did anybody try sideloading the android app?

in the meantime, just do as others are suggesting and save the barcode as an image.
    02-08-13 05:53 AM
    Blackberry answer: there is no need to worry, the Z10 at the moment has 70,000 applications for your.

Oh, wait, 0.01429% of them are really useful. You can dismiss the rest.

Still wondering about a Starbucks app? please refer to Blackberry answer in line 1.
    02-08-13 06:04 AM
    did anybody try sideloading the android app?

in the meantime, just do as others are suggesting and save the barcode as an image.
    I've tried side loading and app opens and closes.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-08-13 07:53 AM
    Can't believe what I'm reading here, you NEED an app to buy a coffee??? Erm....ok!!!
    02-08-13 08:06 AM
    Can't believe what I'm reading here, you NEED an app to buy a coffee??? Erm....ok!!!
    No but the app will assist in informing you how many stars you have and when rewards are available as your rewards can expire I believe 2 weeks after.

02-08-13 08:48 AM
    Sign the Petition and lets get things ROLLING.
    Starbucks App for BlackBerry 10 Devices.
    Petition Starbucks App for BlackBerry 10 Devices.

I also posted this on my Temp Blog:
    BlackBerry 10 - Recipe On How To Attract Android And iOS Users
    http://atinsider.simplesite.com/
    I have to pay to sign the petition?
    02-08-13 08:49 AM
    Signed the petition! Also contacted customer support to tell them I would love to have the app for BlackBerry 10. Hope they listen!
    02-08-13 10:56 AM
    Blackberry answer: there is no need to worry, the Z10 at the moment has 70,000 applications for your.

Oh, wait, 0.01429% of them are really useful. You can dismiss the rest.

Still wondering about a Starbucks app? please refer to Blackberry answer in line 1.
    Per capita... the same amount on any other platform are actually useful!!
    02-08-13 08:54 PM
    I doubt starbucks is going to release an app for BB10. Until their precious iphone get's NFC i would say this is dead in the water.
    02-08-13 08:56 PM
    Signed....
    Signed and "bit.ly"ed the URL for spreading it around: Petition Starbucks App for BlackBerry 10 Devices.
    02-08-13 09:08 PM
    Wait a minute.... You mean you all are seriously requesting a fckn Starbucks app?!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
    Last edited by KOOLWATER; 02-08-13 at 09:29 PM.
    02-08-13 09:11 PM
    I would also suggest calling Starbucks customer service directly by phone (toll-free number, NOT your local store) or by writing them a letter by regular mail to demand/request an app for BlackBerry. They do listen to customers. See starbucks .com for contact information:
    Customer Service | Starbucks Coffee Company
    02-09-13 03:25 AM
    I guess they can make an app for that in time for the American release since Starbucks matters more there. The Tim Hortons app is making me quite happy :]

02-09-13 03:47 AM
    We also need to hope with our fingers crossed that the update for android runtime comes soon - that alone may open many apps for us that previously were "un-sideload-able", like Starbucks.
    stacehamilton likes this.
    02-09-13 03:01 PM
    Wait a minute.... You mean you all are seriously requesting a fckn Starbucks app?!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
    Hey, think about the credibility this gives to Blackberry, and in turn what Starbucks views as more customers or retaining existing ones. There's a win-win situation I see here.
    02-09-13 09:05 PM
    I would use that app too.. I tweeted to Starbucks Canada earlier today about it.. maybe I should tweet it to the regular Stabucks account
    02-09-13 09:06 PM
    I would definitely use that.... I could get away with a side loaded android app, but it would rock to have a dedicates app.. Nifty that one..
    02-09-13 09:16 PM
    I would definitely use that.... I could get away with a side loaded android app, but it would rock to have a dedicates app.. Nifty that one..
    Side loaded app does not work sadly.

fragment137 likes this.
    02-09-13 09:32 PM
    What is wrong with paying a Frappe or a Coffee using Credit Card or Cash?? I don't get it O_O
    02-09-13 11:36 PM
    I too would love this and buy an app.... As far as the E_petitions go though guys. Direct from house of Commons Canada.

