09-02-13 07:59 PM
    That isn't good news at all and I think the numbers are misleading. How many of those were BB10 phones is the critical question? i didn't see that in there. If, for instance it was half BB10 that would mean that HTC, Motorola and LG sold more Android devices than BB sold of their new OS. Basically, if a good BB phone with Android and a great UI and communication clients could get 10% of the Android market they would probably be doing better than they are now.
    09-02-13 08:10 PM
    i will give up on blackberry if thet adopt android system ..

well 10.2 OS one of the worlds best system why they want to use those things

Last edited by BergerKing; 09-02-13 at 11:21 PM.
    yvpan1 likes this.
    09-02-13 08:47 PM
    i will give up on blackberry if thet adopt android system ..

well 10.2 OS one of the worlds best system why they want to use those things

So that you can access enough software to use.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 09-02-13 at 11:21 PM.
    09-02-13 08:52 PM
    If we are going to compare, we should look at the bb10 figure and compare that with an Android brand (pick any brand for example Samsung) over the same period of time when it first adopted Android.

Post via CB Z10
    09-02-13 08:57 PM
    I think BB10 is doing pretty well. Web analytics service gs.statcounter.com compiles accesses to 3 million global web sites and breaks it down by region, country, monthly, weekly or daily. Although the BB10 device lineup is still rolling out, it has stopped Blackberry's decline in share of web accesses and has started to recover lost ground. In North America, BB is third (after Apple, Samsung) among phone vendors with 5.72%, up from a low of 2.39% in May 2013. Among OS vendors, BB has 5.72% vs 1.8% for Windows Phone (which has been out a lot longer than BB10). Worldwide, BB is ahead of HTC, LG, Sony and Motorola with 3.75% up from 3.4% in April 2013. BB10 is overcoming the BB7 dropoff and is growing fast.
    09-02-13 10:31 PM
    So that you can access enough software to use.
    If devs can't be bothered to do a simple port and repackaging of apps for BlackBerry 10 as it stands now, where is the evidence that they'd do the likely necessary tweaks to run their apps on a highly modified version of android that's built by BlackBerry? Security is androids weak point. Surely BlackBerry could not have built on stock android.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    09-02-13 10:54 PM
    If we are going to compare, we should look at the bb10 figure and compare that with an Android brand (pick any brand for example Samsung) over the same period of time when it first adopted Android.

Post via CB Z10
    Not a good comparison, there was a lot less competition back then which is partly why Android became successful. Even if BB does exactly what Android did it's still not a guaranteed win...
    09-02-13 10:55 PM
    I think BB10 is doing pretty well. Web analytics service gs.statcounter.com compiles accesses to 3 million global web sites and breaks it down by region, country, monthly, weekly or daily. Although the BB10 device lineup is still rolling out, it has stopped Blackberry's decline in share of web accesses and has started to recover lost ground. In North America, BB is third (after Apple, Samsung) among phone vendors with 5.72%, up from a low of 2.39% in May 2013. Among OS vendors, BB has 5.72% vs 1.8% for Windows Phone (which has been out a lot longer than BB10). Worldwide, BB is ahead of HTC, LG, Sony and Motorola with 3.75% up from 3.4% in April 2013. BB10 is overcoming the BB7 dropoff and is growing fast.
    Doesn't the oft-debunked Statcounter data fly in the face of BBRY's self-reported performance?
    09-02-13 10:58 PM
    I'd give up Bbry if they switched to android, I use other o's, but not for personal or business.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 11:12 PM
    I'd give up Bbry if they switched to android, I use other o's, but not for personal or business.

Posted via CB10
    I'd give it a try. Just because I like BlackBerry's design sense. Just look at the keyboard on the Z10 as an example.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    09-02-13 11:16 PM
    If BlackBerry went Android, I'd follow for the keyboard. Hell, if they went WP8 I'd still follow.

I think android could be amazing, but I'd rather play with cascades.
    09-02-13 11:19 PM
    That isn't good news at all and I think the numbers are misleading. How many of those were BB10 phones is the critical question? i didn't see that in there. If, for instance it was half BB10 that would mean that HTC, Motorola and LG sold more Android devices than BB sold of their new OS. Basically, if a good BB phone with Android and a great UI and communication clients could get 10% of the Android market they would probably be doing better than they are now.
    I said "some" not entirely.
    09-03-13 01:44 AM
    If devs can't be bothered to do a simple port and repackaging of apps for BlackBerry 10 as it stands now, where is the evidence that they'd do the likely necessary tweaks to run their apps on a highly modified version of android that's built by BlackBerry? Security is androids weak point. Surely BlackBerry could not have built on stock android.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    That's exactly the point. They won't port to a platform with this level of sales in many cases. Maybe they could have done something like have a secure and non-secure partition.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 05:52 AM
    I love the blackberry os, but I would love the adapt of android apps into the app world without .bar files
    09-03-13 05:57 AM
    Wouldn't that also apply to android devices? How many devices were running pre 4.2 versions of Android? There are always many stories to tell from stats.

To me, it just shows me interesting partnership opportunities. How much input, say, does HTC or Sony have with Android development vs. Samsung?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 08:49 AM
    If BlackBerry went Android, I wouldn't think of it as a berry anymore. And I probably wouldnt have owned one now. After Nokia adopted windows, it is now a windows phone. Would you want just another google phone, or would you like a BlackBerry?
    09-03-13 08:58 AM
    Wouldn't that also apply to android devices? How many devices were running pre 4.2 versions of Android? There are always many stories to tell from stats.

To me, it just shows me interesting partnership opportunities. How much input, say, does HTC or Sony have with Android development vs. Samsung?

Posted via CB10
    Fragmentation is probably the biggest problem Android. Of late, I have read Google is trying to help the problem. But you're right it is a problem. But problems are relative. Several of the Android campanies, not just Samsung seem to be selling as well or better than Blackberry.
    09-03-13 09:03 AM
    If BlackBerry went Android, I wouldn't think of it as a berry anymore. And I probably wouldnt have owned one now. After Nokia adopted windows, it is now a windows phone. Would you want just another google phone, or would you like a BlackBerry?
    I think it would depend. I think generally people use the terms OS and user interface interchangeably. But they aren't the same. I would think that the effort that went into making a whole new OS could have rather gone into making a Blackberry appearing UI on top of Android that would have seemed like a BB to the user but would have let you go to the Google store and get apps and run them. You touch icons on the screen, what's under there doesn't involve you of it is done right.
    09-03-13 09:11 AM
    You don't need numbers to prove this. Android kinda sucks compared to bb10 that is enough of a reason

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 01:21 PM
    The market doesn't agree with your assessment.

Posted via CB10
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    09-03-13 01:27 PM
    You don't need numbers to prove this. Android kinda sucks compared to bb10 that is enough of a reason

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Why stop at Android? Life itself sucks compared to BB10.
    09-03-13 01:51 PM
    LOL. Why stop at Android? Life itself sucks compared to BB10.
    Android has like 70%-80% of the market and BB10 has what, 2%? Indeed all is well.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 01:55 PM
    The market doesn't agree with your assessment.

Posted via CB10
    Platform purists rarely respond to reason.
    09-03-13 01:57 PM
    Android has like 70%-80% of the market and BB10 has what, 2%? Indeed all is well.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, latest IDC numbers show Android powering 80% of all Smartphones. Apple down to 13% (from 16% last year).

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 02:51 PM
49 12