I've been watching some demos and I have a few questions about the BB10 launcher user interface.

1. In the Playbook, you can swipe from the bezel to switch between recent apps. Is this functionality available in BB10?
    2. When you're in the "home screen", a swipe left allows you to peek at the notifications. How do you check the notifications when an app is in the foreground?
    3. Saw the recent video on the google talk and yahoo messenger app. Are messages from tehse apps integrated in the Hub?
    4. I like the swipe gestures to peek and bring up more options. What happens if you are in a drawing program and want to draw horizonal lines?
    5. The swipe from the top to bring up help and settings seems unnecessary. Couldn't help and settings have been accomodated in the swipe left-options dialog?
    11-09-12 10:13 AM
    1. In the Playbook, you can swipe from the bezel to switch between recent apps. Is this functionality available in BB10?
    at this point you can not swipe left or right to go to different apps

2. When you're in the "home screen", a swipe left allows you to peek at the notifications. How do you check the notifications when an app is in the foreground?
    you swipe up from the bottom and hold your finger in the middle of the screen and you will see the amount of each message you have, then you start to swipe right and you will get a peek at the hub

3. Saw the recent video on the google talk and yahoo messenger app. Are messages from tehse apps integrated in the Hub?
    I am assume that it would be up to the developer to hook into the hub

4. I like the swipe gestures to peek and bring up more options. What happens if you are in a drawing program and want to draw horizonal lines?
    the developer can disable peek, for example in the picture viewer you can peek, but if you zoom in on the picture the peek is disabled so that you can move the image around on the screen

5. The swipe from the top to bring up help and settings seems unnecessary. Couldn't help and settings have been accomodated in the swipe left-options dialog?
    there is not swipe left, the menu that comes in from the right of the screen is a context menu and the swipe down is an application menu
    Qaxl and notfanboy like this.
    11-09-12 10:22 AM