No one else seems to be getting at ths so I'll drive the point home...

Please stop blaming BlackBerry for not having the apps/app selection you desire.

I have been a 100% loyal BlackBerry user for at least 4 years and while you COULD make the Java argument for legacy BB OS, there is no excuse now....

BlackBerry, with Thorsten Heins as CEO, has really, in my perspective, bent over backwards for developers. From portathons to hosting events to working real close with developers, I mean what more do you need to take a chance on BlackBerry? Does Apple do all that plus give developers their own personal bathroom attendant? I mean come on now...I really do feel it is time to wake up and smell the coffee. BlackBerry has finally done it all right and then some....they have went the whole 9 yards which many thought would never happen...now it is time for devs to do their part.

So I ask you to stop whining about no apps like it is BlackBerry's fault, and instead whine about the companies that refuse to make an app for BlackBerry. And most preferably, whine to them. I have been personally guilty about venting frustration too (I mean look at this thread...lol) but to at least have a chance aat being productive we have to whine at the right people.

The fact of the matter is market share and effort isn't an excuse anymore.

1. BlackBerry 10 is now just as easy and viable to write for as any other platform, and it can run Android apps (and if they don't suck many of us are happy with good, soliid ports for now)

2. Market share is gaining and this is a comeback for BBRY. Well, it is close to a comeback....the other half falls on you developers so start developing! BB has finally re-found where and why they belong and how they are truly unique...embrace that and start developng.

3. Stop dropping support for BlackBerry OS legacy too. Chase Bank is an *****...they will now increase costs dealing with us over the phone which will be more expensive then if they just kept their app.

4. Stop making this about politics. You have a service....people with BlackBerry want it...that is fundamentally why we are all here complaining about apps, right?! I am confident that if Netflix would stop making excuses and just release a BB10 AP the would see it pay off sooner or later.

*5. This is perhaps the most important take-away and is philosophical in nature... If developers continue to WON'T, that does not mean BlackBerry CAN'T! I sincerely hope you understand this people that make returning Z10 threads!

BlackBerry is in it to stay this time. The king is back. We welcome you warmly to the kingdom, but if you don't play nice and don't have any faith in us, screw you, we'll find another way to get the job done.

Btw developers if you are reading this stop now and start developing...I'm serious start developing right now.

Are you still reading this? Stop! Close browser and go develop!
    03-24-13 01:59 PM
    Thats right = if people had any backbone at all - we would stop using the services that dont suppor BB. After we ask for them, give them an acceptable period of time to bend to our will.

If Not - Destroy the robinson family!!! Destroy - Destroy ..

you get my point - as my first act I am going to write to RBC, yellow pages, and GWL -
    03-24-13 02:06 PM
    What I want to know is what do the 32'000 apple employees do ? They have one phone, an old OS and hardly any enterprise support

Blackberry has 12'000 employees , 4 different phones launching this year, 26 different models in the past, two operating systems, the best security and best enterprise support.

And people still complain that they BB isnt doing enough .. geeze give 'em a break
    03-24-13 02:08 PM
    No one else seems to be getting at ths so I'll drive the point home...

Please stop blaming BlackBerry for not having the apps/app selection you desire.

I have been a 100% loyal BlackBerry user for at least 4 years and while you COULD make the Java argument for legacy BB OS, there is no excuse now....

BlackBerry, with Thorsten Heins as CEO, has really, in my perspective, bent over backwards for developers. From portathons to hosting events to working real close with developers, I mean what more do you need to take a chance on BlackBerry? Does Apple do all that plus give developers their own personal bathroom attendant? I mean come on now...I really do feel it is time to wake up and smell the coffee. BlackBerry has finally done it all right and then some....they have went the whole 9 yards which many thought would never happen...now it is time for devs to do their part.

So I ask you to stop whining about no apps like it is BlackBerry's fault, and instead whine about the companies that refuse to make an app for BlackBerry. And most preferably, whine to them. I have been personally guilty about venting frustration too (I mean look at this thread...lol) but to at least have a chance aat being productive we have to whine at the right people.

The fact of the matter is market share and effort isn't an excuse anymore.

1. BlackBerry 10 is now just as easy and viable to write for as any other platform, and it can run Android apps (and if they don't suck many of us are happy with good, soliid ports for now)

2. Market share is gaining and this is a comeback for BBRY. Well, it is close to a comeback....the other half falls on you developers so start developing! BB has finally re-found where and why they belong and how they are truly unique...embrace that and start developng.

3. Stop dropping support for BlackBerry OS legacy too. Chase Bank is an *****...they will now increase costs dealing with us over the phone which will be more expensive then if they just kept their app.

