Did BlackBerry remove the ability to view texts on your PlayBook in Bridge 3.0 for BB10? What else did they take out?
    02-04-13 04:59 AM
    Currently Bridging with a Z10 allows you to use tethering for internet access. Access to BBM, SMS, Mail, Contacts, Bridge Browser and Tasks has gone.

This could be due to the Playbook not being updated to allow the use of these or could be down to Blackberry removing this functionality.
    02-04-13 06:05 AM
    Currently Bridging with a Z10 allows you to use tethering for internet access. Access to BBM, SMS, Mail, Contacts, Bridge Browser and Tasks has gone.

This could be due to the Playbook not being updated to allow the use of these or could be down to Blackberry removing this functionality.
    This is strange. Then why not just use the Z10 as a personal hotspot?

Sounds like Bridge has become redundant, unless they plan on adding functionality in future updates.
    02-04-13 06:25 AM
    For the moment yes. Whether or not they plan on carrying on supporting these features is something I've not seen yet, it could just require an update to the Playbook to allow it to recognize the new Hub setup on the BB10 phones.
    02-04-13 06:34 AM

That's true. Hopefully we will see an ADDITION of features to Bridge when the PlayBook is updated to the next 2.x or OS 10. The functionality that I would really like to see is to be able to use the PlayBook to make/receive calls. I remember that it was present in WebOS 3.0 for the HP TouchPad and I was almost sold on buying a TouchPad just for that reason. If Bridge becomes JUST a hotspot and remote control application, its dumb and pointless.
    Cale M likes this.
    02-04-13 06:49 AM
    That's true. Hopefully we will see an ADDITION of features to Bridge when the PlayBook is updated to the next 2.x or OS 10. The functionality that I would really like to see is to be able to use the PlayBook to make/receive calls. I remember that it was present in WebOS 3.0 for the HP TouchPad and I was almost sold on buying a TouchPad just for that reason. If Bridge becomes JUST a hotspot and remote control application, its dumb and pointless.
    I totally agree. I have a Bluetooth headset that can make calls. Why not enable the PlayBook to act as a fully functional speakerphone? Not to mention I almost exclusively use my playbook in replying to BBM messages. Let's hope it's just in need of an update.
    02-04-13 06:58 AM
    I totally agree. I have a Bluetooth headset that can make calls. Why not enable the PlayBook to act as a fully functional speakerphone? Not to mention I almost exclusively use my playbook in replying to BBM messages. Let's hope it's just in need of an update.
    I hope BlackBerry is just waiting for their event in May to update the PlayBooks. They really should have been developing PlayBook BB10 alongside the phone version but, they're afraid it will mess up the sales for the Z10 because the PlayBook can be as cheap as $100. I'm seriously so tired of having to wait for things from RIM.
    02-04-13 07:34 AM