What surprised me is in fact she did not how to use it properly. She was using a finger to pin point the cursor at several attempts like how many people on an iPhone struggle to make amendments.

What got me thinking, is this a common problem? Do you know how to affectively use all the tools given to your aide properly?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 04:14 AM
    I can't even get that damn squircle to come up some times and I just want my trackpad back so I can easily correct things and move the cursor where "I" actually want it to go verses where it ends up trying in vane to move it.
    moody likes this.
    06-05-14 05:12 AM
    Is this a test? Tap top of circle..up one line... tap bottom...yep you guessed it...same guess for left and right side of circle... BB10 is loaded with features that a brief look will miss. 12 months later I still find more....and appreciate it more...

Z30 144GB
    blusls likes this.
    06-05-14 07:13 AM
    FYI. What you are referring to is not a "squircle". This is "Focus". BlackBerry used to use a squircle but has since been removed and most people are not happy about it so don't confuse them.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.512
    moody, kbz1960 and 00stryder like this.
    06-05-14 07:39 AM
    Is this a test? Tap top of circle..up one line... tap bottom...yep you guessed it...same guess for left and right side of circle... BB10 is loaded with features that a brief look will miss. 12 months later I still find more....and appreciate it more...

Z30 144GB
    Ya that doesn't work for everybody. I can't even use the touchscreen sometimes just in general because it doesn't recognize my cold a** fingers
    06-05-14 07:45 AM

Z30 144GB
    Same here.....there is nothing wrong with the cursor method and it works fine within BB10 once you understand how to use it. This is an education problem more then a functional issue. BlackBerry needs to do a better job of highlighting these features so that frustration doesn't continue to fester amongst newly acquired BB10 device owners.

I understand why people find the BlackBerry Classic appealing and I wish every BlackBerry model success in the market. However, I still believe the reappearance of a track pad and tool bar will only fuel the perception that BlackBerry is still the same old horse and pony show.

If it looks like a 9900, then it's gotta be a 9900 right? See where I'm going with this.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 07:50 AM

Z30 144GB
    Which is totally true unless..... the correction needs to come at a place on the farthest right or left of the screen space. then it's a pita to get the cursor where I want it to go.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.296 & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.296
    Oddsocket, 1magine and timboalogo like this.
    06-05-14 07:59 AM
    I'm using a Z10, but I think this still applies to the Q10. The focus circle that comes up has two "gripper" marks on either side. If you touch there, you can move it without covering the cursor. Since they are on both sides, you can move the cursor to the rightmost or leftmost position on the line too.
    06-05-14 09:23 AM
    I hate when it is on the edges and need to nudge it one character. I wish the keyboard had a left/right arrow somewhere to deal with this issue.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-05-14 09:33 AM
    I wish the 10.3 update gives keyboard users some useful shortcut to move the cursor around as well as highlight, copy, cut and paste.

Posted via Q10
    06-05-14 09:37 AM
    What surprised me is in fact she did not how to use it properly. She was using a finger to pin point the cursor at several attempts like how many people on an iPhone struggle to make amendments.

What got me thinking, is this a common problem? Do you know how to affectively use all the tools given to your aide properly?

Posted via CB10
    I must confess that I've struggled with it until recently, when I realised how to use it properly.

This is one of the biggest problems with BB10 (along with its pisspoor marketing), in my opinion. A lot of people on CB (including me) might enjoy finding out new things on our phones as we go along, but I'm sure a lot of folks just want to be told from the outset what their phones do.

I bet a fair number of people who tried BB10 and then moved elsewhere did so without realising just how many great features the OS has - mainly because BlackBerry has failed to explain them properly.
    06-05-14 10:00 AM
    I struggled with the focus at first. Having big fingers the text would always get covered up and it was frustrating placing the cursor. Once I figured out the proper method it became much more efficient and user friendly.

emPowered by ?
    06-05-14 10:15 AM
    Oh I thought it was a cool name for it. What was the actual squircle that has been removed? Do I miss much?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 10:19 AM
    This has been posted elsewhere but it may help.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...&v=bi9jhGibno4

The end is cool holding the shift key and moving the cursor to highlight text

Posted from my awesome Q10
    srfinva likes this.
    06-05-14 10:33 AM
    This feature if used properly makes anyone correct their writing much faster than an iPhone user.

iOS users don't even have the privilege of having a comparable feature if they needed to pin point the cursor backwards to a specific wording.

This is why I love BB10. Fast typing. Fast messaging.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:33 PM
    And I would actually love a trackpad device again because I think it is actually an asset rather than a hindrance.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:35 PM
    I hate when it is on the edges and need to nudge it one character. I wish the keyboard had a left/right arrow somewhere to deal with this issue.
    I wish the 10.3 update gives keyboard users some useful shortcut to move the cursor around as well as highlight, copy, cut and paste.

Posted via Q10
    I'd love it if we could tap the volume down key to move the text cursor one space to the left - and tap the volume up key to advance it one space to the right. It would also be great if you could fast scroll in either direction by long pressing the corresponding volume key.

I really hope they have something like this planned in 10.3 - because I still hear a lot of complaints from people about not being able to position the cursor properly.
    kbz1960 and AngryPerson like this.
    06-05-14 01:18 PM
    Well...I think if they start with the mapping of volume keys and the like, the question of "why not just get a Classic?" comes to mind.

I'm glad I watched the video posted above. I was unaware of the shift key + focus feature. That's a nice touch and, for me, makes it on par with the trackpad. I'm not an active copy and paste user though.

emPowered by ?
    06-05-14 01:31 PM
    All they need to do is add a few kb options. Like this win8.1 kb on my tablet. Those arrow keys come in real handy.

So a woman with a Q10 was typing with the little squircle-screenshot-23-.png

On the bottom right the kb icon gives you different kb layouts too.
    06-05-14 01:36 PM
    Oh I thought it was a cool name for it. What was the actual squircle that has been removed? Do I miss much?

Posted via CB10
    Squircle: photobucket.com/user/dcburke789/media/squircle4.gif.html

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.512
    06-05-14 07:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    LoL yes you missed A LOT

The "squircle" was an animated thingy you'd see whilst waiting for a page to load etc. When BlackBerry released 10.1 os' s they changed it to just a regular circle. And well the masses went crazy mad.

This began a whole lot of threads and "bring back the squircle" campaigns on CB, twitter & other social media's.

This atrocity has yet to be rectified but we've moved on to other things now. LolololoL

06-06-14 08:45 AM
    And I would actually love a trackpad device again because I think it is actually an asset rather than a hindrance.

Posted via CB10
    I would happily trade all of the useless bezel on this Z10 for a trackpad. As I always say, "options are awesome!".

- Disco Trooper CB10Z10
    06-06-14 09:02 AM
    I find this phone super accurate when trying to move cursor location by tapping the screen. If i do miss then all you have to do is quickly tap the circle on the edge of whatever way you want it to go. Super easy.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 09:17 AM
    Which is totally true unless..... the correction needs to come at a place on the farthest right or left of the screen space. then it's a pita to get the cursor where I want it to go.

Me too...what he said ^^^^^...its a real (expletive) .... makes you want to spit and say bad words....
    moody likes this.
    06-06-14 04:41 PM
    Me too...what he said ^^^^^...its a real (expletive) .... makes you want to spit and say bad words....
    Exactly, and I don't even SAY bad words!

( btw, he is a she ) LoL

06-06-14 05:09 PM
27 12