So when the Z10 and Q10 were first released my gf and I were early adopters, and while I read everyone's problems with random reboots with the new devices and new devices from later batches I haven't been able to find anyone experiencing my particular issue. Both our phones, one Z and one Q have been operating perfectly and have been absolutely dream phones up until about a week after the 10.2.1 OS update. Now her Q is restarting at least once or twice a day and battery % drops up to 10% with each reboot, and mine has rebooted 4 times now, three of those being in one afternoon all within a half hour... where should I be looking to find a resolution to this problem?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 05:17 PM
    Long answer from my experience:

I experienced the same issue after updating to 10.2 on my Z10. About a couple days later I was experiencing for the first time, random reboots. Because of this seemingly obvious software issue, I had hoped the 10.2.1 update would cure the problem. It did not. However I began to notice the pattern was that the phone would only reboot when I placed it down onto a hard surface.

I did some digging in the forums to when this issue was more prevalent. I read one user wedged a small piece of paper between the bottom of the battery and the housing. This forces the battery more into the pins that connect it to the phone. The theory was that the battery was momentarily disconnected from the pins as you set it down. I tried this "mod" and I'm happy to report so far it has worked for me. I used to get a random reboot once a day minimum. Its been about a week I did this and so far all is well. Try this and see if it helps.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 05:30 PM
    I don't see the battery being an issue in this case as it never happened before. There are some reports of random reboots happening again for some.

Edit: I read someone say they drained their battery and then charged it to 100% and it hasn't done it again yet. Worth a shot to try.
    02-14-14 05:40 PM
    That was the situation with me. I've had my Z10 since the Canadian launch (Feb 5, 2013). I never experienced a random reboot on either 10.0 or 10.1. It just started to happen (coincidence or not) on 10.2.

You can try that, but in my experience it didn't work. What I've heard may work is wiping the device (after backing up) and reinstalling the OS.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 05:58 PM
    That was the situation with me. I've had my Z10 since the Canadian launch (Feb 5, 2013). I never experienced a random reboot on either 10.0 or 10.1. It just started to happen (coincidence or not) on 10.2.

You can try that, but in my experience it didn't work. What I've heard may work is wiping the device (after backing up) and reinstalling the OS.

Posted via CB10
    Both are worth a try.
    02-14-14 06:08 PM
    I also had the same experience in the past week, twice now when tried to place it on the table. On 10.2.1 Q10.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 06:17 PM
    Long answer from my experience:

I experienced the same issue after updating to 10.2 on my Z10. About a couple days later I was experiencing for the first time, random reboots. Because of this seemingly obvious software issue, I had hoped the 10.2.1 update would cure the problem. It did not. However I began to notice the pattern was that the phone would only reboot when I placed it down onto a hard surface.

I did some digging in the forums to when this issue was more prevalent. I read one user wedged a small piece of paper between the bottom of the battery and the housing. This forces the battery more into the pins that connect it to the phone. The theory was that the battery was momentarily disconnected from the pins as you set it down. I tried this "mod" and I'm happy to report so far it has worked for me. I used to get a random reboot once a day minimum. Its been about a week I did this and so far all is well. Try this and see if it helps.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly my case. I've got random reboots from moving the phone suddenly, placing it in a hard surface without being delicate and things like that. I have got the www.bberror.com/bb10-0020

Which talks about battery. So I'm thinking of replacing it but will try this. The way you described it sounds exactly like my case.

Never had a single random reboot since March 26, 2013 until just recently, maybe 2-3 weeks ago.

Anyway hope this works, I remember a similar issue with another kind of phone and had a similar fix.

GTR Lifestyle is @ C001247FA
    02-15-14 12:51 AM
    Try the 10.2.1.2141 update. Use sachesi for a non destructive upgrade. Its pretty painless.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    02-15-14 05:02 PM
    You guys are great, thanks for the tips! I did notice my reboots all happened when I set my Z down! I wondered if it was a battery issue. I also noticed on my gf's Q that the battery connecting pins had a kind of purple gunk on them.. kinda like dried ink.. and the battery itself had dirty connecting points so I cleaned it throughly with a qtip and that seemed to help her phone. I'll have to see what I can do about my Z.

Thanks again guys!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 06:43 PM
    Exact same issue. Started having random reboots after months of stability. Began after upgrading the OS to 10.2.1 in December and happened more often when setting the phone down on a hard surface.

I cut a small piece of a business card and wedged it next to the battery and haven't had an issue since.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141 CB10
    02-15-14 06:53 PM
    This is some awesome McGuiver-ism going on here...

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 02:55 AM
    Battery issue could be a reason as in canada due to temp drop, power is not transmitted properly and ppr trick work. Also it could be an issue of mother board as my brother htc faced this issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 04:21 AM
    Actually I have a question.

Has anyone having this problem has used a generic charger? More specifically car charger.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 11:25 AM
    two things, firstly if you have downloaded any android apps there is a strong potability that one or more of those apps are conflicting with the blackberry software. That is the first place to start.
    Secondly doing a backup and reinstall of the software won't fix the problem because when you put your backup back any corruption will still come back. Most probably an android app conflict. try to remove one or two each time, leave them for a few days and see what happens. you may find the one causing the problem.
    03-12-14 09:28 AM