I updated my Passport to the new official 13.3.1 recently, and I have noticed that now, whenever I use a shortcut key, the app I'm trying to launch fails. Not only that, but whatever I tried to launch then stops working entirely, even when I try to open it using the touchscreen or with Blackberry Assistant.

I did a quick search and haven't found another post about it. Anyone else have a similar issue?

via BlackBerry Passport
    03-02-15 08:08 AM
    Can you check device monitor and see how much memory you have free

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 08:10 AM
    Loads of memory free by the looks of it. I'm generally pretty frugal with my usage.

via BlackBerry Passport
    03-02-15 08:13 AM
    Where you using a leak version before updating to the official version?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:15 PM
    I updated my Passport to the new official 13.3.1 recently, and I have noticed that now, whenever I use a shortcut key, the app I'm trying to launch fails. Not only that, but whatever I tried to launch then stops working entirely, even when I try to open it using the touchscreen or with Blackberry Assistant.

I did a quick search and haven't found another post about it. Anyone else have a similar issue?

via BlackBerry Passport
    This may be your issue

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=998239

And this is the fix

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1000622

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-03-15 08:36 PM
    Where you using a leak version before updating to the official version?
    Nope, I've never run a leaked OS

via BlackBerry Passport
    03-04-15 02:28 PM
    Nope, I've never run a leaked OS

via BlackBerry Passport
    Has nothing to do with leaked OS or not.

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-04-15 03:01 PM
    Seems this bug is no longer limited to the shortcut keys. More and more frequently and app I tap on just moves the screen to the 'home' page and then disappears. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. It has continued even after this latest 'fix' update.

Anyone have ANY ideas??

via BlackBerry Passport
    03-16-15 05:58 PM
    Seems this bug is no longer limited to the shortcut keys. More and more frequently and app I tap on just moves the screen to the 'home' page and then disappears. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. It has continued even after this latest 'fix' update.

Anyone have ANY ideas??

via BlackBerry Passport
    Sounds like it's the Android runtime file problem... are the apps all Android apps that are crashing?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 07:26 PM
    Nope, all apps. The only app that continues to work no problem is Blackberry Assistant.

via BlackBerry Passport
    03-17-15 02:18 AM
    I would do a factory reset. Go to crackberry and on the news page do a search for bricked phone. There is a post by Adam and he explains how to completely redo your OS. If I remember correctly go to blackberry.com, then software update, search for update, plug your phone in, hold top button until it says it is shutting off, turn it back on, select your phone from the list when it shows on screen then accept update. Sometimes you have to reboot your phone a second time(it will prompt you to).
    Make sure you have room on your computer's hard drive for the file and keep in mind it will wipe everything. This trick has worked for me quite a few times. I use it to revert back if I don't want to use a leak anymore.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 07:31 AM