4. Stop making this about politics. You have a service....people with BlackBerry want it...that is fundamentally why we are all here complaining about apps, right?! I am confident that if Netflix would stop making excuses and just release a BB10 AP the would see it pay off sooner or later.

*5. This is perhaps the most important take-away and is philosophical in nature... If developers continue to WON'T, that does not mean BlackBerry CAN'T! I sincerely hope you understand this people that make returning Z10 threads!

BlackBerry is in it to stay this time. The king is back. We welcome you warmly to the kingdom, but if you don't play nice and don't have any faith in us, screw you, we'll find another way to get the job done.

Btw developers if you are reading this stop now and start developing...I'm serious start developing right now.

Are you still reading this? Stop! Close browser and go develop!

No. It's my fault they don t have apps or spent an excessive amount if time on an Os with static tiles and no widget support or customization.

It ain't the already rabid BlackBerry fans that keep this company in business...
    03-24-13 02:16 PM
    No. It's my fault they don t have apps or spent an excessive amount if time on an Os with static tiles and no widget support or customization.

It ain't the already rabid BlackBerry fans that keep this company in business...
    Give me a break. You serious? It's a new OS from a company with limited resources and they did just fine. Go play with your droid.
    Spawn12 and dbarz like this.
    03-24-13 02:29 PM
    People will never understand that it is NOT their fault, it is NOT blackberry's fault, it IS the developers fault that apps are not here. That is that. Frustrated about lack of an app? Write to the dev! Stop hurr durring around here...
    03-24-13 03:14 PM
    Is anyone here so far a dev?
    BlackBerry is not the easiest platform to develop for yet.
    Otherwise people wouldn't be complaining about lack of APIs for holster detection, or silent mode detection, or proper multitasking or headless apps.

And insulting devs and saying get to work right now isn't really an approach that's going to pay a lot of dividends, I would have thought.
    Absolving BlackBerry of all blame isn't a brilliant strategy, even though I suspect the blame for lack of key apps lies somewhere between BlackBerry and certain devs.
    03-24-13 03:30 PM
    No. It's my fault they don t have apps or spent an excessive amount if time on an Os with static tiles and no widget support
    Welll, from a technicle,functional standpoint, active frames are superior to widgets because they turn into the full aand allow for minimization. Widgets are just mini-apps mostly for cosmetic purposes honestly.

And I don't know why you are saying it is your fault sarcastically...are you a stubborn developer that refuses to give BlackBerry one last try? If so, don't let the back button hit you on the way out.

Play NOVA3, then peek into your hub and tell me BlackBerry is stilll a "limited platform".

The BlackBerry Z10 is the only smartphone I want to use. If it were not there I would probably choose a Jitterbug for emergencies in my car over Android's insecure, resource hogging "everything is one big advertising experiment" OS, or Apple's plethora of all the apps in the world but with a dumbed down OS that has minimal configuration and comes with Apple's control-the-consumer mentality, or Windows Phone 8's so-bad-and-f'ugly-its-comical sad excuse for an OS. I am not religious yet I pray Microsoft returns to a Windows 7 philosophy ASAP.

That's my opinion. Flame me if you wish. For me BlackBerry is where it's at.
    03-24-13 03:40 PM
    Is anyone here so far a dev?
    BlackBerry is not the easiest platform to develop for yet.
    Otherwise people wouldn't be complaining about lack of APIs for holster detection, or silent mode detection, or proper multitasking or headless apps.

And insulting devs and saying get to work right now isn't really an approach that's going to pay a lot of dividends, I would have thought.
    Absolving BlackBerry of all blame isn't a brilliant strategy, even though I suspect the blame for lack of key apps lies somewhere between BlackBerry and certain devs.
    If certain developers and companies put a third the effort they put into making excuses for lack of BlackBerry support and advertising they do for their iOS/Droid support into making BlackBerry 10 apps, there would be about 33% more apps available right now, including Skype, Netflix, and especially Instagram. I mean hello...now THAT is an app that is hard to develop...basically take Facebook and remove everything but the picture functionality. There is no excuse. This is 95% smartphone descrimination and nothing more.

You cannot tell me that is not true.
    03-24-13 03:50 PM
    If certain developers and companies put a third the effort they put into making excuses for lack of BlackBerry support and advertising they do for their iOS/Droid support into making BlackBerry 10 apps, there would be about 33% more apps available right now, including Skype, Netflix, and especially Instagram. I mean hello...now THAT is an app that is hard to develop...basically take Facebook and remove everything but the picture functionality. There is no excuse. This is 95% smartphone descrimination and nothing more.

