Article in the Globe and Mail about Kapersky and the weakness of Android's banking apps being hacked. They only mention Android and iOS of course. So the comments suggest BlackBerry us the OS to use. But one commented on that the security only goes to the messaging. So how good and secure are the Banking apps on BlackBerry OS 10? Are these secure? Crackberry should be asking BlackBerry this stuff and if good or even if it is bad should be letting us know.

Posted via CB10
    roderik745 likes this.
    01-27-14 02:30 PM
    I believe the security is actually up to the banks. Cause if you keep screen shots of your transaction they will honor. And your password should be a very difficult one.

Posted with the almighty Z30 using 10.2.1.1925 and the 1926 radio
    01-27-14 02:54 PM
    In terms of the overall device/os i'd venture to say that it is more secure than the rest. As for banking apps, in the u.s. all the major banks still don't have banking apps available but you can get around that by sideloading the android version of which I have none. I get by by going to the banking site on the browser and through there I have extra security measures set when I log on like sending a temp password to my phone on top of my own password. If it's a phone or device that is not recognized then it asks for yet another temp password...

overall I feel safer banking on a blackberry then any other phone, simply because they are harder ( or less likely) to get hacked.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 02:55 PM