test device along with their folders (3 of them).

I do agree the process should be simplified and more "Automated", especially for those people who aren't very techie.

Cheers
    06-01-15 11:25 PM
    hey there
    I just did a quick test migrating applications/games from my "Production" Z30 to my "Test" Z30 and I did an Application settings backup including application executables.

it backed up all my of downloaded applications/games and restored them onto my test device along with their folders (3 of them).

I do agree the process should be simplified and more "Automated", especially for those people who aren't very techie.

Cheers
    What app did you use for the backup?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 05:14 AM
    What app did you use for the backup?

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry Link. What ever the latest version available from BB.
    06-02-15 08:42 AM
    Blackberry Link. What ever the latest version available from BB.
    Wow, it worked? Lucky!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 06:26 AM
    BlackBerry link does transfer folders. Make sure you have the latest version.
    06-04-15 08:45 AM
    I just transferred a z10 to a Leap using link. Worked perfectly. Folder integrity maintained. All accounts. All apps.

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.798
    06-05-15 05:09 PM
    Will the transfer able to include those installed Android apps?
    06-06-15 04:13 AM
    I do believe those transferred as well.

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.798
    06-06-15 07:13 AM
    I know for sure the ones you download from BB AppWorld will transfer.

Ones from SNAP will not transfer as I have 2 of them installed from SNAP (paypal and CAA). not sure about other applications installation from Mobile1 or Apptoid, etc.. possibly same results as applications installed from SNAP.

Cheers
    06-06-15 09:12 AM
    sorry but this is simply misonformation. try it again
    06-06-15 09:38 AM
    Try an app from app world. Device switch. Have both phones, BlackBerry Android or iOS on same WiFi, start app on both phones. Follow instructions and u r good to go. Pics, movies, texts, everything will be just as it should be.

Install any apps needed on new phone first, I think this helps transfer info for them as well but I'm not sure

I agree, on Mac os x anyway, link is garbage. I get it to actually complete a backup maybe 1 in 10 tries. It's a joke.
    06-06-15 04:09 PM
    Yes. Even Google playstore and patched Google services transferred and their settings as well.
    06-07-15 09:02 AM