From pretty much every hands on and review I have read today, it has come to my attention that the status bar at the top of the device goes away once an application has launched. This is a big deal for me as an android heavy user. Not being able to glance at the top of my display and view the time, battery status, notification, or signal identifier while writing an email or web browsing for instance is a pretty big deal. I can't see how leaving this functionality out could make anyone more of a productive user on this platform. Is there any known way this can be remedied through a setting of some sort? This, and a few other big annoyances combined with the late U.S. launch date has me seriously reconsidering me adopting this platform early on like i expecting.

my honest reaction to today's events
    01-30-13 01:56 PM
    I would agree that it seems bizarre not to be able to see time / signal strength / battery at all times
    01-30-13 02:01 PM
    I guess it will work the same as currently on playbook - in any application you can simply swipe from top left or top right corner to show the status/notification bar for a moment. Works great and I use it a lot on PB, especially checking the time when playing some games.
    01-30-13 02:31 PM
    Can anyone confirm this? I like how the notification bar works on the PB. Allowing the application to use the entire screen. Or perhaps if they make it optional to stay visible all the time or hidden. I think that would make everyone happy.

I guess it will work the same as currently on playbook - in any application you can simply swipe from top left or top right corner to show the status/notification bar for a moment. Works great and I use it a lot on PB, especially checking the time when playing some games.
    02-03-13 12:20 AM
    Can anyone confirm this? I like how the notification bar works on the PB. Allowing the application to use the entire screen. Or perhaps if they make it optional to stay visible all the time or hidden. I think that would make everyone happy.
    In the Hub the status bar is still visible, even when composing messages.
    In most apps it isn't visible, but it's not always possible to swipe down from the top to reveal it like on the PlayBook, as that is where the app settings are.
    The simple way to reveal the status bar whilst in an app, is to lightly swipe upwards. This fractionally minimises the app, thus revealing the status bar.
    02-03-13 01:23 AM
    There are no corner bezel gestures on BB10... they are all either up/down or left/right.
    02-03-13 01:26 AM
    Is there a option for a "glowing LED"? It's a very subtle visual red light in the top corner of the screen letting you know you have a notification waiting.

I know the PlayBook has this but wondering if BB10 does. I haven't seen any anywhere so I'm assuming no. It's a little surprising the LED light is the only visual indicator outside the lock screen. The good news this are small tweaks that can be fixed later.
    02-03-13 01:35 AM
    There are no corner bezel gestures on BB10... they are all either up/down or left/right.
    Well, if you are using the playbook you can swipe from bottom up to 'window' the current app... this shows the status bar and any other windowed apps, I do this sometimes to check the time and then just tap the window to go back into the app (sometimes the bottom up is quicker than a top corner down, depending on where my hand is on the screen).

I know that the bottom up swipe windows the current app on Z10... does it show the status bar?
    02-03-13 01:38 AM
    Diagonal from the bottom right corner goes back in an app - finding this one the hardest to get to work consistently though. Might be just the Android apps? (I've had it work on WordPress and Sophie Reader)
    02-03-13 01:39 AM
    Is there a option for a "glowing LED"? It's a very subtle visual red light in the top corner of the screen letting you know you have a notification waiting.
    Nope, just the same flashing red LED, like on the current phones.
    If you receive a text, you get the usual 'splat' notification on the Text Messages icon on the home screen.
    02-03-13 01:43 AM
    Umm...this was actually a smart decision. I'm going to get the Z10 from a Nexus 4 and I'm really glad I won't have that annoying bar at the top all the time. I think it's really progressive on blackberrys part. To view te time, you use the same gesture to view notifications. You swipe up from the bottom, but keep your finger on the screen. Then pull your finger back. You can see the time, and notifications without minimizing the app. That's the beauty of peak. I kind of realized it would take people a while to get used to this. It's the same as when I got my first Mac. I remember thinking "no hard drive light?? No way! How can I use this laptop?" I eventually learned to love the cleanliness. Same thing here.
    02-03-13 01:44 AM
    With the cool and fast multitasking you can simply swipe up as if you are minimizing the app, see the status bar info, then swipe back down to return to the app - really simple.
    02-03-13 01:46 AM
    Well, if you are using the playbook you can swipe from bottom up to 'window' the current app... this shows the status bar and any other windowed apps, I do this sometimes to check the time and then just tap the window to go back into the app (sometimes the bottom up is quicker than a top corner down, depending on where my hand is on the screen).

I know that the bottom up swipe windows the current app on Z10... does it show the status bar?
    It does, but you don't need to swipe all the way up and 'window' the app... just a slight drag upwards will minimise the app enough to see the status bar, then let go to maximise it back to full size.
    FSeverino likes this.
    02-03-13 01:47 AM
    With the cool and fast multitasking you can simply swipe up as if you are minimizing the app, see the status bar info, then swipe back down to return to the app - really simple.
    Nice, thats what i thought. Plus you get all that extra space on the top now!
    Boyko Yordanov likes this.
    02-03-13 01:48 AM