So far, I've been enjoying my Z10 pretty thoroughly. However, last night I encountered a number of strange bugs, which required a battery pull to fix.

1. After playing say, maybe 5 or 10 songs, Songza crashed. Restarting the app just yielded the error seen below:

Strange series of bugs on my Z10-img_00000011.jpg

2. I then went to download The Logo Game. It would simply hang at this screen:
    Strange series of bugs on my Z10-img_00000013.jpg

3. After that, I tried downloading Remote Control Collection. But the download would never start. Restarting BlackBerry World gave me this:
    Strange series of bugs on my Z10-img_00000014.jpg
    But after the battery pull, I went into BlackBerry World, and the download started by itself.

4. This one has happened to me before, but the Games app displayed as a blank name at some point in BlackBerry World, as seen in the screenshot at the end of this post.

Now, it's been a great device all things considered, but I do hope these quirks can be ironed out. Anyone know if some of them might be app-specific, or are they all OS issues?
    Attached Thumbnails Strange series of bugs on my Z10-img_00000012.jpg  
    02-08-13 07:28 AM
    Could it have been that your WiFi stopped working for a while?
    02-08-13 07:35 AM
    Could it have been that your WiFi stopped working for a while?
    I was using the browser at roughly the same time (and I believe I got a Facebook notification or two as well), so I don't think so.
    02-08-13 07:39 AM
    I really hope BlackBerry is reading the boards.
    02-08-13 07:56 AM
    It's possible there was something amiss with Blackberry's servers, but that only explains some of the symptoms. How was your WiFi signal in general. Is it possible the BB was switching between Wifi and LTE because of poor signal (and thus interrupting your streams.)
    02-08-13 08:08 AM
    It's possible there was something amiss with Blackberry's servers, but that only explains some of the symptoms. How was your WiFi signal in general. Is it possible the BB was switching between Wifi and LTE because of poor signal (and thus interrupting your streams.)
    My WiFi signal is usually very good, so I doubt that my Z10 was switching between WiFi and LTE. I ran TuneIn Radio over WiFi for a couple hours yesterday without any interruptions, and I have never had WiFi issues on my PlayBook or even my 9810.
    02-08-13 08:17 AM
    As soon as someone says "It needed a battery pull to Fix," I can't rake them seriously. You do understand that battery pulls do nothing in BB10, right? It's for this reason alone that I really wish BlackBerry made the battery non removable. Next time, hold the power button until the countdown comes up. Let Go of the power button before the countdown ends. Click restart.

As for your issues, they're all obviously related to data problems. I haven't personally faced them, but I would think it had something to do with your network blocking certain ports, which is why you got some notifications at the time. I've had instances on my laptop where I can fully browse the Web, but none of my apps games will have internet.

The last error is a bug in BlackBerry world. It happened to me once when I first got the phone, but has never happened again.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-08-13 09:03 AM
    As soon as someone says "It needed a battery pull to Fix," I can't rake them seriously. You do understand that battery pulls do nothing in BB10, right? It's for this reason alone that I really wish BlackBerry made the battery non removable. Next time, hold the power button until the countdown comes up. Let Go of the power button before the countdown ends. Click restart.

As for your issues, they're all obviously related to data problems. I haven't personally faced them, but I would think it had something to do with your network blocking certain ports, which is why you got some notifications at the time. I've had instances on my laptop where I can fully browse the Web, but none of my apps games will have internet.

The last error is a bug in BlackBerry world. It happened to me once when I first got the phone, but has never happened again.
    I know how to restart the phone, the battery pull is just a force of habit more than anything. But the result achieved at the end of the day was the same, the phone rebooted. Doesn't make a difference to the matter at hand.

I'll have a look around my router options however to see if that might fix something, but I don't see why Songza should crash even if I'm losing connection - why not just stop the song and display an error (i.e. Connection lost, please try again later)?
    02-08-13 09:13 AM
    What is the difference, battery pull or restart? Nothing. All tech needs a restart sometimes but total lockups shouldn't happen and yes its happened more than a few times with pb, more than any computer I've ever had has. I just they fix the issues soon. I believe on old BB's there was no choice but to pull the battery cause anything would do nothing.
    02-08-13 09:28 AM
    but I don't see why Songza should crash even if I'm losing connection - why not just stop the song and display an error (i.e. Connection lost, please try again later)?
    That's actually Songza's fault. I've had that happen on my Nexus 4 while listening to music and the wifi cut out abruptly. It crashed. Actually, it caused the phone to reboot after a few seconds of being stuck. So ya, direct your blame at the app, not the OS.
    What is the difference, battery pull or restart? Nothing. All tech needs a restart sometimes but total lockups shouldn't happen and yes its happened more than a few times with pb, more than any computer I've ever had has. I just they fix the issues soon. I believe on old BB's there was no choice but to pull the battery cause anything would do nothing.
    That's because Playbook OS was crap. I have a playbook, and I didn't use it after the first week due to issues with everything. Memory leaks. Limited apps. Even the best feature, the browser, sucked on the playbook.

BB10 is NOTHING like the playbook. I would've returned it from day 1 if it was. My Z10 hasn't been restarted since 4:50pm on February 5th. Not a single memory leak, no stutters, browser is just as smooth as ever, etc. I remember I used to have to restart the playbook every few hours or the memory got so low, nothing would run. The difference is night and day, and it makes sense. The Playbook OS was rushed to market. They took their time to perfect BB10. And thankfully, they got rid of Adobe AIR.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    02-08-13 11:41 AM
    I guess Songza killed some vital process in the Android player so Android apps would hang at startup and BlackBerry World wasn't able to communicate with the Android Player anymore so Remote Control Collection couldn't be installed.
    If so, a restart of the Android Player would have been enough, but there's no option to do this unfortunately.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    02-08-13 12:34 PM
    Starting from a fresh boot, if you don't use Songza, do you have the same problems ?
    If not, you know who to blame ...
    LazyEvul likes this.
    02-08-13 12:44 PM
    That's actually Songza's fault. I've had that happen on my Nexus 4 while listening to music and the wifi cut out abruptly. It crashed. Actually, it caused the phone to reboot after a few seconds of being stuck. So ya, direct your blame at the app, not the OS.
    I guess Songza killed some vital process in the Android player so Android apps would hang at startup and BlackBerry World wasn't able to communicate with the Android Player anymore so Remote Control Collection couldn't be installed.
    If so, a restart of the Android Player would have been enough, but there's no option to do this unfortunately.
    Starting from a fresh boot, if you don't use Songza, do you have the same problems ?
    If not, you know who to blame ...
    I guess it sounds like Songza is indeed at fault. Although I have seen issue #4 appear in the past without Songza's involvement (Guess it's just a minor BB World bug), everything else does indeed go away after a fresh boot if I don't touch Songza.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-08-13 12:50 PM
    Songza is only an android port thats why
    02-08-13 06:03 PM
    Well I just had a "bug" experience with my Z10. My ringer stopped ringing? I thought that i had accidently muted my sound but everything was full blast. I went to my settings just to make sure everything was on . I restarted a few times and then it worked . But still very happy with my Z10.
    02-09-13 10:05 PM