I'm following an article on bbin.com on how to install a patched version of snapchat, which has play service dependences removed, onto my BlackBerry Passport. The article can be found here: Guide: Official Snapchat app on BlackBerry 10 - BBin

I'm following it step by step, downloading all required apks. However, when I create a new snapchat account, I use my Gmail address and typing a new password. When I click create account, an error message saying there was a problem connecting to the server, please try again later. I understand you need to create a NEW snapchat ID for this to work which I am doing. I used to have a snapchat ID associated with this same email address, but I have since gone onto snapchat.com and permanently deleted the account. Can anyone find where my problem is here? From what I can tell, this is a current article written very recently, so it seems to be valid still.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 04:20 PM
    Snapchat is blocked at the source. Patching won't help.
    02-22-16 04:28 PM
    Snapchat is blocked at the source. Patching won't help.
    I understand, but according to this article it works, as said by many of the comments you can view on the article. And they are as recent as February

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 04:30 PM
    I understand, but according to this article it works, as said by many of the comments you can view on the article. And they are as recent as February

Posted via CB10
    Every now and then you can get it to work with older versions as long as you sign up with a new account.

Everyone else uses Casper.
    02-22-16 04:36 PM
    If Snapchat is really that important to you, you should get a device on which it's supported.
    02-22-16 04:38 PM
    If Snapchat is really that important to you, you should get a device on which it's supported.
    It's not that important, I am just trying different things with my BlackBerry device, just like many others do. Just a time killer really

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 05:02 PM
    Why does snapchat choose to do this??

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 07:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    To secure its systems against unauthorised access.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/04/03/why...o-longer-work/
    02-22-16 07:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    They only want to support the largest user base - Android/IOS. They block WinPhone users as well.
    02-22-16 07:56 PM