Why did they take away the ability to touch anywhere on the screen to take a picture? An item that beat out all other platforms. Give it back!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 05:09 PM
    This happened ages ago lol. Makes it easier to focus imo.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 05:10 PM
    It wasn't that great... plus you can use volume buttons to take a pic.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    01-21-16 05:14 PM
    There is an app for that feature

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 05:19 PM
    Far from the stupidest. Merely daft imo.
    01-21-16 06:16 PM
    Stupidest thing BlackBerry has ever done? Don't think there is enough time to discuss that. Lol.
    01-21-16 06:52 PM
    Stupidest thing? Hiring Chen

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    01-21-16 06:55 PM
    Given the history of poor decisions that this company has made over the years...

"Should we be worried about that Apple phone?"

Changing how the camera works is not going to make the chapter of the book being written on "How BlackBerry killed itself"

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    JeepBB and Jonneh like this.
    01-21-16 07:01 PM
    Of all the things that were bad decisions, a subtle change to the camera app isn't going to make the list.

At the peak of BlackBerry's success, I would say that making too many devices was their biggest mistake as it consumed resources and diminished focus.

Development and sale of the PlayBook has to be the biggest blunder BlackBerry made at a time when a quick successor to BBOS was required. Great device but really should not have been their focus.

Underestimating their competition was their biggest mistake. Hindsight is 20/20, but a consumer Android device made more sense at their peak than it does now. Android would have complimented the BBOS devices during the transition. Early versions of Android were meant to take on the BBOS and later evolved to take on the iOS.

I consider the lack of a BB10 Priv variant a PR mistake. If BlackBerry isn't killing BB10, not having a device in the pipeline sure makes it look that way. As an owner of a Z30, I would purchase a BB10 version of the Priv. Z10 and Z30 owners will only stay with BlackBerry for so long without something to upgrade to. I would have been happy with a refreshed Z30 or a Leap with Passport internals.

I guess underpowered Leap needs to be added to the list of mistakes. If the Leap had been an upgrade to the Z10 and Z30, I think BlackBerry would have had a winner on their hands. The Z10 is 3 years old and the Z30 not far off that in age.

I am a late-comer to BB10 and considered the Z10 when it came out but couldn't justify the price at the time in comparison to the Android phones available. I may have seen the Z30, but it was so under marketed that I didn't know its' potential and I know people at BlackBerry. I wish I knew about the Z30 as it would have been the device I was looking for as battery life is my top priority. If I had owned a Z30 since it's release, I would have a hard time complaining. How many phones get three years of updates from their manufacturer and work better at the end of their life than at the beginning?

In the end, I think my only real complaint with BlackBerry is the lack of a high end full touch device regardless of OS. My Z30 has been a work horse over the last year. Unfortunately, the company I work at only supports BB10 and IOS, so even the Priv isn't a way forward for me at this moment.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 07:35 AM
    And I thought getting rid the squircle was the stupidest thing they ever did.
    Last edited by Carjackd; 01-22-16 at 08:27 AM.
    Jonneh and bunky1971 like this.
    01-22-16 08:11 AM
    Stupidest thing? Hiring Chen

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry would not exist today if it wasn't for Chen. Things were that bad when they brought him aboard.

Love him or hate him, he has turned the company around and they've finally returned to profitability (despite their handset business woes).

And Chen has done everything possible to try to save the handset business.

No amount of marketing was going to have millions of people flocking from iOS and Android to BB10. Microsoft poured billions into marketing Windows phone for what? A few measly percent of worldwide market share. Going Android was really the only option left that gave BlackBerry any chance of saving their handset business, and Chen had the guts to try it.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    JeepBB and bunky1971 like this.
    01-22-16 08:40 AM
    Wow pretty melodramatic don't you think, that's hardly even an issue. It's better to use a side button anyway.

Worst was z10 launch with no classic and not letting play book owners upgrade to bb10..
    01-22-16 09:00 AM
    01-22-16 09:04 AM
    There is an app in BlackBerry World you can tap anywhere in the screen to take pic ,but I forgot the name of the app sorry
    01-22-16 09:06 AM
    I disagree.

Way too funny. I had not seen that before. OK, the camera button is the 2nd stupidest thing they've done.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 12:22 PM
    Given the history of poor decisions that this company has made over the years...

"Should we be worried about that Apple phone?"

Changing how the camera works is not going to make the chapter of the book being written on "How BlackBerry killed itself"

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    "How BlackBerry killed itself" could take up a whole book. I'm sure it's already something taught in business schools.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 06:01 PM
    And I thought getting rid the squircle was the stupidest thing they ever did.
    Definitely. Even stupider was not implementing the squircle loading animation. It was in a leak, but never official. And it was beautiful.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-23-16 06:04 PM
    I disagree.

I wonder how much they paid in Royalties to REO Speedwagon, anyway those where the days when BlackBerry had cash to burn, I don't think Chen would have a Penny for something like that.
    01-23-16 07:11 PM
    I disagree.

More than 12000 views and only 8 dislikes. Not too shabby.

Posted via CB10
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-23-16 07:28 PM
    Too many options for stupidist decision, let's just say it was great camera and let it be. Now where the heck is my Verizon Priv

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 07:51 PM
    The worst decision they made was not releasing the classic first. They had to get many OS7 users on-board with their new OS, and what did they do? Release a full touch screen device, that's completely foreign to their pre-existing, tool belt loving fan base. So they were counting on gaining a new customer base.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    acovey likes this.
    01-23-16 09:00 PM
    Newfangled. Re ue recent post. Where is ur data or proof that BlackBerry wouldn't still be in business without hiring Chen. Only ur opinion.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 09:39 PM
    And if they never hired chen there would now be bb11. Playbook 2. Passport 2, Classic 3, Z 50, Q50. And there never was produced the pukey priv

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 09:43 PM
    And if they never hired chen there would now be bb11. Playbook 2. Passport 2, Classic 3, Z 50, Q50. And there never was produced the pukey priv

Posted via CB10
    Drinking?
    elfabio80, DaDaDogg and JeepBB like this.
    01-23-16 09:49 PM
    Newfangled. Re ue recent post. Where is ur data or proof that BlackBerry wouldn't still be in business without hiring Chen. Only ur opinion.

Posted via CB10
    ???

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    01-23-16 10:24 PM
40 12