Hi guys, long time BB user here, just got the new Q10 and have some questions...

1. On my 9930 when I hold the up volume button, it will skip to the next track, down to rewind to previous track - this doesn't work any more on the Q10. Is it supposed to work?

2. On my 9930, I have it set so that "n" gets automatically changed to "and". And if "n" is the first letter of the sentence, it will get changed to "And". I have word substitution set up on the Q10 as well, but this does not work anymore. I tried with "Autocorrect with space bar" on and off, does not make a difference.

3. "Hi" at the beginning of a sentence gets auto capitalized to "HI". I guess this issue is related to 2?

Any and all input is much appreciated. Thank you!
    10-04-13 06:11 AM
    1- yes it works on the Q10 :
    -go to settings volume music shortcuts (put it ON)

Some BB10 questions-img_00000321.png

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:51 AM
    2+3 =

- settings
    - language and input
    - predictions and corrections
    - word substitution
    - add shortcut

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:55 AM
    1. Thank you!

2. I have added the shortcuts, but they don't actually work... Word substitution is turned on too.

And is there a faster way of deleting messages in the hub than clicking, holding, and then pressing delete? There's no highlight button?
    Last edited by agp423; 10-04-13 at 07:42 AM.
    10-04-13 07:00 AM
    And when I get a new notification, is there a way for the screen to turn on and only show the message preview screen?
    10-04-13 10:10 AM
    1. Thank you!

2. I have added the shortcuts, but they don't actually work... Word substitution is turned on too.

And is there a faster way of deleting messages in the hub than clicking, holding, and then pressing delete? There's no highlight button?
    Try a reset by holding the up and down volume keys at the same time. Ignore the screen shot sound and continue holding until you see the blue BlackBerry logo.

As far as deleting messages, if you press and hold a message in the hub, choose select more, then tap to highlight the ones that you want to delete. If you press the slim date bar in the Hub or any individual account, you'll get the option to delete prior, mark prior opened, go to top/bottom. Etc.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    10-04-13 08:20 PM
    And when I get a new notification, is there a way for the screen to turn on and only show the message preview screen?
    With 10.2 you'll get an option to preview your notifications on the lockscreen. Those are just that however, previews. You won't be able to get right to the message when unlocking the screen.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    10-05-13 04:13 AM
    Thanks for all the help. One more question - on the 9930 you can press Q to toggle between two sound profiles. Is there something similar on the Q10?
    10-05-13 06:37 PM
    Thanks for all the help. One more question - on the 9930 you can press Q to toggle between two sound profiles. Is there something similar on the Q10?
    Well since there aren't any (custom) sound profiles in BB10, you can't really toggle between them. What you can do however:
    On a homescreen, swipe down from the top and you'll get an express settings menu. There you can either quickly disable notifications (clicking on the symbol) or quickly go to the specific settings menu for sounds by clicking on the lettering besides the symbol.

The same works btw. for all options you can see there, so if you want to quickly toggle on your alarm, just hit the icon. If you want to adjust it, hit the lettering besides the alarm clock icon to bring up the clock app.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    10-06-13 03:36 AM
    Okay thanks. Another question - when I delete an email in my hub, I can't find it (on my computer) on Gmail. It's not in the inbox or the trash. But when I search for the email in the search bar, it does come up. Anyone know how to change it so that when I delete an email it goes in the trash?
    10-06-13 07:51 AM