Hey everyone I want to start by saying that I am amazed at the Z10...amazing device; I actually switched from my iPhone to this. But coming from an iPhone I really liked the ability to skip a song with my headphones volume rocker. Is there any way to do that with BlackBerry 10 or are there any headphones that allow this feature in the market now?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 04:23 PM
    Hey everyone I want to start by saying that I am amazed at the Z10...amazing device; I actually switched from my iPhone to this. But coming from an iPhone I really liked the ability to skip a song with my headphones volume rocker. Is there any way to do that with BlackBerry 10 or are there any headphones that allow this feature in the market now?

Posted via CB10
    Good question. Will try this out with my Jaybirds tonight.
    04-02-13 04:25 PM
    Have you turned on the setting to be able to advance songs with the volume buttons on the device?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 09:50 PM
    Yeah I just do it how I would with my ipod touch. Just instead of double tapping a home button to bring up a shortcut for music hold the volume rocker.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-02-13 10:11 PM
    you need to turn on music shortcuts in the phone settings menu. Coming from an iPhone the biggest difference is that you will need to hold the volume up or down buttons to skip forward and back. Pause requires you just to click the middle button. And so far there's no fast forward or rewind functionality (much to my dismay :/ ). You can still raise or lower the volume by quickly tapping the + or - buttons on your headphone's volume rocker or by using the phone's + or - keys. These shortcuts also work for bluetooth headphones. I've tried them with my jaybird Bluebud X.
    04-02-13 10:13 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I already know about the feature to skip the song with the volume rocker on the device. But I was wondering if it was possible with the headphones volume rocker to skip the songs.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 06:35 AM
    Not possible. IPhone has a stranglehold on that. Won't work with android either. A patent is a patent.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 06:40 AM
    In essence what I want it do is avoid taking my phone out when unnecessary..

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:01 AM
    Hmm.. I see.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:02 AM
    I have a pair of Sennheisers which are designed for iPhone but actually work better with the Z10.

The headphones have 3 buttons and they work in the exact same way as the 3 buttons on the side of the Z10. Even works for activating voice control.

So, it's nothing to do with patents I'm afraid.

If you want to know the model number of the Sennheisers I'm using, let me know and I'll check.

They were only 40 too, bargain.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:08 AM
    Interesting. Now, can you skip songs with the pause/play button?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:50 PM
    Not with the pause/play button, but long press of either the + or - buttons does. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well it all works. A long press of the middle button activates the voice control.

These are the ones - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004...bUvbUpU8253264

Posted via CB10
    littledragon20x likes this.
    04-03-13 01:38 PM
    In essence what I want it do is avoid taking my phone out when unnecessary..

Posted via CB10
    That's what my reply was stating. I use apple earbuds and the volume rocker works for skipping, etc as well as answering and ending calls.
    04-03-13 01:46 PM
    Wow. I don't know why I never tried that before. I have the same exact headphones and was using them for my iPhone but I had never tried the long press on the volume rocker the headphones. This has answered my question. Thanks I really appreciate the help.

Not with the pause/play button, but long press of either the + or - buttons does. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well it all works. A long press of the middle button activates the voice control.

These are the ones - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004...bUvbUpU8254573

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 05:37 PM