When moving to a BB10 device some of us can't add our favorite apps, like BlackBerry traffic or my fitness pal, etc that we came to know and love on our old blackberries.

Why is this and isn't there a way some genius can figure out how to side load them after appropriately tweaking the app? I get tired of seeing "Device not supported " lol
    06-16-13 08:14 PM
    Nope. BB7 is a completely different OS, it would require creation of an emulator to run BB7 apps on BB 10.
    06-16-13 08:16 PM
    But android is a completely different Os and we can side load those. I just don't understand the difference is all.
    06-16-13 08:24 PM
    They put in an android "emulator" but not a bbos one. Since android is open source and has lots of apps it was the best choice

Posted via CB10
    brmiller1976 likes this.
    06-16-13 08:30 PM
    But android is a completely different Os and we can side load those. I just don't understand the difference is all.
    Android is an open source OS, so BlackBerry was able to take the code they wanted from android and create an emulator around that specific series of codes...Android was made to be installed on all different devices and screen sizes.

BlackBerry 7 and below has always been built and optimized around specific screen sizes and drivers and technology.

If it was that easy, why did BlackBerry start over? They couldn't just slab a dual core processor onto the old legacy Blackberries. It would have crashed as soon as they would put the battery in...

Sometimes it's easier to start over and drop everything that was worked on in the past than to fix what is severely flawed.

Kinda like when you build a bird house leaning a little to the left and it would take a lot of time to fix that small problem you end up just starting over and not using any of the old wood that was used in the messed up bird house.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 08:37 PM
    There's plenty of alternatives in the BlackBerry World. They're usually better than the old ones.
    06-16-13 08:43 PM