Just want to report the following:

I had been having problem with deleting mails from Hub and server. The mails were being deleted only from Hub but left on the server. I searched lots of threads in the forums, and apparently, many people have the same problem. Or, it is the other way around; mails being deleted also from server when they are supposed to be deleted only from Hub.

Before, I thought it was a bug because I am using a leak OS, and I knew that issues exist all the time. I got some free time today, so I went back to finding a solution to it. The most promising solution I found is here, but the resulting deletion from server still seemed random or unmanageable.

During my search, I found this old message about BeBuzz 10's e-mail sync. I have been using the app since the legacy device days but I never paid attention to that particular function. Anyway, I set the app to sync mails whenever I enter and exit the Hub. It effectively works like manual sync. That did it. Now, I can delete mails both from Hub and server. The deletion from server is not only limited to mails in the Inbox but can also include those in other folders, as long as they are shown in the Hub.

Next, I called up a friend, who had been having a reverse problem as mine. He wanted to delete only from Hub but his mails were being deleted also from server. So, I taught him the opposite of the settings here plus the BeBuzz 10 e-mail sync settings (to speed up mail processing). It worked!
    zocster likes this.
    01-07-14 10:09 AM
    Nice Info! Will update title accordingly
    01-07-14 11:51 AM
    Did you have BeBuzz running when you first ran into this issue? Maybe there is a bug with BeBuzz interfering with normal email operations.

You didn't mention what type of email accounts you and your friend have. For what its worth, I have two ActiveSync accounts (one through a BES) and neither have this issue. I also don't use BeBuzz.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-07-14 12:10 PM
    The solution in this case affects Gmail accounts. BeBuzz 10 has always been active on my phone. (That's why I want it to be headless NOW.) Below is my analysis, so far.

I don't think the app had anything to do with the problem of mails not being deleted from both Hub and server. On the contrary, its e-mail sync function is helping speed up the deletion process.

The way I see it, the necessary things involved in executing a successful delete operation are:
    1) Correct settings, which are provided by Alicia Erlich's article.
    2) "Triggering" process, which can be a mail sync instruction coming from BlackBerry (device?) or, in this case, BeBuzz 10.

Without the app's manual sync, I might have to wait for an undetermined time for the default sync coming from BlackBerry to prod the server into making the deleted mails disappear from the folders; hence, the experience of seeing the supposedly deleted mails still on the server (still waiting for a "triggering" process) or disappearing after a while (following a "triggering" process). During this limbo period, one might be fooled into thinking that the settings in (1) are not exactly effective.

Another thing I realized from this was that, like many users who sideload bars and install leak OSs, I tend to believe that similar common issues are inherent bugs of the unofficial software or consequences of tweaking the phone. So, I often leave the matter alone, and wait for the next drops to fix the issues. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
    Last edited by pcuser; 01-07-14 at 07:28 PM.
    01-07-14 06:09 PM