something critical to be aware of re: Gmail syncing & the Hub
just got caught out by this (missed a really important email) and discovered:
if you set the display format for your emails in the Hub to 'conversation style' (so that messages on the same thread are grouped - very helpful) but a folder which one of the messages is in is not set to be synced, then fresh inbox replies to that chain (in a folder that is set to be synced i.e. Inbox) won't get shown to you in the Hub. They do get downloaded to the device, but you have to search for them.
It transpires that /GOOGLEMAIL/SENT ITEMS is a sub folder that's affected by this. What does this mean?
It means any chain you reply to using your Blackberry, subsequent replies to that message will not be displayed in the Hub.
"Solution" is to disable 'conversation style' for thread display.
- 02-04-13, 02:55 PM #2
Re: something critical to be aware of re: Gmail syncing & the Hub
I found this an issue on many smart phone os's and always opt out of conversation threads. It is more emails to look at but you won't miss them. Good call
- 02-04-13, 03:25 PM #3
i hate conversation mode anyway.. i miss them much more then when conversation is turned off..
i hated the fact that i couldn't turn off conversation on my Nexus 4 and S3!
- By Lyons88 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 6Last Post: 05-12-10, 07:46 AM
- By lorax1284 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 01-09-10, 11:23 PM
- By Tiako44 in forum SprintReplies: 18Last Post: 08-09-09, 02:34 PM
- By drpietrzak in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 10-30-08, 10:34 AM
- By John Yester in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 11Last Post: 02-12-08, 08:13 PM