All I can tell you is neither of us are devs and if it were that simple both of us would be.
    I'd like a free red Z10, oh yes I would.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 03:54 PM
    I look at this as basic business supply and demand concept. Sorry I might offend some loyal Blackberry purist here, but Blackberry is not a household name anymore and that's reality whether you want to believe it or not.

Developers do not spend their time and resources writing code for the fun of it, they do it to make money and right now the demand for apps is not the Blackberry platform. It is for the Apple and Android ones because that is where the demand and revenue is at.

There will be development for BlackBerry OS10 apps, but how much will depend on how the demand for new apps will be from the Blackberry consumer? If the demand is there, the apps will be there to.

This is just basic business principals my friends and is the same regardless of what contry your from or what product your making. First things first, we have to have a successful product so there is a demand?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 03:57 PM
    Give me a break. You serious? It's a new OS from a company with limited resources and they did just fine. Go play with your droid.
    Damn right I'm serious. It Ain't you few core users that keep them afloat. Keep thinking you are and they need to keep old bis crap to stay alive. It worked so well for them before.

So I'm left to wonder if you are serious or just a BlackBerry fan boy that will take whatever they out out.
    03-24-13 04:22 PM
    Developers have the freedom to create applications for whatever platform they wish, it is the DUTY of Blackberry to recruit, attract and develop relationships with them IF THEY WANT TO BE SUCCESSFUL! I have been with blackberry 7 long years and they have never been a app powerhouse, they failed to get in on the ground floor and its hurting them now. We all come here to show our support and loyalty for the brand but we forget that developers don't work for Blackberry. We need to continue to be in the *** of Blackberry executives to do more to attract application developers or build in house apps that will outperform those that refuse to get on board. I was a early adopter of the playbook and got burned spending $1300US on 2 32GB units that had all the right hardware but a half *** software componet. RIM did nothing to soothe my pain. I paid full price for the 9900 because it had the new OS7 and was touted as the "Get Things Done Tool", but it turned out to be a under powered, RAM deficit derivative of the old platform (it couldn't use most of the OS6 apps and suffered from random restarts). You are telling the consumers to go out and develop for the platform but you need to realize that its not the job of the consumer to develop.....rather its the job of the consumer to consume products that they enjoy, products that capture their attention and satisfy there wants and needs. Will BB10 do this for me? I dont know thats why Im on the site to get the opinions of the early adopters, so maybe this time I wont be disappointed in my purchase.
    03-24-13 04:38 PM
    Oh well, we tried. I guess as good as BlackBerry is (or how good we know it is) if we want applications and furthermore if we want to be accepted as normal human beings sooner or later we will have to succumb and use iPhone or Android.

Guess after all this I'll buy the iPhone. According to Men's Health Mag, iPhone users have a better social life anywway.

Btw where the heck did you get the idea that II was asking consumers to develop? I was asking developers...like as in companies...to develop.
    03-24-13 04:40 PM
    Welll, from a technicle,functional standpoint, active frames are superior to widgets because they turn into the full aand allow for minimization. Widgets are just mini-apps mostly for cosmetic purposes honestly.

And I don't know why you are saying it is your fault sarcastically...are you a stubborn developer that refuses to give BlackBerry one last try? If so, don't let the back button hit you on the way out.

Play NOVA3, then peek into your hub and tell me BlackBerry is stilll a "limited platform".

The BlackBerry Z10 is the only smartphone I want to use. If it were not there I would probably choose a Jitterbug for emergencies in my car over Android's insecure, resource hogging "everything is one big advertising experiment" OS, or Apple's plethora of all the apps in the world but with a dumbed down OS that has minimal configuration and comes with Apple's control-the-consumer mentality, or Windows Phone 8's so-bad-and-f'ugly-its-comical sad excuse for an OS. I am not religious yet I pray Microsoft returns to a Windows 7 philosophy ASAP.

That's my opinion. Flame me if you wish. For me BlackBerry is where it's at.
    I can play nova 3 on a note or note 2 and push a button to bring up my Samsung hub too. Not sure why everyone thinks this hub thing is so awesome. It isn't.
    If the hub is the all en and end all for you...your nothing more then an office worker who needs a device for communication. sadky.
    These devices offer so much more when done properly.

Security?? I'm sure there are those that absolutely need it. I'm also pretty sure no one gives a rats are what's on your phone.
    03-24-13 04:44 PM

The devs all saw BlackBerry 7 was done and didn't care. They also didn't think Os10 was worth developing for either...or they would have.
    03-24-13 04:46 PM
    The devs all saw BlackBerry 7 was done and didn't care. They also didn't think Os10 was worth developing for either...or they would have.
    Okay, okay, you win. I mean security....I was talking about the malwar cesspool their appstore has been and howmobile banking on your Droid could lead to an empty bank account but whatever,who cares? What's life without idenity theft, right?

You win. I will throw my BlackBerry out and buy an Android or iPhone. They are the superior genes. Diversity is bad.
    03-24-13 04:54 PM
    Okay, okay, you win. I mean security....I was talking about the malwar cesspool their appstore has been and howmobile banking on your Droid could lead to an empty bank account but whatever,who cares? What's life without idenity theft, right?

You win. I will throw my BlackBerry out and buy an Android or iPhone. They are the superior genes. Diversity is bad.
    Dunno about that..
    of everyone gave a fuk...BlackBerry would still be relevant in the wireless industry..
    Not a footnote
    03-24-13 04:59 PM
    Damn right I'm serious. It Ain't you few core users that keep them afloat. Keep thinking you are and they need to keep old bis crap to stay alive. It worked so well for them before.

So I'm left to wonder if you are serious or just a BlackBerry fan boy that will take whatever they out out.
    You are something else bud. I haven't been joking with you. Your point to compare BB10 functionality to Androids is not well thought out. What was the original android OS like? You expect too much from a company like BlackBerry. They have done well but still have a long way to go with limited resources in comparison to their competition. I have an old 9900 that does what I want it to do, so no, I don't just buy whatever they put out. If my BIS server crashes I'm SOL. Eliminating BIS was another thing BB tried to change to be more like their competitors. That doesn't mean nobody is happy with their latest OS because of no BIS. They are still working on the little bugs that will only pop up once it's in the hands of the public. Let them do that instead of firing at them for not being perfect. So telling me they have to be like Android and then saying they should go back again to BIS is a silly argument. Just because it doesn't do all the little crap your phone of choice does, does not make it useless. Your insinuating that I might be a blackberry fan boy is just dumb and your argument of not having widgets (dumb) shows your own bias. So go play with your android and get your negativity off this forum. I welcome you back when you have the ability to give constructive arguments without attacking fans on this forum.
    03-25-13 02:06 PM
    The original droid wasn't brought out to save Google. This one was. And it's been long enough in the making...that it missed.
    Even BlackBerry guys barely want to touch it.
    03-25-13 02:26 PM
    You are something else bud. I haven't been joking with you. Your point to compare BB10 functionality to Androids is not well thought out. What was the original android OS like? You expect too much from a company like BlackBerry. They have done well but still have a long way to go with limited resources in comparison to their competition. I have an old 9900 that does what I want it to do, so no, I don't just buy whatever they put out. If my BIS server crashes I'm SOL. Eliminating BIS was another thing BB tried to change to be more like their competitors. That doesn't mean nobody is happy with their latest OS because of no BIS. They are still working on the little bugs that will only pop up once it's in the hands of the public. Let them do that instead of firing at them for not being perfect. So telling me they have to be like Android and then saying they should go back again to BIS is a silly argument. Just because it doesn't do all the little crap your phone of choice does, does not make it useless. Your insinuating that I might be a blackberry fan boy is just dumb and your argument of not having widgets (dumb) shows your own bias. So go play with your android and get your negativity off this forum. I welcome you back when you have the ability to give constructive arguments without attacking fans on this forum.
    Got no options...work says must use this....all I want is one device to do it all. And BlackBerry needed to deliver it. They didn't.
    03-25-13 02:28 PM
    Brother!!! Don't bother feeding the ******

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 02:38 PM
    Brother!!! Don't bother feeding the ******

Posted via CB10
    Expected from someone who takes what they are given.
    03-25-13 02:52 PM
    Got no options...work says must use this....all I want is one device to do it all. And BlackBerry needed to deliver it. They didn't.
    Yes. Very high expectations. Just enjoy what we have. Technology is ever changing. I understand that any new OS should build on what is already available but execution is difficult and requires much more than just having the ability to build it. BlackBerry will get there. They didn't deliver for you but many are more than happy and that includes past nay-sayers and critics. They need the support of those that are appreciative of what they have done for the mobile communications market and they have to be able to evolve through constructive criticism not just from their own user base but from the industry itself. That includes all of us fans at Mobile Nations. I personally cannot wait to see how Apple and Google respond. New innovations and ideas in the mobile OS industry benefits all.
    03-25-13 03:12 PM
    Personally if everyone had a Z10 I would probably want a droid. I want what everyone else doesn't have, I like being a bit different...
    03-25-13 06:57 PM
39 12