I have a memory card in my Z30. (10.2.1.2977)

Camera photos are stored in the "camera" folder on the card.

Some time ago, I had set up a subfolder named "holiday pics" in the camera folder. Then I decided to rename that subfolder "old pics".

So I went into the File Manager app and tapped on the 3 dots, selected "properties" and typed in the new folder name. So far, all good.

As soon as I exited that screen, I noticed that there were now 2 subfolders in the camera folder, one named "holiday pics", and the other named "old pics". Both subfolders had the same number of items, and indeed, when I tapped on the subfolders, they each appeared to contain the same pictures.

So... (scary background music playing) I decided to delete the older subfolder named "holiday pics"... and boom, both subfolders were gone. WTF???

Well, long story short, I'm now using the SanDisk recovery program to get those photos back, but seriously why would it work this way. Very unintuitive. Very frustrating. Grrr...

I guess I should post this on icanmakeitbetter... but really, why the heck would BB10 work this way???

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 02:12 PM
    I had weird issues with folders on 10.2.2 (and below) too. Updating to 10.3 fixed the problem.
    11-22-14 02:22 PM