On Twitter today

Research In Motion ‏ @BlackBerryDev

If you bring your app to #PlayBook today, it will be ready for the launch of #BlackBerry10! #TheMoreYouKnow ^BZ
    All you need to know about BB10. BB10 OS is PlayBook OS is BB10 OS. My guess is, that the apps will run the same, only scaled down for the phones. Which would also hint that the phone will have the same bezel features as the PlayBook.
    02-27-12 12:15 PM
    WebWorks development for bbos 7 is being heavily encouraged by RIM as the HTML5 based WebWorks can be easily converted to BB10 with minimal effort.
    02-27-12 01:40 PM
    Yes, they are encouraging developers to program on the PlayBook saying the apps will run on OS10 when it is released. My guess is the apps will need to be repackaged for bb10 when it is released. Some changes to the UI may also need to be done to apps taking into consideration the smaller screen on a phone, but they said the same aspect ratio will be used.
    02-27-12 01:54 PM
    Scaled down? Or scaled up?

Hmm.

Or not scaled at all?

Hmmmm.
    02-27-12 01:59 PM
    My guess is the apps will need to be repackaged for bb10 when it is released. Some changes to the UI may also need to be done to apps taking into consideration the smaller screen on a phone, but they said the same aspect ratio will be used.
    Well, that's what I thought initially, but the Tweet says if you put it on the PlayBook today, it will be ready for BB10 at Launch. Which to me, is not the same as repackaging.

Of course, it could be more use of words on limited character tweet.
    02-27-12 02:18 PM
    https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/devzone/platforms

Ahhhh.... check it out. BB10 icon next to PlayBook and BB Phone.
    andrewmcwhirter likes this.
    02-27-12 02:21 PM
    Scaled down is to be expected due to screen resolution, if it's lower than the playbook's 1024x600.
    02-27-12 02:41 PM
    I think this was brought to our attention in November from Alec S.:

"Look, if you build [an app] for the PlayBook, then it will run on BBX. We have maintained aspect ratios, BBX also has the ability to upload multiple dimension graphics … [and the standard resolutions] are the same as PlayBook," he said.

RIM's BBX Phones Won't Look Like Bold, Will Support BES | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    RIM: BBX smartphones will have same resolution, aspect ratio as PlayBook, BES support, too -- Engadget
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-27-12 07:23 PM
    OP : is the [Speculation] yours or mod's ?

From what I've heard @ Devcon Europe needforBBX ^^^ is right.
    IMHO this is even one of the top reasons why PB is (still) here ... QNX on a niche market before OS10 on the whole.
    02-28-12 05:30 AM
    OP : is the [Speculation] yours or mod's ?

From what I've heard @ Devcon Europe needforBBX ^^^ is right.
    IMHO this is even one of the top reasons why PB is (still) here ... QNX on a niche market before OS10 on the whole.
    My speculation.

Most people assumed it would require a rebuild to run on the phone. I am speculating that it won't. I am speculating that if you build it once, it will run on both the PlayBook and the BB10 phones.
    02-28-12 06:42 AM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    My speculation.

Most people assumed it would require a rebuild to run on the phone. I am speculating that it won't. I am speculating that if you build it once, it will run on both the PlayBook and the BB10 phones.
    I AGREE! and that's the whole strategy behind RIM .... consistency between tablet and phone ... great for users of either or both products!!! ... win -win!
    02-28-12 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD