Greetings,

I was running the 10.1 MR when I got a couple of text messages from my wife, and when I could open one of them it would cause my text messaging freeze up and not show new text messages until I rebooted my Z10. I could not open the second text message or delete either of them at this OS version.

Then I got enrolled and upgraded to the 10.2 BETA, and I still can't delete either of them, but I can't open the first one like I did originally.

What's weird is normally all the text messages from someone, including the countless ones from my wife in the past, always appeared to come in one thread and not separate messages. I originally thought maybe one was SMS and the other was MMS which is why they appeared differently, but I'm not sure I can tell now.

I have read old forum posts about similar issues and the two fixes have been to pull the battery for an extended period of time and to separately reload the device. I have tried an hour+ battery pull with no luck and am reluctant to reload my OS since reconnecting it with my BES right now would be REALLY difficult.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get rid of stuck text messages, one of which is still marked as unread, on OS 10.2.0.415?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 08:23 PM
    I've experienced this exact issue. Try this...

Go to your Hub, go to the Settings, Display and Actions. Change "Display Style" from 'Single Messages' to 'Conversations'.

The hub should "rebuild". Then you can change it back to single messages afterward. This cleared out my stuck texts the 2 times I've experienced this. I hope this works for you.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 12:49 AM
    Unfortunately that did not clear then out and I still cannot delete them.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 02:36 PM
    Using my Rogers SIM and unlocked AT&T Z10, I was able to update to the gold 10.2 OS today (versus the 10.2 BETA I was on) and the 4 stuck text messages disappeared w/o me having to do anything. YAY!
    10-23-13 01:21 PM