Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm asking if anyone has a system that has installed the script and got their own VPN working for this.

I got Rebelllious to send me his modified scripts for Ubuntu and I'm realizing the issues aren't with the scripts, but with the way my Ubuntu VPS works (DreamHost VPS's are very limited it seems..)

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    You need to use KVM or XEN VPS. OpenVZ won't work due to the type of virtualization it does. Quick google search (old hits) makes it sound like Dreamhost is using OpenVZ or something similar.

So I think your issue is a VPS compatibility issue.

There are cheap VPS in the US on bare specs (ie, 96-128MB RAM) for under $20/year. There are cheap Canadian VPS with terrible stability for about $17.50 USD for "life" at cloudatcost.com.

The best, low cost VPS provider seems to be "Ramnode".
    03-10-15 07:35 PM
    You need to use KVM or XEN VPS. OpenVZ won't work due to the type of virtualization it does. Quick google search (old hits) makes it sound like Dreamhost is using OpenVZ or something similar.

So I think your issue is a VPS compatibility issue.

There are cheap VPS in the US on bare specs (ie, 96-128MB RAM) for under $20/year. There are cheap Canadian VPS with terrible stability for about $17.50 USD for "life" at cloudatcost.com.

The best, low cost VPS provider seems to be "Ramnode".
    Right now I'm paying $9 CAD I think lol, not really looking to pay more X_X

Edit:
    Just looked it up, not sure if it's still current, but apparently in the past they used just basic chroot..

I'm not paying much now, and so if I paid more I'd prefer to move to a dedi server and then could share with another friend of mine who also pays for a VPS. Would you have any recommendations? I found a few between $27-60 that were actually quite good performance for what I could use it for o.O

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    Last edited by D3C0D3R; 03-10-15 at 11:15 PM.
    semime likes this.
    03-10-15 07:41 PM
    I can't get past "please wait a little, installing" message.
    Anyone know what the isssue is?

VPN is fine...

Thanks.
    05-12-15 02:15 AM

Here is a short illustration video showing everything works fine for me. This was shot about 2 hours ago, though the target device is my BlackBerry Playbook (no BB10 device, sorry, guys). Please be 100% sure you use the correct settings for VPN address, which I show in development mode, as well as the development mode itself is enabled.
    Last edited by Rebelllious; 05-12-15 at 08:04 AM.
    05-12-15 07:10 AM

Here is a short illustration video showing everything works fine for me. This was shot about 2 hours ago, though the target device is my BlackBerry Playbook (no BB10 device, sorry, guys). Please be 100% sure you use the correct settings for VPN address, which I show in development mode, as well as the development mode itself is enabled.
    Hey Rebelllious, unfortunately it's still pooched anything 10.3.1+ it seems :/ :s

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2708
    05-12-15 12:39 PM
    I just get "Installing the app. Please wait a little..." forever and it never installs.
    I have my VPN on successfully etc.
    I'm just trying to get Snap so I can get Google Play Apps
    Anyone have any troubleshooting ideas?
    I'm happy to pay the developer for support if you want to BBM Screenshare.
    PM me and I will donate...

Thanks.
    05-12-15 01:18 PM

Saw this thread updated and I thought I would give it another try as I have many times in the past with about 5% success. I actually did connect successfully ONE time with my Playbook. But no dice! I cannot even connect to the VPN--it gives me the "Failed to establish VPN connection. General Error". Yes I am in DEV MODE and yes I have the EXACT same settings as Rebelllious . Oh well--it doesn't surprise me. lol
    05-12-15 02:14 PM
    Saw this thread updated and I thought I would give it another try as I have many times in the past with about 5% success. I actually did connect successfully ONE time with my Playbook. But no dice! I cannot even connect to the VPN--it gives me the "Failed to establish VPN connection. General Error". Yes I am in DEV MODE and yes I have the EXACT same settings as Rebelllious . Oh well--it doesn't surprise me. lol
    Which VPN settings are you using? There have been many changes throughout the months, a Playbook should have no issues :P

05-12-15 02:54 PM
    Which VPN settings are you using? There have been many changes throughout the months, a Playbook should have no issues :P

I have the following :

Profile Name: Sideload.it
    Server Address : sideload.it
    Gateway Type: Generic IKEv2 VPN Server
    Authentication Type: PSK
    Authentication ID Type: IPv4
    Authentication ID: morley
    Preshared Key: sideload.it
    Gateway Auth Type: PSK
    Gateway Auth ID Type: IPv4
    Gateway Preshared Key: sideload.it
    05-12-15 03:41 PM
    I have the following :

