Some news outlets are reporting that a certain Mr. Butterfield has "created" something called "Slack" for Microsoft to unify all communications .... doesn't this sound like the BlackBerry HUB?:

From the Globe and Mail Dec. 7, 2014:

"From Flickr to Slack: B.C.'s Silicon Valley golden boy finds success in failure:"

?It? is a new startup called Slack, built around a productivity tool that combines all manner of interoffice communications ? from instant messaging to document transfers ? into one central hub. Founded in January of this year with a staff of just eight people, the company now employs 65, and recently completed a round of funding that implies a valuation of $1.1-billion (U.S.). In a town full of big new things, Slack has suddenly become the biggest and the newest.

In fact, the only thing bigger than Slack?s rapid rise is Mr. Butterfield?s plans for its future. In the same casual manner, he says his goal for Slack is to do for communication what Microsoft?s Windows did for software: become the unifying hub."

From Flickr to Slack: B.C.'s Silicon Valley golden boy finds success in failure - The Globe and Mail

Via the Globe and Mail's BB10 App

Globe News - BlackBerry World

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-07-14 07:40 AM
    I foreseen before that it's a matter of time until the Hub will be copied into other platforms. I'm curious how they are gonna implement it and more curious to see what BlackBerry will do to keep it's Hub the best of them all.
    12-07-14 07:51 AM
    I foreseen before that it's a matter of time until the Hub will be copied into other platforms. I'm curious how they are gonna implement it and more curious to see what BlackBerry will do to keep it's Hub the best of them all.
    Yeah, but could be patent / intellectual property infringement.

12-07-14 07:53 AM
    Yeah, but could be patent / intellectual property infringement.

Actually unless you use the same coding (or at least some important part), same UI, same interaction and so on, creating an app with the same purpose does not make it a case of IP rights infringement.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 08:14 AM
    Slack isn't a competitor of BlackBerry Hub... Not at all. And it's not the only one in this business (Hipchat for example).
    I must say it's very handy (and free). Used it in the past as it's often a productivity webapp in any Startup toolbox. You can for example link your Git or Subversion to it, so all Push/Commit is instantly displayed in the main feed.
    12-07-14 08:43 AM
    OP,
    Please do not open multiple threads on the same topic.
    Continue here http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ew-hub-981568/
    12-07-14 09:33 AM