Had to share; not sure if this is news to anyone, but I had no idea this was possible until this morning.

So, I regularly swap batteries on my Q10s - I have a work Q10 and a personal one, often I neglect to charge the work one overnight, so its pretty low on battery the next day, whereas my personal phone gets plugged in overnight. So in the mornings when I get to work, I've been swapping batteries and then leaving my personal cell plugged in at my desk for the day (while carrying the work one around) ..

I realized his morning, if I have the phone plugged in, I can remove the battery and replace it without the phone shutting off! That's amazing for me; no downtime for reboot at all.. I now leave both phones plugged in , swap their batteries, and no reboot on either phone!
    velkod, tsi200, deltact and 3 others like this.
    08-05-15 09:08 AM
    I didn't know that was possible, thanks for sharing!
    08-05-15 09:17 AM
    It's the little things that mean a lot. That may not be significant to many but when I found that out I was happy as well. Cheers.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    08-05-15 09:22 AM
    Always pleasant discoverables in BlackBerry!

SihZou Z10
    08-05-15 09:54 AM
    Cool!

One question though

If you leave both phones plugged in, why do you still need to switch the batteries?

If you leave both phones plugged in, they are both charged, aren't they?

Posted via CB10
    Aaron Marcinkowski likes this.
    08-05-15 06:59 PM
    Cool!

One question though

If you leave both phones plugged in, why do you still need to switch the batteries?

Posted via CB10
    He's likely plugging one in to keep it from shutting off while he swaps the batteries around; and once the batteries are swapped, he disconnects the one he had just plugged in recently.

Posted via CB10
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    08-05-15 07:19 PM
    Then take the batteries out, put them back in only when the phones are unplugged.
    08-05-15 09:30 PM
    Had to share; not sure if this is news to anyone, but I had no idea this was possible until this morning.

So, I regularly swap batteries on my Q10s - I have a work Q10 and a personal one, often I neglect to charge the work one overnight, so its pretty low on battery the next day, whereas my personal phone gets plugged in overnight. So in the mornings when I get to work, I've been swapping batteries and then leaving my personal cell plugged in at my desk for the day (while carrying the work one around) ..

I realized his morning, if I have the phone plugged in, I can remove the battery and replace it without the phone shutting off! That's amazing for me; no downtime for reboot at all.. I now leave both phones plugged in , swap their batteries, and no reboot on either phone!
    Safety First , I will not doing that replace battery , if phones or charger is faulty is risky to life. Turn OFF the 220AVAC wall plug before replace the battery.

Z10/STL100-2/2339
    08-06-15 07:01 AM
    Its risky to life? How?

AFAIK, people have been performing battery pulls on blackberry phones since day 1, without issue. This is a battery pull while the phone is being powered by the A/C unit- I guess I don't see the risk?
    08-06-15 08:39 AM
    Cool!

One question though

Posted via CB10

let me make that more explicit for you:

That's amazing for me; no downtime for reboot at all.. I now leave both phones plugged in WHILE swapping their batteries, and no reboot on either phone!

better?
    08-06-15 08:41 AM
    That never worked on my z10 when I tried it.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 08:44 AM
    You can also use an external battery pack if you don't have access to a wall plug.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    tHe.iR1sH likes this.
    08-06-15 08:56 AM
    let me make that more explicit for you:

That's amazing for me; no downtime for reboot at all.. I now leave both phones plugged in WHILE swapping their batteries, and no reboot on either phone!

better?
    Of course I understand.

The underlying question was directed on why don't you charge both phones at the same time if, obviously, you have two chargers. and then not have the problem of battery switch at all.

But that is your way of doing it and that is fine if this works for you

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 07:46 AM
    I used to always do this on my z10. Works well since day 1

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 08:09 AM

Wow. Thanks

Posted via Q10Bold
    08-07-15 08:42 AM
    Of course I understand.

The underlying question was directed on why don't you charge both phones at the same time if, obviously, you have two chargers. and then not have the problem of battery switch at all.

Posted via CB10
    The OP said
    "often I neglect to charge the work one overnight, so its pretty low on battery the next day, whereas my personal phone gets plugged in overnight"

Posted via CB10
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    08-07-15 09:00 AM
    Cool thanks for sharing didn't know this

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 09:17 AM
    Of course I understand.

Posted via CB10
    He likely wants to have a phone with him as opposed to be hugged to a wall all day, just a guess, hence why he is pumped about being able to swap batteries without a reboot.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 11:27 AM
    Safety First , I will not doing that replace battery , if phones or charger is faulty is risky to life. Turn OFF the 220AVAC wall plug before replace the battery.

Z10/STL100-2/2339
    The chargers output is 5V...

Posted via CB10
    tHe.iR1sH likes this.
    08-07-15 02:41 PM
    Hey now, USB3 SS has more amperage! :/

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 10:53 AM
    We have multiple threads on this.

This can damage the hardware!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 11:19 AM
    We have multiple threads on this.

This can damage the hardware!!!

Posted via CB10
    Can you please explain how it can damage the phone?
    08-18-15 11:21 AM