Sometimes I miss the x and reopen the app when I want to close it. The swipe up to close on the pb was great. I think they should bring that to bb10. Agree, disagree?

Posted from my Z10
    10-20-13 11:04 PM
    I could go for that. I have caught myself swiping them on occasion. Usually, shortly after being on the PlayBook.
    10-20-13 11:07 PM
    I loved it too. But if we have six apps open- and attempt to scroll to the bottom screen, may accidentally close an app that we really didn't want closed.

Posted via CB10
    redsaph and anon(5906760) like this.
    10-20-13 11:13 PM
    I loved it too. But if we have six apps open- and attempt to scroll to the bottom screen, may accidentally close an app that we really didn't want closed.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto.

Sent from my Nexus 7. Z10 user, STL100-1.
    10-20-13 11:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Then it needs to be another gesture. Maybe a two finger swipe up

Posted from my Z10
    Gerii likes this.
    10-20-13 11:15 PM
    Maybe use it for the "minimize" option or run in background! And keep the X for closing

Rockin Q10 Powered by 10.2 MR
    10-20-13 11:36 PM
    Then it needs to be another gesture. Maybe a two finger swipe up

Posted from my Z10
    The flick up to close feature absolutely needs to be brought over to BB10! Maybe a hold, then flick up gesture??
    10-20-13 11:37 PM
    It was good. Now IOS7 uses that gesture to close an application.
    10-20-13 11:37 PM
    It was good. Now IOS7 uses that gesture to close an application.
    Yes it does, I updated my iPad3 and was ticked off it has it but my phone doesn't lol.

Posted from my Z10
    10-20-13 11:50 PM
    Maybe not flick up to close from a tile (tapping the X is less input after all) but a swipe up from the bottom to top of screen to close an app without first having to minimize it to an active tile would be nice.
    10-21-13 03:07 AM
    Maybe not flick up to close from a tile (tapping the X is less input after all) but a swipe up from the bottom to top of screen to close an app without first having to minimize it to an active tile would be nice.
    But imagine how many people would be pissed with that happening... what if you're into your Temple Run or Minion Rush and you flick upwards too much? People would be annoyed...

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 03:03 AM
    Sometimes I miss the x and reopen the app when I want to close it. The swipe up to close on the pb was great. I think they should bring that to bb10. Agree, disagree?

Posted from my Z10
    Playbookster, I'm in.
    That is the gesture I miss from my PB.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 03:33 AM
    Why not just make the X a little bigger?

It's really small compared to the rest of the tile so I agree sometimes it's a hard target to hit, and I think it could be made bigger w/o compromising the "tile".

Posted via CB10
    mundo472 and mastermike87 like this.
    10-23-13 04:23 AM
    Yes I like the way you close apps on the PlayBook it just makes sense.

But as someone mentioned before you could possibly accidently close an app you didn't want to close if you were just scrolling down?

So maybe a long press on the app you wanted to close then a flick up would do it? And instead of the 'x' a minimise button '-' so you could minimise the app so it runs in the background giving you more space for open apps.

There could be a couple of options to keep a check on backgtound apps running. One could be using the peek feature so as u gesture up to peek there's an icon just like the email, Txt, Gmail icons etc for the number of apps running in the background. Another could be in the drop down setting menu. With both you would then click and go to the hub or other place were you would then have the option to either close or reinstate the app? And of course you may need some sort of notification warning to let you know if you have to many running or if it was draining on the system ?

Am not a techy so don't know if this all would work. But sounds good to me...

Posted from my Z10 (very smart phone)
    10-23-13 04:29 AM
    I would like it. But to avoid accidentally closing apps perhaps a more complicated gesture? I propose the following:

Move thumb in a zigzag left to right, then draw circles while simultaneously moving thumb to top of screen, now place 3 digits on the screen at the same time in a terse "vulcan mind meld" gesture. Finish the gesture by shaking the phone like a champagne bottle then tap it on a table six times, once on each of its sides.

Voila! App closes like silk unfolding.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    redsaph likes this.
    10-23-13 05:32 AM
    I want this feature too! And also the true multitasking of PB! if PB with inferior spec and OS can do it, BB10 should be able to do it!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 06:05 AM
    I would love to see an complete active frames gesture overhaul, maybe with options to pin and sort (I dont actually need those, but ey... options!), some kind of long press on the frames triggering a submenu pattern developers could make use.

Too complex gestures will probably take the same amount of time as clicking 5 times X to close an app - but I like the idea of having more options in general!
    Last edited by endevour; 10-23-13 at 06:11 AM. Reason: those sentences did not make sense to me :P
    10-23-13 06:07 AM
    I would like it. But to avoid accidentally closing apps perhaps a more complicated gesture? I propose the following:

Move thumb in a zigzag left to right, then draw circles while simultaneously moving thumb to top of screen, now place 3 digits on the screen at the same time in a terse "vulcan mind meld" gesture. Finish the gesture by shaking the phone like a champagne bottle then tap it on a table six times, once on each of its sides.

Voila! App closes like silk unfolding.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    You lost me at vulcan.

Posted via CB10 * Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.4633 * Globe PH
    greenberry666 likes this.
    10-23-13 07:34 AM
    I'd really like to get the swipe from the right/left to switch apps back.

Posted via CB10
    greenberry666 likes this.
    10-23-13 07:46 AM