Yesterday after watching a few S4 hands on videos, I can't help feeling that Android is stalled in terms of UI. While iOS is the oldest smart phone OS on the planet, Android isn't trailing too far behind neither. Everything is so... predictable, and unattractive

Look at my Z10, yes its functions are limited comparing to the other two at the moment, but the potential is enormous. The UI is refreshing and well thought through, with a clear design objective on every aspect of the design -- to minimize the time and effort you need to use the phone. The design reduces the cost of context switching for user so if the user is efficient, the phone can keep up with the user. No lag, no stutter.

It's not an app launcher clustered with features or settings you need to run the phone, it's the flow. You flow in and out, one hand or two hands, never break a sweat on doing anything, seldom need a thumb extender.

I think BBRY did it this time. I am looking forward for what's yet to come in the following years.
    shads77 likes this.
    03-15-13 07:51 PM
    I totally agree. I was not impressed by the S4 at all. It has been so long since we've seen something totally different. BB10 is that totally different.

I still feel like people are having a hard time getting past the BlackBerry reputation of dated and unreliable. But in time I'm sure.
    03-15-13 08:53 PM
    Agreed...it's been a long time since I've used a phone that works for me, the way I like to work, with the things that are valuable to me, and does it smoothly and efficiently. Even thought there are small details still left to tie up, there was a lot of thought put into the UX of BB10 and I'm actually really excited to see how it matures.
    03-15-13 09:09 PM
    I second that.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:34 PM
    Agreed. Android still experiencing stutter and lag even after jelly bean due to software not implemented properly for each oems

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk 2
    03-15-13 10:37 PM
    I would not have agreed a couple of weeks ago, but the z10 is turning into a "Crackberry" for me the more I use it. The first week or so that I had it, I felt that bb10 was missing a distinctive feel - it was feeling fairly generic to me. But, now that I am used to using it on a regular basis I cannot imagine myself going to another touchscreen device.

For me, I absolutely am loving the hub and the ease with which I bounce between applications, emails, and my music list. It is just...seamless...quick...smooth. And, the web browser is fantastic! Yeah, there are things that need to be tied up, and there are times where I am aware that it is an OS in its infancy, but I cannot see myself jumping ship.

Plus, the phone feels great in the hand. It is a phone that gets better with use.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 12:17 AM
    Android is nice, but now after using Z10, its hard to type on my Android keyboard and I keep swiping to close an app.
    03-16-13 12:53 AM
    I used to use iOS and Android for my private phones, while using BlackBerry as a company phone.
    Since I got my Z10 (for work), I use far less my iPhone 5.

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    03-16-13 06:35 AM
    Android is nice, but now after using Z10, its hard to type on my Android keyboard and I keep swiping to close an app.
    Lol yes every single time I go from my play book to my Android I always try to swipe it awake then swipe up to switch apps. I'll admit it is apparently more "natural" for me. Then again, I keep trying to swipe type the play book keyboard so I guess we're even
    03-16-13 07:22 AM