Some see a Picture that shows a Skype Icon. I Hope skype will be there at Lanch.

http://n4bb.com/skype-icons-blackberry-10-dev-alpha-latest/
    01-15-13 02:00 PM
    I'm not saying that it isn't real here.... But that is very photoshop-able if that's a word, especially if you throw a giant watermark over them like that.
    01-15-13 02:08 PM
    Skype icons turn up in latest BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha update | CrackBerry.com

If anything, just looks like Skype chat to me. *shrugs*
    lorax1284 and anon(2692400) like this.
    01-15-13 02:17 PM
    should save yourselves the aggrevation.... the only time Skype or any other app for that matter will arrive on BB10 will be when RIM officially announces it.... This is why there is always so much dissapointment when apps are not there... many times it is not RIM announces upcoming apps or features.... people read a rumor real and next thing you know it tales on a life of its own.... best example is the Android Player... when announced RIM clearly stated that the player would not work with all apps. By the time it was released a bunch of users was griping that RIM had promised them a player that should play every app... simply not the case... we should all ourselves a favour and wait out the next 2 weeks... this way any disappointment will be tempered....
    vbittersweet and robkd like this.
    01-15-13 02:35 PM
    should save yourselves the aggrevation.... the only time Skype or any other app for that matter will arrive on BB10 will be when RIM officially announces it.... This is why there is always so much dissapointment when apps are not there... many times it is not RIM announces upcoming apps or features.... people read a rumor real and next thing you know it tales on a life of its own.... best example is the Android Player... when announced RIM clearly stated that the player would not work with all apps. By the time it was released a bunch of users was griping that RIM had promised them a player that should play every app... simply not the case... we should all ourselves a favour and wait out the next 2 weeks... this way any disappointment will be tempered....
    or the time RIM showed the screenshot of AppWorld for PlayBook with the Skype and MSN Messenger icons... oh wait... bad example... that was RIM creating false hope...
    lorax1284 likes this.
    01-15-13 02:41 PM
    Is the lack of MSN messenger icons an indicator mean anything? I mean if both MSN messenger and Skype icons were present that would indicate more of a commitment than just Skype as a replacement for the already present on BB7 MSN messenger text chat.
    01-16-13 07:53 PM
    Is the lack of MSN messenger icons an indicator mean anything? I mean if both MSN messenger and Skype icons were present that would indicate more of a commitment than just Skype as a replacement for the already present on BB7 MSN messenger text chat.
    I can't see the logic in putting in MSN messenger when they are disconinuing it in just 2 months from now.
    Sansu94 and TomJasper like this.
    01-16-13 08:16 PM
    If it's any consolation we do know Viber is coming aprox April, I'm thinking hands down Viber is/will be better then Skype.
    Some see a Picture that shows a Skype Icon. I Hope skype will be there at Lanch.

Skype Icons Found in BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Latest OS - N4BB
    01-16-13 10:15 PM
    If it's any consolation we do know Viber is coming aprox April, I'm thinking hands down Viber is/will be better then Skype.
    There are plenty of options better than Skype. Skype's quality isn't the reason it's in high demand.
    01-16-13 11:11 PM
    Still no news on Skype eh? Might be a deal breaker for me....
    01-23-13 01:02 PM
    Of course we wait and see if Skype materialises on BB10, but that said I think it's likely to be there through an official skype app with video chat. One of the reasons I've felt that Skype on the playbook hasn't materialised is because they are all going over to BB10 anyway, and making a separate app for an OS that is on a single device that won't exist much longer seems to be a waste of time and resources that would be better spent making the BB10 version.

Does skype make a difference to me? Not really. There's one or two people I chat to on there, but having it on my phone wouldn't make me more or less interested. But does it make a difference to the teeming masses? You bet it does.

Given how mobile device video chat is a reality now, and how many people were so disappointed by the Playbooks lack of non-playbook video chat, it would seem too obvious a thing to not be there in BB10. RIM know that if BB10 is going to be competitive they can't just not have functionality the other platforms have. They can't win people over by saying 'Sorry we just don't do that'. Lots of people skype off their phones now, and Blackberries are supposed to be communication devices... You get where I'm going? My guess is that six months ago someone from RIM went over to Microsoft and said 'We are willing to do whatever it takes to make this happen' and they quietly worked something out, and its one of those things that we will see unveiled on the 30th; some guy will come out on stage to introduce Heins, come to the end of it, then pick up the Z10 on the podium, hit skype, video call Heins backstage and say 'Hey boss... It's time to come on stage'.
    01-23-13 01:38 PM
    BlackBerry 10 News

Just as a heads up!!
    01-24-13 08:48 AM
    BlackBerry 10 News

Just as a heads up!!
    thanks for sharing !
    01-24-13 08:53 AM
    thanks for sharing !
    You're welcome, I've been saying this for months, and people doubted me that skype would be integrated
    01-24-13 09:12 AM
    You're welcome, I've been saying this for months, and people doubted me that skype would be integrated
    when i was a lurker i remember you saying skype was coming to the pb with os2 because your brother in rim told you so or something like that. your sources are not so accurate eh?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-24-13 09:18 AM
    when i was a lurker i remember you saying skype was coming to the pb with os2 because your brother in rim told you so or something like that. your sources are not so accurate eh?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Not my brother, my ex's gf's brother, who is now a good friend of mine. I couldn't leak out what I was given as it was his PlayBook, but since someone else leaked it, why not let it out now...
    01-24-13 09:22 AM
    Looking at the above link..why is there a "invite to BBM" button for his own account? Is it not photoshopped? Is that link credible? Plz correct me if I'm wrong. Looks great if its real. Thanks.
    01-24-13 09:43 AM
    I think this is a circumstance where MS wouldn't let RIM have Skype until it had been on WP8 for a few months. Not completely inconceivable that this would be part of the decision to push the launch date back the way they did.
    01-24-13 10:26 AM