Dear Crackberry users and Blackberry addicts. I wish you all a happy new year!

Maybe somebody of you can help me here:
    If I want to connect a bluetooth QWERTZ Keyboard (German Layout) it seems that there is a wrong HID recognition. It seems to only work as QWERTY (english layout). Am I doing something wrong or is the blackberry incapable to run other than QWERTY Keyboards?

Blackberry does a lot to promote their devices as the future of mobile computing. Would be nice if they support international keyboards then.

I am a bit disappointed - don't get me wrong: I have 2 Playbooks had a 9700, Storm2, 9800, 9810, Z10, Q5, Q10 and now have the Z30. I know and like Blackberry devices better than those of any other competitor - and yes I also had a Iphone4 and 5.

What me really gets upset is this QWERTZ keyboard feature lack
    (and the fact that the desktop doesn't rotate like on the playbook when I rotate the Z30 device,
    and the fact that I cannot use categories in contacts like in outlook)

Anybody of you having a suggestion regarding the keyboard issue?
    Last edited by AdamWeishaupt; 01-14-14 at 05:28 AM.
    01-14-14 05:04 AM
    It's just BlackBerry saying "The german keyboard is all wrong" ;-)

I'm am on deep water here, but are you 100% sure that the layout is part of the protocol?
    I would expect it to work by using keyboard mapping in the OS, just like you do on a Windows PC.
    01-14-14 07:10 AM
    Honestly, I don't have a clue. I just think that this might be the reason that it doesn't work. But I don't know....

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 09:50 AM
    Adam, have you tried adding an additional layout? Do so by adding the English language to your BlackBerry.

You can then switch the layouts if you long press the comma button. Please check if this has any effect.

Regards
    01-14-14 10:15 AM
    There is more than one QWERTY layout in your settings… just have to change it.. and if you are referring to a bluetooth keyboard not physically attached to a blackberry, then I'm going to say that the layout should be dictated by the keyboard you are using.. I could be wrong but i do know on the virtual keyboard in the blackberry, you can change the layout
    01-14-14 10:21 AM
    IMHO no keyboard advertises it's layout. All keyboards are just rows and columns of keys and the operating system maps them to the selected layout.

I do see an advantage of a keyboard being able to announce the layout printed on the keys as it would be the correct setting for most users.

I would suggest OP to add the input language and select the correct keyboard layout and see if this resolves the problem.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 11:06 AM
    Thank you for your many posts.

The on-screen Layout setting seems not to affect the Input layout setting of the external keyboard so far. Maybe I'm doing it wrong...

Where exactly do you think I should change the setting and...

... have you tried it yourself with an external keyboard - can you confirm a successful solution?

Thank you all again. I'm looking forward to your posts!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:14 PM
    Tried it again with my Logitech Cordless Mediaboard Pro.

Even the touchpad works with the z30 but not the german qwertz keyboard layout.

It's so...

...not cool.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by AdamWeishaupt; 01-15-14 at 01:16 AM.
    01-14-14 04:50 PM
    Still no support with 10.2.1

That's disappointing.

Rest of the new os is good!
    01-28-14 02:24 PM
    The PlayBook keyboard works, except you will also require a bluetooth mouse for full functionality. The track pad on the PlayBook bluetooth keyboard sort of works, you just can't do all click functions with it. Seems odd, not sure if BlackBerry can make their PlayBook keyboard completely work with BlackBerry 10 or not, seems like it should just work because it's kind of an ideal product in my opinion. If it fully worked with BlackBerry 10 devices, it would be so cool!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 02:52 PM
    They could repackage their existing, unsold PlayBook keyboard accessories for sale as "BlackBerry 10 Bluetooth Keyboard".

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 02:55 PM
    The fact that BlackBerry's own bluetooth keyboard exists, but doesn't work with BlackBerry 10 devices, leads me to believe it is a problem (maybe) with the keyboard hardware itself, just seemed logical to me for it to "just work".

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 02:57 PM
    I have the pb keyboard in qwerty layout and already used it with bb10.

But I need qwertz layout to work in Bluetooth and USB host mode.

Both doesn't work.

The logo tech board I mentioned above is very good for a BlackBerry connection as it also has a track pad with buttons.

But again - I miss qwerty layout support for external keyboards.

It's a real showstopper for mobile computing.
    Last edited by AdamWeishaupt; 09-17-14 at 06:35 PM.
    01-28-14 03:25 PM
    Just checked out 10.3.1.

Layout of external keyboards will finally be supported.

Hoooray!

Typing on the super awesome Passport
    10-22-14 10:35 AM
    Support for QUERTZ Bluetooth Keyboards-img_20141022_173621.jpg

Typing on the super awesome Passport
    10-22-14 10:36 AM