Here's an email reply I received this evening from the development team at the Score sports app when inquiring about push alerts for soccer on their BlackBerry app or on adding Scoremobile FC.(soccer) app to Blackberry.

"Hey there,

Ali from theScore here.

We currently don't have any development plans for BB10 as we've pooled all of our resources to our Android and iOS apps. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
    Ali"

With that said, will there come a day when Android apps push notifications to BlackBerry devices?

Secondly does anyone know of any other app that pushes real time scores to your blackberry device as the Score used to do?

I've tried soccerticker (no alerts) and can't get fotmob to work.

Cheers

PS: F#*k the Score. Traitors. Given they were taken over by Sportsnet maybe we'll get something from them. (hopefully)

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    Relletti likes this.
    03-18-14 11:46 PM
    Bites! Especially since their mobile platform site indicates BB10 platform is "push supported" and that they hope to offer push alerts for all platforms. BB users get hooped again.

https://thescore.uservoice.com/knowl...s-availability
    Relletti likes this.
    03-19-14 12:31 AM
    That sucks....well I'll continue to just use the browser to check up on my teams and scores. There is currently no good sports app in BlackBerry World IMO.

Posted from my awesome Z30
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-19-14 12:43 AM
    Download the android version? I'm trying that now actually
    03-19-14 02:38 AM
    Download the android version? I'm trying that now actually
    I have the Android version too (both their score app and the score FC apps) problem is I'm a soccer nut and love push alerts (real time) and the droid versions don't push to blackberry. That's the only thing I envy about my son's iPhone. Damn this sucks

03-19-14 02:57 AM
    Ya my previous iPhone was amazing with alerts. Blah, I can't even get the android version to open on my z10. Just the home loading screen. Deleted. Oh well.
    03-19-14 03:17 AM
    Yeah, It really sucks that allot of these great apps are ditching Blackberry for Android and Apple IOS platforms. I send emails all the time to the developers about not supporting Blackberry, but all I get is the same generic response.

I would have thought that someone at Blackberry would be doing some PR and trying to keep these folks on board in the Blackberry App World?

It makes me wonder if anybody cares anymore? Seems all the focus is on the enterprise side of the business? In this current market you have to have some sort of stable app ecosystem, I understand that we can run some Android apps now, but allot of the ones don't work properly and lack notification functions.

I prefer using native apps rather then Android ones, but when the Android ones don't work and the native ones are no longer supported by the developers, we are back to square one folks???

Sent using CB Forum App
    03-19-14 05:50 AM
    Let them. More n more ppl in know with iPhone n android are waiting for new BlackBerry to come out or desperate for a Z30. They will all come back eventually
    03-19-14 04:08 PM
    In my experience score mobile was always slow to load on my 9700, 9810, and z10.

I found that espn mobile website was enough for my needs. If I want score updates on a game, I am usually there or at least watching it on TV.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 04:16 PM
    Is anyone using the Android version of The Score app and if so, have you figured out a way to get the push notifications?

Thanks

03-30-14 10:55 PM
    The Score is good. But I use At Bat for my baseball and Game Center for my hockey. It helps when I want to watch or listen to Games

Post by 9of13's Q
    03-30-14 11:14 PM
    In my opinion the score has been a really weak app for a long time on all platforms. Most people I know don't use it anymore.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:18 PM
    The Score as a TV station was bought out and switched over to sportnet 360.. expect the app to slowly taken down

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:20 PM
    anyone use cbs sports app? Has news and scoring, does what I need. Even has premier league.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 12:55 AM
    I'm looking for all sports including soccer.

Is anyone using FotMob for soccer and if so do you care to share your experience with that app.

For me, soccer is a must for most live score sports app. The Score and Scoremobile FC did the trick on my Bold 9900. If I could figure out how to get the alerts to push to my Z30 it would be all I need

03-31-14 08:05 AM
    This is starting to really turn my crank.

So I've already posted about the score pulling blackberry support.

I downloaded FotMob from Blackberry world today as a means to get my live soccer scores.

I emailed the developer with a question about live push alerts as stated in the description.

Here's the reply:

"Sorry but Blackberry is not a supported platform any longer :-(
    Christer Nordvik, CEO"

So another developer pulling blackberry support.

I figured out on my own that to get in game live score notifications I have to keep the app open (I presume this is what is meant by it not being a headless app). The live scoring notifications are then pushed to my phone. (you would think the CEO would know that!!!)

What is more worrisome is the amount of app developers abandoning BlackBerry support/development. This Z30 is the best device I've ever owned but it's hard not to second guess the decision to go BlackBerry again when I keep seeing stuff like this.

We need a way to ensure that Android Apps run headless in os 10.3 given that the device supports Android now. Don't stop at compatibility...Let's shoot for full functionality.

Sorry for the rant

03-31-14 03:42 PM
    When I emailed him to tell him I discovered the solution myself he replied as follows:

"Hehe, it's not a bright future for Blackberry. Sorry!
    Christer Nordvik, CEO"

03-31-14 03:46 PM
    TheScore app was a piece of **** for bb10. I deleted it so fast when the TSN app came out. They're still both behind iOS and Android and there's not much you can about that.

But I'd say we really didn't lose much here. TheScore was soooo slow, glitchy, poor navigation, and just not appealing.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 03:56 PM
    TheScore was soooo slow, glitchy, poor navigation, and just not appealing.
    That seemed to happen after it got sold to Sportsnet.
    03-31-14 04:24 PM
    "Hey there,

Ali from theScore here.

We currently don't have any development plans for BB10 as we've pooled all of our resources to our Android and iOS apps. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
    Ali"
    Gotta appreciate their honesty. Does that mean no more support for Windows Phone too?
    03-31-14 04:26 PM
    Is it the same thing for Sportsnet?