Hello,

Very satisfied Z10 user here with just a few tiny things I cannot figure out. I have searched the forums and google but never quite found an working response so I thought I would try here. I hope my questions make some sense

1. If I understood correctly (and I am not happy about this), in BB10 contact pictures in BBM cannot be set by me like in the earlier OS, they have to be set (or updated) by my contact in his/her BBM application. Afterwards, they will show up in mine. However, if I add someone to my BBM contacts, who is already in my normal Contacts application and who has a profile picture in the Contacts application and I then link the BBM contact to the corresponding entry in the Contacts application, why oh why does the profile picture not show up in the BBM application??

2. So people can have multiple profile pictures in the Contacts application (among others the Facebook, linkedin pictures etc), do they rotate? Sometimes I feel the picture in the Contacts application rotates but when they call me I always see the same profile picture in the incoming call screen, which is usually not the one showing in the Contacts application at the same moment.

3. Under the old OS there was a �me� entry on the phone linked to all your profiles. Under BB10 however, I have to create a Contact entry for myself and then I even have to link that to my own BBM contact of myself (the Contact entry for myself keeps showing the button saying �Invite to BBM�, even though it is already linked, plus�..well�.it�s me!!, my own BBM on my own phone!!!�.why would I have to invite myself?!!

4. Similar to question 3, so I make a contact for myself and add a link to my Linkedin profile. When I do this for other contacts and press the linkedin name/logo in their contact entry, it opens the linkedin app and takes me to their page (obviously), however, if I press the same option in the contact card for myself, the linkedin app opens and states: �failed to retrieve profile information, internal system error�. However, when I press the �back� button in the linkedin application I do actually go to my home page, so it seems it loaded it but just refuses to display my page immediately, contrary to my other contacts. So again, it�s me, on my own phone�why does it properly link to other people�s pages but not my own? Plus my linkedin profile picture does not show up in the Contacts application like it does will all other contacts that I have linked to their respective linkedin profiles?

These are just some small things that always make me go �facepalm� as I just don�t understand how or why? If anyone could shed some light that would be most appreciated!

Thanks!!
    03-05-14 03:18 AM
    I can only help with # 2. The multiple contact pictures are available for you to select. If you select FB as your contact picture from the contact app. Whenever the person updates his FB picture it will change and should change when he/she calls.
    I had problems when I sent my contacts over from my 9930. It stored local pictures and that came up every time. I had to delete them all.
    I have not experienced them ever rotating.
    Contacts are a real pain and require lots of time to get sorted out. At least they were for me.

With #1 I also have the same symptom. I think the BBM picture is the only one that show up in BBM.
    03-05-14 09:40 AM
    Thanks for the response. The weird thing is still that even if I select a different profile picture in the Contacts app, it still shows the FB picture on incomming calls. I will delete the facebook picture from the contact entry..... maybe that helps.

Thanks again. Situation 1 and 3 really annoy me because it seems there is no logic whatsoever to it.
    03-06-14 09:03 AM
    Thanks for the response. The weird thing is still that even if I select a different profile picture in the Contacts app, it still shows the FB picture on incomming calls. I will delete the facebook picture from the contact entry..... maybe that helps.

Thanks again. Situation 1 and 3 really annoy me because it seems there is no logic whatsoever to it.
    Number 3 is super annoying. I have a q10 so I turn off the BBM pictures for more room for text.

when I transferred over from my old phone. It moved the FB picture as a stored picture. So when I actually went to look at the multiple pictures. I had 2 of the same picture. I had to delete the locally stored one. Pick a day when you are bored and just spend a couple of hours sorting everything out. Good luck.

Another thing with contacts. When you link them. Ensure the number, e-mail etc, match whatever the FB or linked in is pulling from the server. if FB says work then make sure your local contact e-mail is set to work. otherwise you will end up with duplicate e-mail entries. Also with numbers if FB has +18885551212 (US version), then make sure you add the +1 (for US) to your local contact before linking. else it will also duplicate then numbers. Sort of a side note, but may help. This is extremely frustrating, because everyone yahoo, FB, linkedin, store their information differently. There should be a standard. On the brighter side, iphone people seem to have the same problem.
    03-06-14 09:14 AM
    +1 on this. There's an opportunity here to be a bit more thoughtful about the Contacts application, and a bit smarter. I hope BB will take up the challenge. Users should not have to deal with multiple duplicate phone numbers just because of a slight formatting difference ... This is 2014; OK Palm Pilot had issues with duplicate entries; today's devices should recognize such things and sort it without help. At the very least, if contact entries are duplicated, the device could show side-by-side, field by field compare/blacklines of the content to assist the user in identifying the information to keep or merge or discard. So sick of duplicate or otherwise screwed up contact information ... It's been decades of the same crap already I mean seriously.
    06-28-14 09:37 AM