Profile Name: Sideload.it
    Server Address : sideload.it
    Gateway Type: Generic IKEv2 VPN Server
    Authentication Type: PSK
    Authentication ID Type: IPv4
    Authentication ID: morley
    Preshared Key: sideload.it
    Gateway Auth Type: PSK
    Gateway Auth ID Type: IPv4
    Gateway Preshared Key: sideload.it
    Your issue is server address, it's supposed to be vpn.sideload.it :P

Sideload.it - sideload any BAR files for FREE (no computer needed!!!)-img_20150512_212934.png

05-12-15 08:31 PM
    Your issue is server address, it's supposed to be vpn.sideload.it :P

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150512_212934.png 
Views:	1783 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	352555

Yeah, I tried that "vpn.sideload.it" also--did not work. Tried again just now-thanks for trying and replying anyway
    05-12-15 08:45 PM
    Yeah, I tried that "vpn.sideload.it" also--did not work. Tried again just now-thanks for trying and replying anyway
    Odd, I'm able to connect :/

05-13-15 06:47 AM
    Guys, the correct address of the server is sideload.it (vpn.sideload.it was used for some time when it was hosted on my home box).
    All the rest should be fine.
    Only one question: do all of you mind putting the VPN address (192.168.77.xxx) inside the Sideload.it client app as shown in the video? That video is my second try. At my first one I realized I had wrong device IP address in my client app. Make sure you have the correct IP in the app settings.
    05-13-15 07:52 AM
    Odd, I'm able to connect :/

Yes it is, has to be something wrong with me somewhere because I have tried unsuccessfully for a long time and only once was I able to connect.
    05-13-15 09:03 AM
    Well, the VPN side of the matter works just fine.. Do you have issues with other VPN providers as well?
    05-13-15 10:05 AM
    Well, the VPN side of the matter works just fine.. Do you have issues with other VPN providers as well?
    Hey Rebelllious, not sure what happened to your VPN, but I'm not longer able to connect via either VPN address, I'll try following up via BBM.

If it helps, I'm getting a ton of errors very quickly, the final one being a DNS error :/

05-13-15 08:37 PM
    No, I have never before used any VPN provider other than trying Sideload.it
    05-13-15 09:36 PM
    So I have just come across BarInstall, and I'm wondering if there'd be a way to setup Sideload.It's proxy to emulate the proxy it needs, or to just get the code/method from BarInstall to use with Sideload.It!

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    07-12-15 10:49 AM
    I can't seem to get this Sideload.it at all, does anyone have a working, clickable link as OP's link doesn't seem to click on my device !

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 01:25 PM
    It does work. Sometimes it gets stuck, yet it is still functional.
    Unfortunately, the problem with 10.3+ is still there. So, you are welcome to use any other method for installing your bar files...
    07-12-15 03:53 PM
    Yeah I've seemed to be able to get BarInstall to slightly work, however I'd prefer to use this apps method of it as I like the apk installation method..

Curious all of these finicky little changes and how they affect things :/

07-13-15 12:42 AM
    Well, this has finally happened. The VPS instance with Sideload.it is deprived of networking connection by VPS provider due to too many clients connected to VPN. Fine. Now we have no website and no VPN server. Didn't I tell you not to abuse VPN?.. If I ever run it again (let's hope I will), I will rearrange the whole procedure of getting connected to the VPN server switching it to some kind of registration.
    Will keep you updated.
    07-17-15 01:50 AM
    Well damn

It was bound to happen sooner or later I guess :/

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 03:43 AM
    Well, this has finally happened. The VPS instance with Sideload.it is deprived of networking connection by VPS provider due to too many clients connected to VPN. Fine. Now we have no website and no VPN server. Didn't I tell you not to abuse VPN?.. If I ever run it again (let's hope I will), I will rearrange the whole procedure of getting connected to the VPN server switching it to some kind of registration.
    Will keep you updated.
    How many was too many?

The number of connections should be irrelevant. It would only be the amount of traffic or the type of traffic that would get you canned.
    07-17-15 04:21 PM
    How many was too many?

The number of connections should be irrelevant. It would only be the amount of traffic or the type of traffic that would get you canned.
    Likely the piracy traffic, it happened in the past and he had to shut it down for a month and change provider

07-17-15 06:34 PM
634 ... 1819202122 ...