I only need card and Cal dav to properly work with Evolution, and my phone. Since just about anything will properly work with evolution, I really just need to cater to my phone.

When I briefly had my iPhone, ownCloud worked great. And it seems I can get it to work with BlackBerry using a rewrite and slight modification to a file, but I don't mind switching to another server if it properly works with BB10 out of the box.

So I'm wondering what servers everyone is successfully using without fuss on their BB10?

Only requirement I have is that it run on Linux.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:12 PM
    I use Google's IMAP/CarDAV/CalDAV combo here and it works well (I eventually get a new set of contacts for some reason, but then air merge them and all is well).

10.2 (maybe the MR too?) fixed an issue where any / would be followed by a : (so x/x would turn x/:x - but depending of your OS, it is either fixed or about to be).

Those are the only things I can think of issue-wise.
    07-30-13 11:16 PM
    I use Google's IMAP/CarDAV/CalDAV combo here and it works well (I eventually get a new set of contacts for some reason, but then air merge them and all is well).

10.2 (maybe the MR too?) fixed an issue where any / would be followed by a : (so x/x would turn x/:x - but depending of your OS, it is either fixed or about to be).

Those are the only things I can think of issue-wise.
    Thanks. I should've also mentioned that I wanted to stay away from Google and run the stuff on my own hardware. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 11:47 PM
    Hi,

As far as, I'm used to work with OwnCloud. I need to do few modifications :

http://www.progweb.com/2012/05/playb...pour-le-cloud/

CalDAV and CardDAV works with native applications. And webdav works with PlayCloud.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 01:09 AM
    Yeah, but unless you disable auto updates and run the git merge yourself, you'll always have a dirty copy doing it that way. Which I don't mind, as I said in the op, just looking for other servers first.

EDIT: sorry, looking at that link, you don't have to modify OC at all. Just Apache config. I guess I'll just convert that to nginx and roll with it.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 01:18 AM
    You can check here too : CalDAV and CardDAV issues - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    I successfully get caldav working, but not carddav.
    In OS 10.2 it seems that email address is no longuer a required field (saw some screenshots), hopefully it will solve our problems...
    matt407 likes this.
    07-31-13 01:19 AM
    I have both CalDAV and CardDAV working on OwnCloud against 10.2.

There are issues with imported calendars -- non-all-day appointments that come over in an ICS file from either Google or Outlook disappear. I suspect this has to do with the long UUIDs (>80 characters, including continuation lines) but am not certain of it.

In other words it appears that the BB10 devices bork on UUIDs that have continuation lines in them for non-all-day appointments. This is a bug but not a fatal one as it likely will only bite you on import.

Other than that it works fine; events created in other applications or on the phone work perfectly and CARDdav works too -- but must have an HTTPS connection. (You're a fooking ***** not to use HTTPS, incidentally, as your credentials will be transmitted in the clear if you don't!)
    09-08-13 10:37 AM
    Great !
    No hack on server ? It means that e-mail address is no longeur required in the cal/carddav setup screen ?
    09-09-13 03:56 AM
    You need an email address and it attaches the calendar (or contacts) to the email address, but it doesn't have to be real. If it is it's helpful though in organizing the accounts page.

The UUID presumption turns out to be wrong (it's NOT long uuids that get it angry); I am wondering if the fact that I exported the calendar from Google (and also attempted from Outlook) has left the calendar entries in the phone somewhere and they're being "de-duplicated" even though the entry was killed. Not sure what's up with that but new entries from either the phone or from other calendar applications work fine and persist -- the issue with non-full-day entries disappearing on the BB10 device only happens with imported entries. Next time I load a new leak and boot from scratch I'll see if the problem persists or not.

Also, you can use non-standard ports for CardDAV as well; "dav.yourdomain.net:20443" works, for example, although it still does demand SSL (and does NOT like having the "https://" prefix there.)
    09-09-13 06:22 AM