The House of Commons

The Canadian House of Commons has a rather extensive Practical Guide to petitions. E-petitions are not accepted. Citizens wishing to petition parliament must ensure that their petitions meets the criteria outlined in the guide, and then find an MP willing to present their petition in the House. The guide is very specific, for example:
    The text of a petition must be handwritten, typed, printed or photocopied on sheets of paper of usual size, i.e. measuring 21.5 cm x 28 cm (8 1/2 x 11 inches) or 21.5 cm x 35.5 cm (8 1/2 x 14 inches). A petition submitted on paper of irregular size, or on any other material, is not acceptable.
    The text of a petition must not be altered either by erasing or crossing out words or by adding words or commentary. Any alteration will make the petition unacceptable.
    A petition must be free of any other matter attached or appended to or written or printed on the petition, whether in the form of additional documents, maps, pictures, logos, news articles, explanatory or supporting statements, or requests for support. A petition printed on the reverse of a document (for example a newsletter or a Member�s Householder or Ten Percenter) is not acceptable.
    If a petition is composed of more than one sheet of signatures and addresses, the subject-matter of the petition must be indicated on every sheet.
    The petition must receive at least 25 signatures in order to be certified for presentation to the House. The signatures of any MPs will not count towards the 25 required signatures.
    Signatures must not be photocopied.
    02-10-13 08:27 AM
    What is wrong with paying a Frappe or a Coffee using Credit Card or Cash?? I don't get it O_O
    If you do not participate in the Starbucks reward program (ex: free drinks), you would not be interested in the app. It works in a similar manner to the airline apps that allow you to check in with no boarding pass by showing an electronic boarding pass with a bar code. I love those.

1. If you want to collect the rewards, you must transact through a Starbucks card, or use the app. I keep my big stack of affinity cards in my car (cards for grocery store, pharmacy, etc.). I never remember to take my card into the store. And when walking from the office or traveling I don't even have my cards with me. But I always have my phone with me.

2. Starbucks now expires the rewards quickly. The app makes it easy to know that, and use your reward before it expires.

3. On iOS, the Starbucks app is optionally integrated with Passbook. Another option will push a notification when you are in a store designated as "preferred" so you can easily pay without needing to find and start the app. Starbucks uses a bar code reader rather than NFC, probably because it is very fast and works with any device that has a screen (lowest common denominator). The readers are adjacent to each register. I had never noticed them before using the app. You just wave your phone in front of it, then hear a beep. The bar codes are generated per-transaction so no worries about copying the bar code.

4. You can optionally configure the app to reload your card balance from a credit card (password protected of course) either with a button push or automatically. This saves time at the register when your card balance is not enough for the purchase.

5. Some people like the periodic notices with free iTunes song downloads.
    stacehamilton likes this.
    02-10-13 12:33 PM
    This happends once in a while. It happened to me, so I gave them $5. Didn't have to but as long as it goes to good use.

Also if you all like copy and paste the starbucks petition link in other forums, blogs, etc., to give it more exposure.

Found this online, Sign the Petition and lets get things ROLLING.
    Starbucks App for BlackBerry 10 Devices.
    Petition Starbucks App for BlackBerry 10 Devices.

I also posted this on my Temp Blog:
    BlackBerry 10 - Recipe On How To Attract Android And iOS Users
    http://atinsider.simplesite.com/
    02-10-13 08:52 PM
    While I'm the biggest believer in supporting the local coffee shops and that Starbucks is low quality coffee, there have been times where I am traveling and a Starbucks app would have come in handy (especially in an airport or location with limited choice). I get a lot of SB gift cards as gifts and instead of trying to keep track of all of them or carry them around, I could just pay for my coffee with my phone.
    02-10-13 09:01 PM
    Gold card is the only way to go...I get my 12 stars mostly buy buying a grande bold coffee for $1.75, then use my free rewards for a $6+ quad shot mocha or something...the app made it easier to quickly know when you have a reward available or how close you were to the next one...also reloaded plenty of time while waiting in line...handy
    02-10-13 09:13 PM
    The Starbucks app offers free music downloads, free food on your birthday and some other neat features - including not needing your Starbucks card to make purchases - that's why it is popular...
    04-01-13 02:51 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD