This isn't really a device-specific Q, so I'm hoping this is the appropriate forum.

I have a Q10.

I'm looking for a way to wirelessly stream audio from my TV to a set of headphones. Instead of purchasing a set of wireless headphones, is it possible to pick up a bluetooth audio transmitter (with 100mm stereo input), pair with my Q10, and stream audio TO my Q10 (which I would then listen to on my ear-buds plugged into my Q10)? If this is possible, what app in BB10 would "play" this streamed audio it is receiving?

I know there are lots of devices that bluetooth stream music FROM a BB to an audio device (eg. BlackBerry Music Gateway), but I'm looking to do the opposite, so to speak.

This is the sort of device i'm referring to. Just not sure if BB10 is equipped to properly route the audio.

Many thanks to anyone who can provide input.

Ray
    10-22-13 03:40 PM
    This isn't really a device-specific Q, so I'm hoping this is the appropriate forum.

I have a Q10.

I'm looking for a way to wirelessly stream audio from my TV to a set of headphones. Instead of purchasing a set of wireless headphones, is it possible to pick up a bluetooth audio transmitter (with 100mm stereo input), pair with my Q10, and stream audio TO my Q10 (which I would then listen to on my ear-buds plugged into my Q10)? If this is possible, what app in BB10 would "play" this streamed audio it is receiving?

I know there are lots of devices that bluetooth stream music FROM a BB to an audio device (eg. BlackBerry Music Gateway), but I'm looking to do the opposite, so to speak.

This is the sort of device i'm referring to. Just not sure if BB10 is equipped to properly route the audio.

Many thanks to anyone who can provide input.

Ray
    This just sounds incredibly backwards. Why wouldn't you just turn your TV up? Or connect a surround sound system.
    10-22-13 04:01 PM
    There are many reasons one might want to do this. The problem is getting the appropriate receive profile on the device. Unfortunately I don't believe it is included for receiving and don't really see that changing.

What's backwards is the way the industry hamstrings uses such as this. It isn't important that any one can see that it would be useful. BlueTooth was built to replace wires, wires go both ways.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 04:17 PM
    Ah you're right about that.

Posted via my sweet Z10 on the #1 BB10 app!
    10-23-13 12:21 AM
    This just sounds incredibly backwards. Why wouldn't you just turn your TV up? Or connect a surround sound system.
    Sorry.. but with all due respect, do you not think that would have crossed my mind if it were in the realm of what I as trying to accomplish?

I'm actually trying to get a quick-and-dirty way of watching the hockey game in bed at night without disturbing my wife. So instead of dropping $$ on a set of wireless headphones, I figured, "I have a bluetooth receiver (blackberry) that's always charged, I have a set of earbuds already, I just need a bluetooth transmitter for the audio!". Hence, my question to the list. I just thought I'd skip over the details of how I arrived at my problem.

Alas, as Richard Buckly pointed out, it sounds like there are no provisions built into BB10 that allows reception of a2db audio. Only transmission. Bummer.

Ray
    10-23-13 08:25 AM
    And the nail in the coffin for this idea is located here.

The documentations for low level audio specifies:

AUDIOMIXER_INPUT_A2DP
    A Bluetooth Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) connection.
    If this channel is specified, the default input channel is used.

Since: BlackBerry 10.0.0
    10-23-13 01:49 PM
    So here's your answer.... firstrowsports.eu or feed2all.eu

Those two sites have feeds from all over, that stream any and every sporting event foreign and domestic. I run these from my Z10 and Playbook flawlessly. It's definitely your answer, now that I completely understand your dilemma.
    10-30-13 04:24 PM
    Great solution unless you aren't watching sports
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    10-30-13 04:34 PM