it might work to cancel the notifications, but as far as I know, that calendar has growing numbers but still has the useless dots...... it's the dots I'm trying to get rid of and get the bars back....
    04-09-15 07:50 PM
    Uh, there is a 3.0-calender.BAR floating around somewhere, it can be sideloaded and still has the bars. No comparison to 10.2.1, but still.
    Oh, and AFAICT, it doesn't come with growing numbers.
    04-10-15 12:29 AM
    10.2.1 is god ugly.. My z30 i just bought had it installed on it. It looks like something from 1998
    I don't think 10.2 is a thing of beauty either, but it's not a mashed together mosaic of the worst bits of Android and iPhone.

I'd have liked to have seen some of the colours and textures of the PlayBook.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    04-10-15 12:41 AM
    I don't know if it will repeat as new or not but worth a shot.
    They still come in as new notifications. Damn.
    04-10-15 02:13 AM
    Uh, there is a 3.0-calender.BAR floating around somewhere, it can be sideloaded and still has the bars. No comparison to 10.2.1, but still.
    Oh, and AFAICT, it doesn't come with growing numbers.
    ...That's the one I used - post #423 from here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11488374

No growing numbers - and although I prefer to have both, the side bars are more useful to me than the growing numbers
    04-10-15 04:01 AM
    10.3.1.1865 - 1GB

I don't want it. I think it's ugly, and missing features I like and I don't want to risk the bugs.
    Fixed that for you
    04-10-15 11:12 AM
    If you don't install this update your Smartphone is vulnerable the FREAK security issue
    04-10-15 11:23 AM
    Fixed that for you
    Not sure what you did, but... ok...

If you don't install this update your Smartphone is vulnerable the FREAK security issue
    Oh well. Maybe BlackBerry should do what Microsoft does - publish security updates without affecting usability and system features.

If I want a complete UI overhaul on my Windows 7 system, I'll upgrade to 8.1 or 10. I don't need a new start menu to get some SSL security flaws patched.
    playfoot likes this.
    04-10-15 11:35 AM
    Oh well. Maybe BlackBerry should do what Microsoft does - publish security updates without affecting usability and system features.
    Good idea, but not going to happen. The whole BB10 OS future is unclear.
    04-10-15 05:11 PM
    I don't think 10.2 is a thing of beauty either, but it's not a mashed together mosaic of the worst bits of Android and iPhone.

I'd have liked to have seen some of the colours and textures of the PlayBook.
    the worst bits of android and ios.. k, and what would that be?
    04-11-15 12:28 PM
    the worst bits of android and ios.. k, and what would that be?
    Probably a case of "I don't like the flat icons, worst OS ever "

Posted via Z10
    04-11-15 03:21 PM
    Good for you. I described in details my experience on Z10 device. Not to mention that first OTA update in February resulted in bricked device - stuck on boot on 98% and never recovered, had to restore it with autoloader, 100% data loss.

Z10 is not my main device, I use it mainly for testing purposes, so no big deal. I can wipe it 5 times a day with no harm to my data. But what about regular BlackBerry users with little or no technical knowledge? They will simply move to other manufacturers. This rushed update potentially caused more harm to BlackBerry than good. 10.3.1.2708 had to be the first update, not the fix after fail.

Yes, I have tested every single popular leak or official since 10.3.0, all 10.3.1, will play with 10.3.2 when I have more time. On the weekend, probably. This is what I use my BlackBerry for - testing BB10 OS. And I don't install any 3rd party apps when testing, not a single one. Autoloader with no restore, manual setup from scratch, clean OS.
    Well I'm a regular user and I never had my device crash! So you don't have to worry about regular users! Worry about yourself!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 05:57 PM
    Well I'm a regular user and I never had my device crash! So you don't have to worry about regular users! Worry about yourself!
    Just to remind you that first 10.3.1 update for Z10 in Canada was cancelled back in February because of OTA update issues. I have no worries whatsoever, Z10 is my experimenting device only. BlackBerry has to worry about users moving to other devices.
    04-11-15 06:14 PM
    Probably a case of "I don't like the flat icons, worst OS ever "
    What's always bothered me about Android is the lack of delineation around interactive elements on the screen. Buttons rarely have borders that make the look like buttons, text input boxes are often simply horizontal lines and often times various elements will overlap each other creating visual clutter.

Steamrolling BB10's UI is pushing it down that very path.
    04-11-15 06:47 PM
    What's always bothered me about Android is the lack of delineation around interactive elements on the screen. Buttons rarely have borders that make the look like buttons, text input boxes are often simply horizontal lines and often times various elements will overlap each other creating visual clutter.

Realise not the correct thread, really. Nonetheless, I had to giggle.

Today, someone glanced over and saw I was using a Q, mistook it for a Bold. After the initial explanation, the person commented on how legible and unique was the UI . . . 10.2, that is. Interesting. And not the first person to comment.

Someone once commented, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
    Last edited by playfoot; 04-12-15 at 12:57 AM.
    04-11-15 10:01 PM
    If you get hacked by an old vulnerability, it's still their problem. No one will ask which OS version you are using. Also, many developers (myself included) no longer support 10.2 in their apps.
    I'm not faced with the security issues that BlackBerry keeps harping about. And I don't know of anyone who is and I'm not reading about people who've had problems in the last 3 years.
    So, I'm not really sure how relevant that argument is, esp. when we have to wait for over a year for an official update to be released. If it was that critical, one would think we would see more timely releases of security updates to meet whatever threats are out there.
    As a developer, you're faced with a different problem than we are.
    You have to keep moving forward with an update, whether you like it or not, because that's part of your commitment to your customers who've purchased your product.
    And your product may work fine in an updated software system, because if you care, you're going to thoroughly test it and make sure that it does (something that BlackBerry obviously doesn't do).
    For many of us, our smart phones have become integrated as a tool into the essentials of the operations our businesses.
    This is not to be demeaning in any way, but your app is just one part of the overall operating system that the end user has to interact with.
    When you do something new that creates problems throughout the system, that were not there previously and renders a tool that was formally an asset into a liability, you eliminate whatever is the cause (and go back to what worked) if you want to keep progressing forward and stay successful.
    In my case, that was getting rid of 10.3.1. and reloading 10.2.1.
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 04-14-15 at 02:40 PM.
    04-14-15 02:18 PM

Yep. :-)

On my wife's Droid and certain BB10 Android ports, I'm never sure what an actual button is and what is "clickable"...

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    ssbtech likes this.
    04-14-15 02:50 PM
67 123