02-04-2013, 01:12 PM #4Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!
- 4,802 Posts
Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures
BB10, BBOS &PLAYBOOK games apps, and more!
- 02-05-2013, 12:23 PM #7
My guess is that the existing maps app is only a temporary one, and a new version with all the stuff they got is coming.Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-05-2013, 12:36 PM #8
- 127 Posts
Maps on the Z10 (UK) is powered by TomTom. I recently discovered Google Maps in the new browser and it's pretty filthy. You can 'add to home screen' too so you get an icon that launches it.==========================================
- Avid fan of BB 9700 and 9850 - the 5mp camera addition made life so much easier (even though it was fairly crap!). Waited a long time for a Q10, including being 5 months past my 'upgrade' date from the carrier - lost my nerve and got the Z10 1st Feb 2013. Probably switching back to a 9900 while I wait for OS fixes/upgrades. Proud Londoner (that's in the UK, guys!)
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-09-2013, 12:22 PM #9
- 112 Posts
Does anyone have an opinion on TCS for BB10 maps software? Was this a good choice? From reading about the company it seems like they have a reputation for reliability (911 cell calls) and many US government contracts which would align well with BlackBerry.
So for maps software is the general idea that TomTom is for raw data, the TCS is part of the software stack running the maps? How does this compare with Nokia's mapping solutions which I have read has been gaining traction in automotive lately? Is TCS a complete competitor to Nokia then or just one piece.
Any insight would be much appreciated.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that its map, local search, location services and navigation application, along with software components, are included in the new BlackBerry® 10 platform.
The TCS-powered maps application ships with the new BlackBerry 10 smartphones and TCS' associated Application Program Interfaces (APIs) are also available for BlackBerry 10 developers. The mapping and navigation solution includes a series of planned updates and innovation to expand the feature set and to enhance the content and user experience.
BlackBerry 10 smartphone customers can easily search for and locate businesses, as well as points of interest.
The feature-rich map and navigation solution includes maps, points of interest and traffic information.
TCS' NAVBuilder® Inside software components are available through APIs as part of the Native SDK developer toolkit for BlackBerry 10, providing third-party developers with powerful, easy-to-use functions that incorporate maps and a range of location-aware content for their applications.
TCS | Investors |News ReleaseFollow the breadcrumb trail of RIM's epic comeback with BB10BelieveIt on Twitter at @CrumbsObserver
- 02-09-2013, 02:11 PM #10
- By Deathcommand in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 9Last Post: 04-20-2010, 08:36 PM
- By d5115r in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 15Last Post: 03-25-2010, 06:53 AM
- By gossett in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 12Last Post: 12-02-2009, 12:32 PM
- By gossett in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 12-01-2009, 10:47 AM
- By aloening in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-10-2009, 11:28 AM